ron deSanctimonious

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: ron deSanctimonious

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:32 pm
Can Ron DeSantis Avoid Meeting the Press?

Fascist DerSantis is a coward just like his mentor, the lifelong cowardly "bone spurs" Chickenhawk in Chief.

As legal bills mount, Florida paid about $35,000 for each migrant in Martha's Vineyard flights

So far. Did they get hot towels and complimentary drinks? The Disney fiasco and this kidnapping/human trafficking of migrants are examples of Fascist Dersantis and the RepuQs' "fiscal responsibility". All Floridians must pay for their cheap stunts and bigaughtry.
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:58 am
... Non-incumbent front runners often flop in the primaries. Then, I think Fascist COVIDiot DerSantis has been so extreme and homicidal that he won't win a general.
DeSantis is GOP’s early front-runner. That could be a problem

former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R)
former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean (D)
former Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R)
former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R)

I would add Hillary 2008 and McCain 2000.
And someone said that his stunts wouldn't create appeal outside of Florida.

If Biden runs, he will be stomped at a record level.

"DeSantis received a standing ovation during a speech in Kansas City after mentioning the stunt where he sent two plane-loads of migrants to Martha's Vineyard."

"The Florida governor was roundly applauded on Sunday for sending 50 people up to the island off Massachusetts last week."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eyard.html

Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I don't remember this:
"Furious locals blasted the move and said they were relieved the were not staying because there was not the facilities to look after them"
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:54 pm

:lol: :thumbup:
I don't understand the Why
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:18 am
... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eyard.html

"Furious locals blasted the move and said they were relieved the were not staying because there was not the facilities to look after them"
The locals were "Furious" with Fascist DerSantis, not with the migrants. IIRC the locals were compassionate and generous, but Martha's Vineyard was not suitable. The National Guard assisted with relocating the migrants to mainland facilities where the residents were also compassionate and generous, as well as welcoming and helpful.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
I don't understand the Why
Natural gas contributes to AGW.
Just this week a study was released that links gas stoves to a HUGE increase in childhood asthma risk and other child and adult diseases, far worse than expected AFAIK.
Richard Trumka, Jr, a CPSC board member, raised the possibility of banning gas stoves.
Biden and the CPSC chair denied that the admin is considering such a bold move.
N.Y. Gov. Hochul already had a gas ban "cooking :wave: ".
As usual, RepuQs have launched a full bore freak out over these tentative ideas. It's a stove-grabbing commie conspiracy. The tweet mocks this.

IMO, some folks may not have options, but it's clear that any continued gas use must be made safer for people and the planet.
Sadly, it's also clear that modern RWers are terrified of science, adore their dogma, and detest their children.
I've seen many kids struggling to draw breath, it's heartbreaking.

N.Y. Gov. Hochul proposes ban on new gas hookups, to fight climate change
If the state Legislature passes Hochul's plan, the sale of all fossil fuel-burning home appliances would be phased out by the end of the decade.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:26 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

The locals were "Furious" with Fascist DerSantis, not with the migrants. IIRC the locals were compassionate and generous, but Martha's Vineyard was not suitable. The National Guard assisted with relocating the migrants to mainland facilities where the residents were also compassionate and generous, as well as welcoming and helpful.
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Yep, these days, if a liar waits a few months to push his lies to casually support his main points, these smaller supportive claims seem to carry the weight of a fact and are more easily accepted as fact.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:56 am
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Yep, these days, if a liar waits a few months to push his lies to casually support his main points, these smaller supportive claims seem to carry the weight of a fact and are more easily accepted as fact.
I'm not sure what lies you mean. I read that DailyMail sentence as being fairly accurate and likely derived from their earlier reporting on the flight rather than from something Fascist DerSantis said during his speech.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:47 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:56 am
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

I'm not sure what lies you mean. I read that DailyMail sentence as being fairly accurate and likely derived from their earlier reporting on the flight rather than from something Fascist DerSantis said during his speech.
How can you say, "Furious locals blasted the move and said they were relieved the were not staying because there was not the facilities to look after them", isn't a lie?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:36 pm
How can you say, "Furious locals blasted the move and said they were relieved the were not staying because there was not the facilities to look after them", isn't a lie?
This is how I can say it:
Vrede too wrote:
My perception is that the relief was borne from compassion for the needs of the migrants, and recognition that local resources were not adequate. It's not like anyone, including the migrants, saw moving them to the mainland as being cruel or inappropriate.

