ron deSanctimonious

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Rosa is , who knew

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:27 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:06 pm
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... ce-report/

A Florida textbook publisher removed all references of race from a lesson about civil rights icon Rosa Parks in order to get a Florida committee’s approval, according to The New York Times.

Parks helped spark the Montgomery Bus Boycott after she refused to give up her seat to a white man on a Montgomery, Ala., bus in 1955.

DeInsanicus approved
Ftfy.
Thanks
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: ron deSanctimonious

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:00 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:27 pm
Ftfy.
Thanks
:D De nada.

Fascist DerSantis being literally sanctimonious :roll: :
'Despicable' Pandering: Ron DeSantis Roasted For Odd Claim About His Upbringing
Twitter users put the GOP pol on blast for a claim about his past.

... DeSantis wrote in his bestselling but poorly reviewed ( :lol: ) new memoir that he was “geographically raised in Tampa Bay,” referring to his upbringing largely in the Pinellas County community of Dunedin.

But he claimed his “cultural” background was quite different from his “geographical” one.

″[C]ulturally my upbringing reflected the working-class communities in western Pennsylvania and northeast Ohio — from weekly church attendance to the expectation that one would earn his keep,” he wrote. “This made me God-fearing, hard-working and America-loving.”

NBC News notes that DeSantis’ claim stems from his parents’ “geographical” background: His father was raised in Pennsylvania, and his parents met while attending Youngstown State University in Ohio.

But the governor himself never lived in either place. Pennsylvania and Ohio just so happen to be key to any presidential ambitions....

FL House Rep. Anna V. Eskamani 🔨
@AnnaForFlorida

I was geographically raised in Orlando with a cultural perspective that allows me to easily detect BS when I see it.
Preet Bharara
@PreetBharara
Patriotic American & proud immigrant. @Springsteen
fan. Banned by Putin, fired by Trump. Former US Atty, SDNY. Host of "Stay Tuned" http://cafe.com/events

I was geographically raised in Monmouth County, New Jersey, but culturally my upbringing taught me to to be repulsed by fake-ass pols like Ron DeSantis
Ron DeSantis comes out as trans-geographically raised.
this presidential election cycle is going to be hysterical. "I was geographically raised here, but culturally i was raised in the most important swing states in the country."
DRAG-SANTIS: DeSantis will deny that Trans people even exist while simultaneously proclaiming Regional Dysmorphic Disorder. Is he cos-playing as a Pennsylvanian? Is this Ohio Drag?
This is giving us serious George Santos vibes.
That was my immediate thought.
“Geographically raised”? I was born and raised in northeast Ohio, and I’m calling bullshit. What DeSantis is talking about are myths propagated about white working-class communities from which Republicans love to siphon votes, but which they rarely bother to represent adequately.
More hilarious scathing at the link. The TV ads write themselves.
He's basically saying if not for his parents Ohio and Pennsylvania backgrounds he would not have learned a good work ethic in Tampa Bay. Doesn't think much of Florida and Floridians does he, but we already knew that.
Desantis may be geographically born and bred Tampa beef, but culturally he shares a lot with 1941 fascist Italy.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I'm pretty sure you can't be trans-geographical in Florida
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Yeah, he seems to be saying "I was born in Florida, but I don't have Florida values nor share a Florida culture." Take that, you people who voted for the jerk.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:03 pm
Yeah, he seems to be saying "I was born in Florida, but I don't have Florida values nor share a Florida culture." Take that, you people who voted for the jerk.
According to billy.pilgrim a lot of them were NOT born in Florida, and don't have Florida values nor share a Florida culture ;) . Might not hurt him as badly as it would in other states.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Didn't Florida used to have a motto saying "the rules are different here?" Maybe they should go back to that.

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:01 pm
Didn't Florida used to have a motto saying "the rules are different here?" Maybe they should go back to that.
Yeah they did, and a nice tourist ad to go with it. That was long ago in a Florida long gone.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:38 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:03 pm
According to billy.pilgrim a lot of them were NOT born in Florida, and don't have Florida values nor share a Florida culture ;) . Might not hurt him as badly as it would in other states.
I agree with Mr. O Really that it should sink anyone, but Florida is different. Be it the customers at the Floral City Hardware who were told by sign and by owner to leave if they were going to complain about Florida, the barage of letter to the editor about the insanity of 4 way stop signs to the 4th grade teacher at Floral City who got permission to teach New York history instead of Florida history as long as she supplied the books. DeSantis does seen to understand the hatefulness of Florida voters.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:51 am
Fascist DerSantis kinda stepped in it this time:

GOP senators push back on DeSantis for saying Ukraine isn't vital interest

Roger Wicker, R-Miss, the ranking member of the Armed Services Committee
Kevin Cramer, R-N.D.
Marco Rubio, R-Fla, the ranking member of the Intelligence Committee
Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
Senate Minority Whip John Thune, R-S.D.
Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala
John Kennedy, R-La
Mike Rounds, R-S.D.

Opps. :---P
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:10 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:56 am
It's a DuhSantis flip flop and a blatant pander.

He's a "leader". -0-?
Spot on. I saw a different article about how Rep DerSantis advocated US military action in support of Ukraine. Of course, it was 2015, Obama was POTUS and US military action would have been dangerous and stupid....
Flip-flop-flip:

DeSantis backtracks on statement calling Ukraine war ‘territorial dispute’ after backlash

:roll: :lol:

Floridians are already paying for the Fascist DerSantis POTUS campaign. He wants to hide much more of it:
Where is DeSantis traveling on state business? Legislature wants to make it a secret

Citing an increase in public records requests for the governor’s travel schedule, Florida legislators are advancing a bill that would shield from the public any information about how and where Gov. Ron DeSantis and other state officials go.

