Mass Shootings

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Mass Shootings

Unread post by Vrede too »

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Yeah, I saw that earlier this morning. What an ass.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:03 am
Yeah, I saw that earlier this morning. What an ass.
It's disrespectful to asses to say so.

There have already been at least 146
(155, one was even added while I was posting: April 13, Bronx, 0 killed 4 injured)
mass shootings in America so far in 2023. Here's the full list.

... So far in 2023, the Archive recorded 11,521 (11,992) deaths related to gun violence. In 2022, the Gun Violence Archive recorded 647 mass shootings and 44,287 total deaths from gun violence.

The United States is the only country in the world where there are more civilian guns than there are people, according to the Small Arms Survey (SAS), a Swiss research project.

SAS reports that there are 120 guns for every 100 Americans....

But it's not just mass shootings that make up gun violence in the US. Americans are 25 times more likely to die from a gun homicide than citizens in other high-income countries, according to the Giffords Law Center....
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/repo ... s-shooting

:cry: :x
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:39 am
Just 30 minutes from Auburn. :( Sorry.
Four dead, several injured during mass shooting at Dadeville, Alabama party

... Another news conference is set for 1:00 pm ET, 12:00pm CT.

DADEVILLE, Ala. (WRBL) – A celebration turned violent in downtown Dadeville Saturday night as a shooting left four dead and more than 20 people injured according to investigators. Witnesses tell WRBL the gathering was a Sweet-16 Birthday celebration at Mahogany Masterpiece Dance Studio, and the shooting happened around 10:30 Saturday night. We are told the majority of those injured are teenagers....

The shooting has left the small town shaken ...
Je suis billy.pilgrim, and GoCubsGo, and and and . . .
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

...just some good ol' boys with guns.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:27 pm
EDIT: My bad!!! I posted a link to a 2017 article. :doh: :doh: :doh: :oops: :oops: :oops:
ABC news says who the perps are is still "unclear."

Alabama has the 3rd worst Homicide Mortality Rate after Mississippi and Louisiana.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosm ... micide.htm

6th worst South Carolina
7th Tennessee
8th Maryland :(
9th Illinois
18th North Carolina :(
20th Florida
27th Montana :|

13th best Washington
14th New Jersey
20th California
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:11 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:39 am
Just 30 minutes from Auburn. :( Sorry.
Four dead, several injured during mass shooting at Dadeville, Alabama party

... Another news conference is set for 1:00 pm ET, 12:00pm CT.

DADEVILLE, Ala. (WRBL) – A celebration turned violent in downtown Dadeville Saturday night as a shooting left four dead and more than 20 people injured according to investigators. Witnesses tell WRBL the gathering was a Sweet-16 Birthday celebration at Mahogany Masterpiece Dance Studio, and the shooting happened around 10:30 Saturday night. We are told the majority of those injured are teenagers....

The shooting has left the small town shaken ...
Je suis billy.pilgrim, and GoCubsGo, and and and . . .
Our lake house was in Dadeville and I spent the night in the Tallapoosa jail in Dadeville once upon a long time ago.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

"Kay Ivey, the governor of Alabama, tweeted “violent crime has no place in our state” in the wake of Saturday’s mass shooting where four people were killed.

“This morning, I grieve with the people of Dadeville and my fellow Alabamians,” the Republican governor wrote yesterday.

“Violent crime has NO place in our state, and we are staying closely updated by law enforcement as details emerge.”'

Ms Ivey, a pro-gun (nut) Republican, signed legislation last year ending a requirement to obtain a permit to carry a concealed handgun in public.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:13 pm
O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:27 pm
EDIT: My bad!!! I posted a link to a 2017 article. :doh: :doh: :doh: :oops: :oops: :oops:
ABC news says who the perps are is still "unclear."

Alabama has the 3rd worst Homicide Mortality Rate after Mississippi and Louisiana.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosm ... micide.htm

6th worst South Carolina
7th Tennessee
8th Maryland :(
9th Illinois
18th North Carolina :(
20th Florida
27th Montana :|

13th best Washington
14th New Jersey
20th California
Several times in the past month or so I've seen an announcement on tv by the head of the TBI who says TN leads the nation in gun thefts. I've not made any effort to find out if this is true or not. Anyway, the announcement encourages gun owners to keeps their guns secure and away from ammunition. Sure.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:24 am
Several times in the past month or so I've seen an announcement on tv by the head of the TBI who says TN leads the nation in gun thefts. I've not made any effort to find out if this is true or not. Anyway, the announcement encourages gun owners to keeps their guns secure and away from ammunition. Sure.
Unless the gun was in a gun safe the original owner should be liable for subsequent crimes committed with her/his gun.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:13 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Unless the gun was in a gun safe the original owner should be liable for subsequent crimes committed with her/his gun.
Perhaps that was the reasoning behind the recent law allowing pretty much anyone to open carry a gun with no training....but I doubt it.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:31 am
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Perhaps that was the reasoning behind the recent law allowing pretty much anyone to open carry a gun with no training....but I doubt it.
Are you suggesting there was "reasoning" behind the recent law allowing pretty much anyone to open carry a gun with no training.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:16 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Are you suggesting there was "reasoning" behind the recent law allowing pretty much anyone to open carry a gun with no training.
Never in hell! The impetus for this was nothing more than the favoring of ridiculous "you ain't takin' my guns away" abject fear over the ideas of common sense and public safety. Getting a leg up on the liberals, on anything, is what is important. Nothing else matters. Dead school kids? meh.
Blatant discrimination? no problem. Winning a cultural war issue on social media? Now we're talking.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:46 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Never in hell! The impetus for this was nothing more than the favoring of ridiculous "you ain't takin' my guns away" abject fear over the ideas of common sense and public safety. Getting a leg up on the liberals, on anything, is what is important. Nothing else matters. Dead school kids? meh.
Blatant discrimination? no problem. Winning a cultural war issue on social media? Now we're talking.
Don't forget that the new law means more gun sales now. Not everyone has a fetish toy suitable for everyday carry. Time to go shopping.

