ron deSanctimonious

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: ron deSanctimonious

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:28 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:50 pm
Even Gingrich calls bill insane, but I doubt anyone but the neut knows why.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ers-insane

"A Florida bill that would require bloggers who write about the state’s governor, Ron DeSantis, to register with the state proved a step too far even for the godfather of far-right Republicanism, the former US House speaker Newt Gingrich."

“'The idea that bloggers criticising a politician should register with the government is insane,” Gingrich wrote on Twitter."

"The bill defines “elected state officer” as “the governor, the lieutenant governor, a cabinet officer, or any member of the legislature”. As penalty for failure to comply, it posits fines of up to $2,500."

I'm not sure if anyone has discussed this bill. I tried a week or so ago during my forced hiatus. That article indicated how easy it would be to arrest those of us who routinely laugh at little Ron.
:roll:
... The bill was introduced by Jason Brodeur (R, Sanford). It states: “If a blogger posts to a blog about an elected state officer and receives, or will receive, compensation for that post, the blogger must register” with the appropriate state office....
Florida State Senate District 10
NE Orlando and burbs
80.8% White
College graduation rate 21.8%

Is BRD a blog? Do nonFloridians have to register? I'll be happy to send billy.pilgrim $20 "compensation" if he wants to be a test case.

Register FL Bloggers, NOT FL guns!
I'm not sure that payment is necessary. If so banni is in a lot of trouble. We all know that he pulls in over a hundred thousand annually from this site.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... -desantis/

A blog is defined in the bill as “a website or webpage that hosts any blogger and is frequently updated with opinion, commentary, or business content” and a blog post as “an individual webpage on a blog which contains an article, a story, or a series of stories.”

Could the Boobert name be an Americanization of the Brodeur name?

Clearer heads should prevent my dullard governor from passing this unconstitutional bs, but if if happens, please put me on payroll. $1.00/month should do it. Anyone else interested, I'll pay them $1.00/month.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:51 pm
I'm not sure that payment is necessary.
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:28 pm
... The bill was introduced by Jason Brodeur (R, Sanford). It states: “If a blogger posts to a blog about an elected state officer and receives, or will receive, compensation for that post, the blogger must register” with the appropriate state office....
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:51 pm
If so banni is in a lot of trouble. We all know that he pulls in over a hundred thousand annually from this site.
:D
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... -desantis/

A blog is defined in the bill as “a website or webpage that hosts any blogger and is frequently updated with opinion, commentary, or business content” and a blog post as “an individual webpage on a blog which contains an article, a story, or a series of stories.”

Could the Boobert name be an Americanization of the Brodeur name?

Clearer heads should prevent my dullard governor from passing this unconstitutional bs, but if it happens, please put me on payroll. $1.00/month should do it. Anyone else interested, I'll pay them $1.00/month.
:thumbup: I'm in, both paying and earning.

There's a famous quote that goes something like, "When people aren't free the only free people are in jail," but I'm not close enough for googling to work. Anybody?
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:15 pm

There's a famous quote that goes something like, "When people aren't free the only free people are in jail," but I'm not close enough for googling to work. Anybody?
??
“In an unjust society the only place for a just man is prison.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:38 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:15 pm

??
“In an unjust society the only place for a just man is prison.”

― Henry David Thoreau
Thanks! That's probably it.

In an unjust Florida the only place for just billy.pilgrim (and Vrede too) is prison.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

You guys would be welcome in California. No jail time required.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

viewtopic.php?p=173374#p173374
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:18 pm
DeSantis suspends 4 Broward school board members after Parkland report