The bill would impose the first-ever public records exemption for the transportation records held by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the agency that handles the governor’s security.

The exemption would take effect retroactively, prohibiting anyone from scrutinizing how DeSantis has used his state travel in the past and as he prepares for a likely campaign for the Republican nomination for president....

State law allows governors to use state planes for political and personal travel for security reasons but, as DeSantis conducts a national book tour in anticipation of a likely presidential campaign, questions are mounting about whether taxpayer funds have been used to finance his travel and other political operations.

In the past, when state officials have used state assets for political purposes, they have been expected to reimburse taxpayers for those efforts.

During DeSantis’ term, the governor’s staff has refused to disclose many of the details of his political schedule. Media requests to FDLE for information about the schedule, as well as information about whether taxpayers have been reimbursed, have been met with either no answer or months of delay....

Some governors and lawmakers have misused state travel

Florida has a history of scrutinizing its elected officials for using state planes for political and personal purposes.

In 1996, former Gov. Lawton Chiles was caught using Florida’s state planes to attend Bill Clinton-Al Gore fundraisers. In 2003, Florida Senate President Jim King, R-Jacksonville, admitted to using state planes for weekend trips home, despite a state law that prohibited the use of state planes for commuting. In 2010, former Gov. Charlie Crist, then a Republican, admitted to using a state plane to promote a pro-business initiative and then attended a Miami campaign fundraiser.

The public learned about those and other politicians who used taxpayer funds for private and political business because reporters obtained the records....

Barbara Petersen, director of the Florida Center for Government Accountability, a nonprofit public records watchdog, and Bobby Block, director of the First Amendment Foundation, both said the bill as written was unnecessarily broad.

“While there could be some security concerns regarding the governor’s current or future travel, I see no justification for protecting past travel,’’ Petersen said. “Who the governor is meeting with, who is traveling with him, who’s paying for the travel, are all questions critical to the public’s ability to hold the governor accountable.”

“Are the purposes of the trips in the interests of the citizens of the state or could it be the governor is spending money on his political agenda or career that isn’t in Florida?” Block asked. “By exempting this information — that many times would have nothing to do with his physical safety — it excludes the public from ever knowing what it is costing us and what benefits they are getting from these travels.”

Michael Barfield, director of public access for FLCGA, said the legislation “is inconsistent with the governor’s claim that Florida is a state that protects freedoms.”

“Where the governor is traveling and who he is meeting with has been a fundamental right for decades under Florida’s right-to-know laws,’’ Barfield said. “This is another example of the lack of accountability for taxpayer money under the DeSantis administration.” ...
:roll: :puke-left:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:02 pm

The more we learn of him the less he seems ready for prime time. Plus he's got a massive neocon record to defend now that's not going to play in Peoria.

He's still got time to polish his act, if he's capable.

That may very well leave the cons with cheetohead round 3.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:49 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:02 pm

The more we learn of him the less he seems ready for prime time. Plus he's got a massive neocon record to defend now that's not going to play in Peoria.

He's still got time to polish his act, if he's capable.

That may very well leave the cons with cheetohead round 3.
I feel like I heard all of this about trump in 2016.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Kaboom!

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Nice fish slap.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

He's a revengeful child. Winning a ron battle could be tough.

Breaking Made Up News
10: a.m. Friday
State DOT announces that due long construction contract requirements, effective immediately all roads into the Disney area are closed, or are operating under detours and single lane conditions.
Have a happy day.

O Really
Admiral

I think this has been mentioned before, but how's it going to work out to continue to escalate a fight with the #1 tourist attraction in your state - one of the top in the world - that has a $75.5 Billion annual impact on the state, and employs over 77,000 Floridians at mostly decent wages? Maybe it was just the crowd I hung with, but when I lived there my perception was that the Disney haters were pretty much a minority of moon-barkers. Oh sure, lots of people sued Disney over one thing or another, and people complained about traffic and prices, but would most people be supportive of DeSantis' tantrum?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

George has a point.

O Really
Admiral

George has a good point, but I'm not so sure about the long-term effect of Trump-bashing during a primary campaign. Lindsay, Cruz, Haley - all said some pretty crappy things about Trump, but were apparently forgiven by the moon-barkers after bending the knee and kissing the ass.

O Really
Admiral

You know you've gotta be a hard drooling moon-barker when you're too crazy for Hillsdale:

Hillsdale College is further cutting ties with a local charter school as the news of the forced resignation of a principal after complaints on a renaissance art lesson continues to reverberate across the globe.

In a press release, Hillsdale stated Tallahassee Classical School's license to use its curriculum has been revoked and will expire at the end of the school year.

"To set the record straight: This drama around teaching Michelangelo’s 'David' sculpture, one of the most important works of art in existence, has become a distraction from, and a parody of, the actual aims of classical education. Of course, Hillsdale’s K-12 art curriculum includes Michelangelo’s 'David' and other works of art that depict the human form," the press release states.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:17 pm
You know you've gotta be a hard drooling moon-barker when you're too crazy for Hillsdale:

Hah! :thumbup:

Fascist DerSantis has removed a thousand times more from FL curricula. You're up, Hillsdale.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral