ron deSanctimonious

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: ron deSanctimonious

Unread post by O Really »

Biden's approval rating is lower than LBJ's when he bailed, and about the same as Carter when he got trashed 489-49. True, Carter was running against charming-but-dangerous "morning in America" Reagan, not Trump, whose negatives are even higher than Biden, but still. If Biden runs and sometime during the primary the Repugs wise up and nominate somebody like Larry Hogan or just pick a more polished goon like Youngkin, Dems are doomed. All you have to do to be seen as "moderate" as a Republican is not to come across as an asshole. If they put up such a person against a 80-something President with approval in the 30's or even 40's we're all doomed.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Good on Disney.

Wait until he's half way around the world and can't respond.

Disney Lawyers Are Done Playing, Sue Florida Gov. DeSantis
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:17 am
Biden's approval rating is lower than LBJ's when he bailed, and about the same as Carter when he got trashed 489-49. True, Carter was running against charming-but-dangerous "morning in America" Reagan, not Trump, whose negatives are even higher than Biden, but still. If Biden runs and sometime during the primary the Repugs wise up and nominate somebody like Larry Hogan or just pick a more polished goon like Youngkin, Dems are doomed. All you have to do to be seen as "moderate" as a Republican is not to come across as an asshole. If they put up such a person against a 80-something President with approval in the 30's or even 40's we're all doomed.
They're not that smart.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:18 pm
O Really wrote:
... All you have to do to be seen as "moderate" as a Republican is not to come across as an asshole. If they put up such a person against a 80-something President with approval in the 30's or even 40's we're all doomed.
They're not that smart.
:D Dolt .45 will turn 77 in 2024 and both he and Fascist DerSantis are assholes.

Fascist DerSantis, Gitmo torture witness and abettor?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-los ... 32256.html
Figures. Whether Fascist DerSantis is a Gitmo torture witness and abettor may not be fully proven yet, but it fits perfectly with his hateful persona.

In the future reporters are now sure to ask him about it because his extreme defensiveness will increase their ratings, readership and views. Honestly, what did he expect to be asked at the Museum of Tolerance in West Jerusalem? He's just not very smart.
Ron Deshitpants has not learned that his two-step only works in FL. He has to account for his actions. If he did not observe this treatment, then he would have said so.
:D I have no idea how "Deshitpants" got by the Yahoo auto-censor.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:40 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:18 pm
O Really wrote:
... All you have to do to be seen as "moderate" as a Republican is not to come across as an asshole. If they put up such a person against a 80-something President with approval in the 30's or even 40's we're all doomed.
They're not that smart.
:D Dolt .45 will turn 77 in 2024 and both he and Fascist DerSantis are assholes.

Fascist DerSantis, Gitmo torture witness and abettor?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-los ... 32256.html
Figures. Whether Fascist DerSantis is a Gitmo torture witness and abettor may not be fully proven yet, but it fits perfectly with his hateful persona.

In the future reporters are now sure to ask him about it because his extreme defensiveness will increase their ratings, readership and views. Honestly, what did he expect to be asked at the Museum of Tolerance in West Jerusalem? He's just not very smart.

Ron Deshitpants has not learned that his two-step only works in FL. He has to account for his actions. If he did not observe this treatment, then he would have said so.
:D I have no idea how "Deshitpants" got by the Yahoo auto-censor.
Yep, that my guv; although you've picked a subject that rarely makes much news
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:03 pm
Yep, that my guv; although you've picked a subject that rarely makes much news
Sadly true, as it has been since Obama's inauguration. It's just fun because Fascist DerSantis blew a gasket and marred his pandering to Jews.

I wish the article IDed the reporter. An Israeli seems most likely, but he might have an entourage of US campaign reporters, or US stringers in Israel might have attended.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Not ready for Prime Time.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:07 pm

In prefect trump style, Hagerman almost repeats a low key version of her rolling in the aisles laughter at someone who suggested on May 13,16 that trump might have a chance.
I guess she doesn't learn from her mistakes.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/ ... story.html
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:58 am
GoCubsGo wrote:

In prefect trump style, Hagerman almost repeats a low key version of her rolling in the aisles laughter at someone who suggested on May 13,16 that trump might have a chance.

FWIW, that wasn't her opinion. That was a quote from the article from politico and the article was not flattering.

Can trump win a general election? Sure, it's possible.

Will he win? Very doubtful. The country knows exactly who he is now compared to 2016.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:44 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

FWIW, that wasn't her opinion. That was a quote from the article from politico and the article was not flattering.

Can trump win a general election? Sure, it's possible.

Will he win? Very doubtful. The country knows exactly who he is now compared to 2016.
No problems with the article the first time, but it won't open for me now, not even with the hacks like 12ft ladder.

Can you post the whole article?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 12:57 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

In prefect trump style, Haberman almost repeats a low key version of her rolling in the aisles laughter at someone who suggested on May 13,16 that trump might have a chance.

No problems with the article the first time, but it won't open for me now, not even with the hacks like 12ft ladder.

Can you post the whole article?
I, too, was stymied by the Chicago Tribune paywall. However, I can open it by removing my chicagotribune cookies. Usually, I can find a non-paywall version of an article. Here you go:

Don't Kid Yourself: Of Course Trump Can Win
By Heather Wilhelm
May 12, 2016

Here's the article that Maggie Haberman tweets a quote from:

Ron DeTedious: DeSantis underwhelms Britain’s business chiefs
UK captains of industry lambast ‘low-wattage’ US presidential hopeful.