Maine, 4 dead 3 injured, suspect arrested:

Joseph Eaton, Bowdoin Shooting Suspect: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:34 pm
8 minutes. :ateeth:
viewtopic.php?p=182214#p182214 ...
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:38 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:52 pm
At least you put it in the right thread. :?
Let's hope so. :problem:
You had the correct thread. :problem: :(

6-year-old, parents and neighbor shot after basketball rolls into North Carolina man's yard

:angry-banghead: Sheesh, just shoot the basketball, asshole.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:02 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:46 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Don't forget that the new law means more gun sales now. Not everyone has a fetish toy suitable for everyday carry. Time to go shopping.

Maine, 4 dead 3 injured, suspect arrested:

Joseph Eaton, Bowdoin Shooting Suspect: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Once upon a time
4 dead generated a hit song

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
It's bad in TN, and it's about to be bad in veto-proof NC, but your Tennessee 3 are still in the Leg and one of the assholes is gone:
Lawmaker Who Voted to Eject ‘Tennessee 3’ Resigns After Sexually Harassing Intern

On Thursday afternoon, a bipartisan ethics committee in the Tennessee legislature found that Republican Rep. Scotty Campbell officially violated the chamber’s sexual harassment policy. He resigned shortly thereafter, according to local station NewsChannel5. Just two weeks ago, Campbell made headlines for condemning three of his fellow state lawmakers for breaking decorum while protesting for gun control laws. After voting to remove all three from their positions in early April, he told local news channel WCYB, “If you were in court and behaved like those three did, you would have been found in contempt of court.”

The committee’s investigation revealed that Campbell, 39, made inappropriately crude and suggestive comments to an intern who lived nearby him. According to an email from one 19-year-old victim provided by a family member, after she and a fellow intern entered their apartment building, Campbell later “made comments about how...he was in his apartment imagining that we were performing sexual acts on one another and how it drove him crazy knowing that was happening so close to him.” He also offered her weed gummies and told her how lonely he was, despite her insistence that he stop.

... Though it found that he’d violated the policy, the ethics committee didn’t impose any consequences on Campbell, refusing to use its power to hold him accountable. The hypocrisy is maddening, coming on the heels of a majority of legislators voting to remove State Reps. Justin Pearson and Justin Jones, young Black Democrats, for protesting against gun violence following the Nashville Convent School shooting.

Plus, it’s pretty rich for a man wasting taxpayer money to cover up his harassment of young interns to complain about decorum and behavior of his colleagues who were being vocal about young people’s safety. Respectability politics serve as a mighty good distraction for actual issues, like children dying from gun violence.

Good riddance to now-former-Rep. Campbell.
Bye-bye, creep. :wave: :wave: :wave:
:---P
GoTNGo
GOP... Grumpy Old Pedophiles
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Isn't Campbell one of neoplacebo's legis-critters? "Parts of Sullivan County"?
So what does Campbell do when he's not ousting Black collegues and hitting on interns?
Spoiler:
"He is a professional wrestling promoter and owner of professional wrestling company Beside The Ring."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:08 am
So what does Campbell do when he's not ousting Black colleagues and hitting on interns?
Spoiler:
"He is a professional wrestling promoter and owner of professional wrestling company Beside The Ring."
If so, neoplacebo for State House!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsport ... ssee#State
The Sullivan County portion of Kingsport is represented in the Tennessee House of Representatives by the 1st and 2nd State Representative districts and the Hawkins County portion by the 6th district. Currently serving in these positions are Representatives John Crawford, Bud Hulsey, and Scotty Campbell respectively.
Idk which county and district neoplacebo is in.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:16 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:08 am
So what does Campbell do when he's not ousting Black colleagues and hitting on interns?
Spoiler:
If so, neoplacebo for State House!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsport ... ssee#State
The Sullivan County portion of Kingsport is represented in the Tennessee House of Representatives by the 1st and 2nd State Representative districts and the Hawkins County portion by the 6th district. Currently serving in these positions are Representatives John Crawford, Bud Hulsey, and Scotty Campbell respectively.
Idk which county and district neoplacebo is in.
Nah, I have other wingnuts.....Bud Hulsey and Jon Lundberg. Here's the entire Hall of Shame. Read it and weep.

http://www.scelect.org/electedofficials.html

edit: yesterday I was flipping through the channels on tv and the state legislature was on PBS, a live stream.....a wingnut was trying to introduce a bill that would make it a felony for someone to vote in a party primary who was not "affiliated" with that party. One of the guys they expelled the other day then took the floor and began to ask the wingnut about why this law is needed and the wingnut hemmed and hawed and pretty much couldn't give any rational reason such a law is needed. That was all of it I could manage......then watched some kind of true crime murder/love story type thing.