Mass Shootings

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Mass Shootings

Unread post by Vrede too »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/photo-shows- ... 00629.html

... Wednesday's incident marks the latest in a string of U.S. school shootings in 2021. According to EducationWeek, there have been 22 school shootings resulting in injuries or deaths since January 1. Those incidents have resulted in the deaths of six people, including four students, and 31 injured.

More than half of the shootings have taken place since the fall term began.
:(
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Wingnuts will use it as an excuse to establish more "Christian" fascist "private" schools partially funded by money they've managed to steal from the public school systems throughout the country via establishment of "non profit" entities that courts have decided are entitled to "equal" treatment.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:46 pm
Wingnuts will use it as an excuse to establish more "Christian" fascist "private" schools partially funded by money they've managed to steal from the public school systems throughout the country via establishment of "non profit" entities that courts have decided are entitled to "equal" treatment.
Yup, plus they'll push for further LEO militarization of public schools. The parents have already settled on an "affluenza" excuse.

Suspected school shooter bullied for being wealthy, family says

:roll: Fuck accountability, the rich have it sooo rough.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy, keep Mrs pilgrim away from the news.
3 students have been killed in a shooting at a Michigan high school

A 15-year-old sophomore opened fire at his Michigan high school on Tuesday, killing three students and wounding six other people, including a teacher, authorities said.

Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe said at a news conference that he didn't know what the assailant's motives were for the attack at Oxford High School in Oxford Township, a community of about 22,000 people roughly 30 miles (48 kilometers) north of Detroit.

Officers responded at around 12:55 p.m. to a flood of 911 calls about an active shooter at the school, McCabe said. Authorities arrested the suspect at the school and recovered a semi-automatic handgun and several clips....
Typical for school shootings, I think:
Demographics

... The racial makeup of the township was 96.83% White, 0.45% African American, 0.26% Native American, 0.51% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.62% from other races, and 1.31% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.19% of the population....

The median income for a household in the township was $63,494, and the median income for a family was $75,216. Males had a median income of $52,083 versus $32,258 for females. The per capita income for the township was $26,601. About 2.1% of families and 4.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.9% of those under age 18 and 7.6% of those age 65 and over.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Mom is an ammosexual Trumpette, surprise surprise.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ethan-crumbl ... 13536.html
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:31 pm
Mom is an ammosexual Trumpette, surprise surprise.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ethan-crumbl ... 13536.html
Dad ain't any better, bought the gun two days before? WTF?

They've lawyered up, surprise.

That kid was a ticking time bomb who never had a realistic chance.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Shame on all of those students and teachers, including the dead ones, for opening their xmas gifts early.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:22 am
Kid's mom's blog post from 2016:

https://justagirlgoignthroughthisworld. ... -mr-trump/
No idea if that's real, but even if it's not there's a lot of Trump voter insight there.

Of course, one could argue that a real estate agent who only makes $40k might be better off with a different job. And she didn't mention what he insurance premiums for comparable coverage were without Obamacare. More insight - Trump was right to love the poorly educated.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:27 am
Whack9 wrote:

No idea if that's real, but even if it's not there's a lot of Trump voter insight there.

Of course, one could argue that a real estate agent who only makes $40k might be better off with a different job. And she didn't mention what he insurance premiums for comparable coverage were without Obamacare. More insight - Trump was right to love the poorly educated.
:laughing-rofl:

Jeez, trump was actually right on something?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:54 am
O Really wrote:
Whack9 wrote:

Isn't this satire?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:28 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
O Really wrote:
Whack9 wrote:

Isn't this satire?
I believe it's sarcasm.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:

Oh, he was right on a lot of things related to the empowerment of Trump. F'rinstance, he was right to just say "fuck you" to those who ranted about his bopping the bimbos, or who raged about his clear corruption. It worked, even in face of impeachable offences. Wouldn't have worked for most people, maybe not for anybody else. Certainly not for Cuomo.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:11 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Oh, he was right on a lot of things related to the empowerment of Trump. F'rinstance, he was right to just say "fuck you" to those who ranted about his bopping the bimbos, or who raged about his clear corruption. It worked, even in face of impeachable offences. Wouldn't have worked for most people, maybe not for anybody else. Certainly not for Cuomo.
Yeah, luckiest blind squirrel in the country.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
... More insight - Trump was right to love the poorly educated.
I think that he really meant the stupid, whatever their level of education.
Police search for parents charged in Michigan school shooting

Authorities on Friday were searching for the parents of the Michigan teenager accused of murdering four students at his high school, hours after the couple was charged with involuntary manslaughter for buying their son the weapon as a Christmas gift and ignoring warning signs as late as the day of the shooting.