What lie are you seeing? Are you aware of large scale immigrant facilities and programs on Martha's Vineyard that I don't know about? It's not like any of the migrants needed $200 perms or to have their Rolls' detailed.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:55 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:36 pm
This is how I can say it:
Vrede too wrote:
My perception is that the relief was borne from compassion for the needs of the migrants, and recognition that local resources were not adequate. It's not like anyone, including the migrants, saw moving them to the mainland as being cruel or inappropriate.

What lie are you seeing? Are you aware of large scale immigrant facilities and programs on Martha's Vineyard that I don't know about? It's not like any of the migrants needed $200 perms or to have their Rolls' detailed.
The guy who said that the locals were furious at being burdened by the immigrants has misconstrued what actually happened in order to make a point against immigration is what I saw as a lie. The MV people helped the immigrants the best they could until the immigrants were moved to where there were facilities.

Edit: the whole article was pro DeSantis

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:02 pm
The guy who said that the locals were furious
What "guy"? "furious" is ONLY used in the sentence you've quoted, no "guy" mentioned.
at being burdened by the immigrants
There's no mention of "burdened" in the article. The Martha's Vineyard residents were furious at Fascist DerSantis' exploitation and cruelty, as am I and much of the decent half+ of the nation.
has misconstrued what actually happened
All the misconstruing is yours.
They WERE furious with Fascist DerSantis.
They don't have appropriate facilities.
They were relieved that the migrants quickly got to where the NEEDED to be.
in order to make a point against immigration is what I saw as a lie.
That's not what the article does. You CHOSE to be outraged and just can't shake it. Of course, they are reporting on Fascist DerSantis' bigoted whining about immigration, but that's just accurate reporting.
The MV people helped the immigrants the best they could until the immigrants were moved to where there were facilities.
That's my exact point and the sentence you're griping about does NOT say any different. Honest.
Could be. I don't have enough interest in Fascist DerSantis or his Kansas fanboys to read more than the Martha's Vineyard section.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:31 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:02 pm
The guy who said that the locals were furious
What "guy"? "furious" is ONLY used in the sentence you've quoted, no "guy" mentioned.
at being burdened by the immigrants
There's no mention of "burdened" in the article. The Martha's Vineyard residents were furious at Fascist DerSantis' exploitation and cruelty, as am I and much of the decent half+ of the nation.
has misconstrued what actually happened
All the misconstruing is yours.
They WERE furious with Fascist DerSantis.
They don't have appropriate facilities.
They were relieved that the migrants quickly got to where the NEEDED to be.
in order to make a point against immigration is what I saw as a lie.
That's not what the article does. You CHOSE to be outraged and just can't shake it. Of course, they are reporting on Fascist DerSantis' bigoted whining about immigration, but that's just accurate reporting.
The MV people helped the immigrants the best they could until the immigrants were moved to where there were facilities.
That's my exact point and the sentence you're griping about does NOT say any different. Honest.
Could be. I don't have enough interest in Fascist DerSantis or his Kansas fanboys to read more than the Martha's Vineyard section.
The rightwing guy, or girl (Alex) who wrote the yeah DeSantis
article.

Did you read the whole article?
Did you notice how liberals were described as hypocritical and DeSantis the truth teller?
Yes, I stick by my view of his comment as a lie. You and I are in complete agreement as to what happened. Reporter Alex has a completely different take.

I'm still confused that you don't understand my first post, or my further explanations.