This latest radical move by fascist RepuQ DerSantis in a Dem County is a deflection from his own culpability, and blatant politics timed to aid his own campaign. Ammosexuality is the disease, Parkland was just one symptom and DerSantis and his gunhugging fanboys have made it easier for the next school shooter to be heavily armed. Let's see elected officials in the Leg and Governor's office get replaced for THAT corrupt negligence.
This topic:
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:49 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:13 pm
If Trump begins to lose his appeal, I wonder if some of the GOP candidates will start drifting away from the whole MAGA cult to something slightly more sane? One can only hope. Feels like the mid terms are another rebuke of Trump.
We'll see. Dolt .45 still crushed it in the primaries and it's not he's one to ever wave the white flag. Personally, I'm hoping he hangs in long enough to maim fascist DerSantis.
Plus dozens of times since.
First Gen Z Congressman Shreds Ron DeSantis With 1 Damning Word
"There’s a new bill every day but we have to call it for what it is," said Rep. Maxwell Frost (D-Fla.), who recently began his first term in Congress.

Rep. Maxwell Frost (Orlando and burbs) criticized 2024 presidential hopeful and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) for his “fascism” as he tore up bills recently backed by the governor that take aim at Black people and members of the LGBTQ community....

“This is what we’re up against in Florida right now. And it’s hard to keep track of because it seems like there’s a new victim. There’s a new bill every day,” Frost said.

“But we have to call it for what it is. He is abusing his power and using the state to target political opponents and political enemies. And there’s a word for that, and it’s fascism. And we have to be honest about it.” ...

Frost, on Sunday, added that Florida’s “problem” is one the U.S. could face in a few years.

“We need everybody to pay attention and talk about it, how he’s targeting trans folks, targeting not just Black history but Black people in general, which is American history, and targeting marginalized communities across this entire state,” Frost said.

“And here’s the sad, sad part, Jim. He’s doing it because it’s polling high for him in the Republican Party. And I think that says a lot about the state of that party right now.”
:clap: :-|| I won’t stop, either, potentially for 10 more Fascist DerSantis years. :o :problem:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:11 pm
You guys would be welcome in California. No jail time required.
Thanks! Just how big is your RV, anyhow?

Another one:

Presidential Historian Michael Beschloss Torches 'Local Mussolini' Ron DeSantis
The author highlighted the "scariest thing of all" about the potential 2024 GOP presidential candidate.

When I started calling him 'Fascist DerSantis' with every mention my hope was that it would catch on like one of Dolt .45's nicknames. Mission accomplished. :wave:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Fascist DerSantis strikes again:

Is DeSantis darkening Florida's sunny open-records laws?

What is he planning to hide?

Now, he's trying to capture the pro-Putin wing of the GQP:

After Ron Desantis got testy over a reporter’s question about Ukraine, he told Tucker Carlson the war should not be a US priority, moving closer to Trump’s position
I don't think Gov DeSantis is going to hold up well on the national stage. What he lacks in courage he more than makes up for in thin skin.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: what if he does become president

More DeSantis

https://www.news4jax.com/news/2023/03/1 ... iscussion/

"Gov. DeSantis hosts ‘Exposing the DEI scam’ roundtable discussion
News4JAX Staff"
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:36 pm
More DeSantis

News4JAX Staff"
Anti-woke and anti-DEI are code for RW crybaby hetero White males wanting to be overtly bigoted.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:29 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:36 pm
More DeSantis

News4JAX Staff"
Anti-woke and anti-DEI are code for RW crybaby hetero White males wanting to be overtly bigoted.
I like how they carefully say they're anti-woke, or want to stop the wokeness. They never say we want to put you to sleep.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:40 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:29 pm
I like how they carefully say they're anti-woke, or want to stop the wokeness. They never say we want to put you to sleep.
Great minds:
Al Sharpton Floats His New Nickname For Anti-Woke Republicans: ‘Well What’s The Opposite?’

... “What I say to people when they start talking about woke is, well what’s the opposite, sleep? You’d rather be asleep? And I think you change the argument. Do you want to be woke or do you want to be sleep?” Sharpton said....
:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Fascist DerSantis kinda stepped in it this time:

GOP senators push back on DeSantis for saying Ukraine isn't vital interest

Roger Wicker, R-Miss, the ranking member of the Armed Services Committee
Kevin Cramer, R-N.D.
Marco Rubio, R-Fla, the ranking member of the Intelligence Committee
Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
Senate Minority Whip John Thune, R-S.D.
Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala
John Kennedy, R-La
Mike Rounds, R-S.D.