A fugitive warrant has been issued for James and Jennifer Crumbley, who had been scheduled for arraignment on four counts of manslaughter each later on Friday, three days after authorities say their 15-year-old son, Ethan, carried out the deadliest U.S. school shooting of 2021.
:---P
Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard told CNN police were searching for the Crumbleys after the couple's attorney told his office that they have stopped responding to messages.

"If they think they're going to get away, they're not," Bouchard said, adding that a "host" of detectives, as well as the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service, were looking for them.
Is a shootout possible?
Four days before the shooting, Ethan accompanied his father to a local gun shop, where James Crumbley bought a semi-automatic handgun, prosecutors said.

Later that day, Ethan posted photos of the gun on social media, writing, "Just got my new beauty today" and adding a heart emoji. His mother posted the next day that the two of them were "testing out his new Christmas present," McDonald said.

Michigan law prohibits those under 18 years of age from buying or possessing firearms, except in limited circumstances such as hunting with a license and a supervising adult.
:lol: The ammosexual Trumpette confessed to a crime on social media. Brilliant!
"These charges are intended to hold the individuals who contributed to this tragedy accountable and also send a message: that gun owners have a responsibility," Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald told a news conference on Friday.

Prosecutors described several chilling warning signs in the days leading up to the shooting at Oxford High School, about 40 miles (60 km) north of Detroit. On one day, a teacher saw Ethan Crumbley searching for ammunition on his phone during class and alerted school officials, who left messages for his mother that went unreturned.

In a text message to her son, prosecutors said, Jennifer Crumbley wrote, "LOL, I'm not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught."

The morning of the shooting, a teacher discovered a drawing that Ethan Crumbley had made depicting a handgun, a bullet, and a bleeding figure. The words "Blood everywhere" and "The thoughts won't stop - help me" were also written on the sheet, among other messages, according to McDonald.

James and Jennifer Crumbley were summoned to the school, where they were instructed to get Ethan into mental health counseling within 48 hours, McDonald said. They "resisted" the idea of taking their son home from school and did not search his backpack or ask him about the gun, she said.

"The notion that a parent could read those words and also know that their son had access to a deadly weapon that they gave him is unconscionable, and I think it's criminal," she said.
Lock them up!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

So, if all of these warnings came from the school, why didn't the school take more definitive action when it was rebuffed by the parents?

I guess others are thinking along those lines:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/charging-dec ... 48170.html
... (Oakland County prosecutor Karen) McDonald was asked about the decision to keep Crumbley in school.

“Of course, he shouldn’t have gone back to that classroom. ... I believe that is a universal position. I’m not going to chastise or attack, but yeah," she said.

Asked if school officials may potentially be charged, McDonald said: “The investigation’s ongoing.”
Otoh, the school probably only knew about the fantasies, not that Crumbley had been armed by his parents.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Good example of the warped view people in this country have of guns. They'll point back to the past and point out how guns weren't as big of a deal back then. One common retort is students having hunting rifles in their trucks in the school parking lot.

But they fetishize guns to the point where they are a big deal. Guns are tools. A rifle and shotgun are great tools for hunting. Ideally, a handgun is a tool for self defense.

The parents bought the kid a handgun and a few magazines and some ammo as a Christmas gift. The kid was 15.

If I was 15 and asked my parents for a handgun they'd probably either be really concerned, or just laugh in my face and say no. Likely the former though.

Our gun fetish is really disturbing to say the least.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Whack9 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:45 am
Good example of the warped view people in this country have of guns. They'll point back to the past and point out how guns weren't as big of a deal back then. One common retort is students having hunting rifles in their trucks in the school parking lot.

But they fetishize guns to the point where they are a big deal. Guns are tools. A rifle and shotgun are great tools for hunting. Ideally, a handgun is a tool for self defense.

The parents bought the kid a handgun and a few magazines and some ammo as a Christmas gift. The kid was 15.

If I was 15 and asked my parents for a handgun they'd probably either be really concerned, or just laugh in my face and say no. Likely the former though.

When I was a kid it was a big long drawn out ordeal for me to get a bb gun. Most of my friends already had one. Nobody ever got shot as far as I know.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:13 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:45 am

When I was a kid it was a big long drawn out ordeal for me to get a bb gun. Most of my friends already had one. Nobody ever got shot as far as I know.

Same here for a BB gun. We all got shotguns at 12, but no one owned a handgun. Guns were for hunting and protecting the sheep from wild dogs. There wasn't any kind of culture around guns.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”