Here's more from Alex

"As the crowd rose to their feet to applaud the Republican governor it became clear the move did far more than force border security front and center, but that it also secured DeSantis' position as a potential candidate to rival Donald Trump for the 2024 GOP presidential ticket.

DeSantis received the ovation while speaking at rally for Wisconsin gubernatorial nominee Tim Michels in Olathe, Kansas"

"The crowd took to their feet as DeSantis talked about how the sending of just 50 migrants to the wealthy island enclave of Martha's Vineyard demonstrated the hypocrisy of liberals and sanctuary city rhetoric.

'You're talking about 50 people. Did they get them employed? Did they get them set up? No,' he said. 'They called out the National Guard and they deported those people off the island the very next day.'

He talked about how the migrants were 'given basically a lottery ticket to get to the wealthiest sanctuary jurisdiction in the country,' while talking about how the summer island had ample job listings and hotels to house the migrants in."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:58 pm
article.

No.
Did you notice how liberals were described as hypocritical and DeSantis the truth teller?
I accept your opinion of the article in general.
Yes, I stick by my view of his comment as a lie.
I still don't see it. Which element/s are lies?
Were they not furious about the drop off?
Were island resources not skimpy?
Were they not relieved that the NG took the migrants to a more suitable locale?
Were the migrants not relieved to go someplace better?

You and I are in complete agreement as to what happened. Reporter Alex has a completely different take.
Not in that sentence.
I'm still confused that you don't understand my first post, or my further explanations.
Here's more from Alex

"As the crowd rose to their feet to applaud the Republican governor it became clear the move did far more than force border security front and center, but that it also secured DeSantis' position as a potential candidate to rival Donald Trump for the 2024 GOP presidential ticket.
RepuQs do like their bigoted stunts. Sounds true to me.

DeSantis received the ovation while speaking at rally for Wisconsin gubernatorial nominee Tim Michels in Olathe, Kansas"
I assume that's true.

"The crowd took to their feet as DeSantis talked about how the sending of just 50 migrants to the wealthy island enclave of Martha's Vineyard demonstrated the hypocrisy of liberals and sanctuary city rhetoric.
That's probably what Fascist DerSantis said and probably how the bigoted RepuQs responded.

'You're talking about 50 people. Did they get them employed? Did they get them set up? No,' he said. 'They called out the National Guard and they deported those people off the island the very next day.'
Can't argue with direct quotes being reported.

He talked about how the migrants were 'given basically a lottery ticket to get to the wealthiest sanctuary jurisdiction in the country,' while talking about how the summer island had ample job listings and hotels to house the migrants in."
That's probably what Fascist DerSantis said.
Seems to me that you're calling accurate reporting about MV, Fascist DerSantis and RepuQ bigots biased. Do you expect Alex to editorialize?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:45 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:58 pm
article.

No.
I accept your opinion of the article in general.
Yes, I stick by my view of his comment as a lie.
I still don't see it. Which element/s are lies?
Were they not furious about the drop off?
Were island resources not skimpy?
Were they not relieved that the NG took the migrants to a more suitable locale?
Were the migrants not relieved to go someplace better?

You and I are in complete agreement as to what happened. Reporter Alex has a completely different take.
Not in that sentence.
Here's more from Alex

RepuQs do like their bigoted stunts. Sounds true to me.

I assume that's true.

That's probably what Fascist DerSantis said and probably how the bigoted RepuQs responded.

Can't argue with direct quotes being reported.

That's probably what Fascist DerSantis said.
Seems to me that you're calling accurate reporting about MV, Fascist DerSantis and RepuQ bigots biased. Do you expect Alex to editorialize?
I see editorializing as exactly what he's doing. He's using half facts to promote rightwing bs.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:52 am
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:45 pm
I see editorializing as exactly what he's doing. He's using half facts to promote rightwing bs.
Well, the Daily Mail is a RW tabloid, so I would expect it to report on Fascist DerSantis uncritically. I just don't see the lies that you do. I'm certain that there were no 'whole facts' at the Kansas rally for Alex to report on.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... a-schools/

did he say that studying about black people "significantly lacks educational value.”, or maybe that's what he meant.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:00 pm
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... a-schools/

did he say that studying about black people "significantly lacks educational value.”, or maybe that's what he meant.
... In a letter to Brian Barnes, senior director of the College Board Florida Partnership, the Florida Department of Education said “the content of this course is inexplicably contrary to Florida law and significantly lacks educational value.”