Opps. :---P
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:51 am
Fascist DerSantis kinda stepped in it this time:

GOP senators push back on DeSantis for saying Ukraine isn't vital interest

Roger Wicker, R-Miss, the ranking member of the Armed Services Committee
Kevin Cramer, R-N.D.
Marco Rubio, R-Fla, the ranking member of the Intelligence Committee
Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
Senate Minority Whip John Thune, R-S.D.
Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala
John Kennedy, R-La
Mike Rounds, R-S.D.

Opps. :---P
It's a DuhSantis flip flop and a blatant pander.

He's a "leader". -0-?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:56 am
It's a DuhSantis flip flop and a blatant pander.

He's a "leader". -0-?
Spot on. I saw a different article about how Rep DerSantis advocated US military action in support of Ukraine. Of course, it was 2015, Obama was POTUS and US military action would have been dangerous and stupid.

Comments:
I'm reminded of the 1976 presidential debates when in one of the biggest "wait what?" moments ever, Gerald Ford firmly declared that "There is no Soviet domination in Eastern Europe". It helped Carter win the election.
Some are sincere, but this is also a reason that GQP Senators are taking the unusual step of dissing a leading GQP POTUS prospect:
Despite waning support for Ukraine amongst some conservative groups, I don’t think voicing a desire to scale back that support will work out very well for Republicans in the coming elections. In fact, I think it will pretty much guarantee a second term for Biden.
Clueless DeSantis seems to be ignoring or capitulating to Putin. Is that his foreign policy stance? Freedom isn't without a fight. What DeSantis suggests is ignore our Allies and NATO when they are threatened and let Putin extort the world. What happens when we need them? DeSantis is not Presidential but Authoritarian. He's worse than Trump, if that's possible.
DeSantis: Worse than Trump would be a good bumper sticker.
DeSantis has a different view. If this was 1940 DeSantis would be a member of the America First Committee. For example, when German soldiers entered Paris, France in June 1940 DeSantis would have called it a territorial dispute. He would have advised President Roosevelt that it was not a US concern. Not familiar with the America First Committee? Look it up.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

But, but, but we all know that trump was declared unelectable after each idiotic remark, after each abuse of handicapped, after each intolerance of non-white American citizens, and on and on.
No way he could win the Primary.
No was he could win the General.
We sometimes sat back and laughed at his self-destruction
What an idiot we said.

If ron beats trump in the Primary, he will be the repug candidate, and who do all republicans vote for - only republicans.

Cool bumper sticker idea, great for billboards too.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:10 pm

DeSantis: Worse than Trump and only half as crazy would be a good bumper sticker.
New and improved. :twisted:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Anti-woke is sparking the sleepy voters

https://www.businessinsider.com/desanti ... ech-2023-3

"Florida's decision to punish the Hyatt Regency over a drag show could be a win-win for DeSantis by having a 'chilling effect' on similar events and scoring him political points"

It even awoken the dumbest political/media phrase ever. From now on everything will be a win-win. Hooray Corporate Media.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Rosa is black, who knew

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... ce-report/

A Florida textbook publisher removed all references of race from a lesson about civil rights icon Rosa Parks in order to get a Florida committee’s approval, according to The New York Times.

Parks helped spark the Montgomery Bus Boycott after she refused to give up her seat to a white man on a Montgomery, Ala., bus in 1955.

DeInsanicus approved

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Rosa is , who knew

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:06 pm
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... ce-report/

A Florida textbook publisher removed all references of race from a lesson about civil rights icon Rosa Parks in order to get a Florida committee’s approval, according to The New York Times.

Parks helped spark the Montgomery Bus Boycott after she refused to give up her seat to a white man on a Montgomery, Ala., bus in 1955.

DeInsanicus approved
Ftfy.
1312. ETTD.