“In the future, should College Board be willing to come back to the table with lawful, historically accurate content, FDOE will always be willing to reopen the discussion.”

The letter, signed by the department’s Office of Articulation, did not name which law the course violated or what part of the curriculum it was objecting to....
That's a big red flag that Fascist DerSantis is just winging it.
... The College Board introduced the AP African American Studies course as a pilot program in 60 schools across the country last year. According to the College Board’s website, it has worked for more than a decade with colleges, universities and secondary schools to develop the course.

“Drawing from the expertise and experience of college faculty and teachers across the country, the course is designed to offer high school students an evidence-based introduction to African American studies,” the course description reads.

“The interdisciplinary course reaches into a variety of fields—literature, the arts and humanities, political science, geography, and science—to explore the vital contributions and experiences of African Americans.”  ...
All of these pros put all of that time and effort into conspiring against Whitey, right? Right?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I came across this opinion piece about the fascist FL governor and I thought it pretty much defines this dipshit. I might even post this on the LNF forum just to piss off the cultists.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cerabino-wok ... 01215.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:40 am
I came across this opinion piece about the fascist FL governor and I thought it pretty much defines this dipshit. I might even post this on the LNF forum just to piss off the cultists.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cerabino-wok ... 01215.html
:D Thanks. In case you can use it, here's my DerSantis' fascism list (with a little help from your op-ed):

Killed tens of thousands of excess Floridians due to rotten pandemic management;
Imposed Big Brother on schools, local govt and businesses' pandemic choices;
Ongoing COVIDiocy;
Shoves Big Brother's filthy hand into the wombs of millions of women;
Imposes Big Brother on school curriculum and reading materials choices;
Implements racist voter suppression;
Kidnaps immigrants from Texas that had fled Venezuelan communism and human trafficks them to other states;
Cowering from the press;
Civil rights leader for us beleaguered straight, White males;
Fanboy of wannabe dictator Former PINO, his creator;
And so on.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Perhaps written with a bit of extra drama, but it's sadly a true list. And Florida voters renewed him with 60% of the vote.

Edit: If one re-phrases all those atrocities slightly, it's possible to see how a lot of "Florida Men" might say "yay"

F'rinstance,

Killed tens of thousands of excess Floridians due to rotten pandemic management;
Kept our schools and businesses operating and let citizens make their own decisions.

Keeps many little babies from being murdered.

Cleaned up schools from Socialist indoctrination.

NTTAWWT

Kidnaps immigrants that fled communism from Texas and human traffics them to other states;
Keeps third-world people from invading our cities.

And so on.
Last edited by O Really on Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:16 pm
... And Florida voters renewed him with 60% of the vote.
Is that an addition to the list proving DerSantis' fascism? ;)

Edit following your edit: :lol: :angry-banghead:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:16 pm
Perhaps written with a bit of extra drama, but it's sadly a true list. And Florida voters renewed him with 60% of the vote.

Edit: If one re-phrases all those atrocities slightly, it's possible to see how a lot of "Florida Men" might say "yay"

F'rinstance,

Kept our schools and businesses operating and let citizens make their own decisions.

Keeps many little babies from being murdered.

Cleaned up schools from Socialist indoctrination.

NTTAWWT

Kidnaps immigrants that fled communism from Texas and human traffics them to other states;
Keeps third-world people from invading our cities.

And so on.
A sobering but sad testament to the general ignorance of the avereage (much less the less than average or the marginal) American citizen.