By Stefan Boscia
April 29, 2023

It's exhausting that we've been talking about Dolt .45 for 8 years now.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I referenced her from her may 13, 2016 article where I understood, or misunderstood, her to say almost the exact same about trump that she's now saying about ron at almost the exact same time before the election.

I would love to read the article again. Hell, I might even go wake up the computer

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:03 pm

It's exhausting that we've been talking about Dolt .45.
FTFY

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:51 pm
I referenced her from her may 13, 2016 article where I understood, or misunderstood, her to say almost the exact same about trump that she's now saying about ron at almost the exact same time before the election.

I would love to read the article again. Hell, I might even go wake up the computer
The May 13, 2016 Heather Wilhelm Chicago Tribune article that discusses Maggie Haberman laughing is the same article that RealClearPolitics published on May 12, 2016. I wouldn't know the headline for a Maggie Haberman laughing article to search for. This is about a panel:
Last July, Minnesota Congressman Keith Ellison threw an entire ABC News roundtable for a loop with just one line: “People terrified of the possibility of President Trump better vote, better get active, better get involved,” he said. “Because this man has got some momentum, and we’d better be ready for the fact that he might be leading the Republican ticket.”

The laughter erupted before he could even finish his sentence. George Stephanopoulos, the show’s host and a former Clinton administration official, let out a snort, chortling like a bemused yet slightly exhausted preschool dad. Maggie Haberman, a reporter for the New York Times, could barely keep it together.

“I’m sorry for laughing,” Haberman declared, struggling to crawl out from her pile of giggles....
I also don't know about Haberman's current pronouncements. The tweet that GoCubsGo posted is Haberman quoting Stefan Boscia in POLITICO.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:21 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:51 pm

The May 13, 2016 Heather Wilhelm Chicago Tribune article that discusses Maggie Haberman laughing is the same article that RealClearPolitics published on May 12, 2016. I wouldn't know the headline for a Maggie Haberman laughing article to search for. This is about a panel:
Last July, Minnesota Congressman Keith Ellison threw an entire ABC News roundtable for a loop with just one line: “People terrified of the possibility of President Trump better vote, better get active, better get involved,” he said. “Because this man has got some momentum, and we’d better be ready for the fact that he might be leading the Republican ticket.”

The laughter erupted before he could even finish his sentence. George Stephanopoulos, the show’s host and a former Clinton administration official, let out a snort, chortling like a bemused yet slightly exhausted preschool dad. Maggie Haberman, a reporter for the New York Times, could barely keep it together.

“I’m sorry for laughing,” Haberman declared, struggling to crawl out from her pile of giggles....
I also don't know about Haberman's current pronouncements. The tweet that GoCubsGo posted is Haberman quoting Stefan Boscia in POLITICO.
Weird - it finally opened for me and I copied the exact same.
It wasn't her article, but a reference to her not being able to contain herself at the prospect of a trump win.

Isn't that what she's doing with the thought of a DeSantis win?

I'm saying that she, and everyone else, needs to pay serious attention to what we were saying in 2016. Especially respected journalists and especially those who would wave off someone who looks not ready for Big Time.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:13 am
It wasn't her article, but a reference to her not being able to contain herself at the prospect of a trump win.

I'm saying that she, and everyone else, needs to pay serious attention to what we were saying in 2016. Especially respected journalists and especially those who would wave off someone who looks not ready for Big Time.
Idk what Maggie Haberman is saying about Fascist DerSantis' prospects. All we have to go on is her tweet with a quote of a Brit from the Stefan Boscia article that Haberman also links. The quote trashes DerSantis, something we do all the time at BRD, but the Boscia article includes some balance and doesn't really opine as to whether DerSantis can or will win. I doubt any of the British subjects of the article hold American voters in very high esteem. Maybe look up some of Haberman's NYT and CNN work to see what she thinks of the race so far?

Haberman doesn't comment further that I can see in this Twitter thread of hers, but responding tweeters are not so circumspect. Some thinks she's shilling for Dolt .45, others:
He’s a back bencher who became a governor. He continues to hold a job through intimidation tactics… colleagues don’t like him. there is no national office in his future ever
He is not ready for prime time
The second coming of Bobby Jindal/Rick Perry/Jeb Bush.

All guys I was very worried about until the spotlight destroyed them.
He’s a truly unattractive personality. Arrogant, sharp, with a miserly quality. No one likes him and he will never be the GOP nominee or POTUS.
🇺🇸🇯🇵The Opinionated Nurse💉❤️‍🩹👩🏻‍⚕️ @CrystalTheMaker
(... TX grown, FL home)

I keep telling people that IRL he’s boring with the complaining, easily offended, and has the kind of nasal voice and speaking cadence that elicits a visceral disgust reaction for anyone with auditory sensitivities.
:---P
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 11:47 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:13 am

Idk what Maggie Haberman is saying about Fascist DerSantis' prospects. All we have to go on is her tweet with a quote of a Brit from the Stefan Boscia article that Haberman also links. The quote trashes DerSantis, something we do all the time at BRD, but the Boscia article includes some balance and doesn't really opine as to whether DerSantis can or will win. I doubt any of the British subjects of the article hold American voters in very high esteem. Maybe look up some of Haberman's NYT and CNN work to see what she thinks of the race so far?

Haberman doesn't comment further that I can see in this Twitter thread of hers, but responding tweeters are not so circumspect. Some thinks she's shilling for Dolt .45, others:
He’s a back bencher who became a governor. He continues to hold a job through intimidation tactics… colleagues don’t like him. there is no national office in his future ever
He is not ready for prime time
The second coming of Bobby Jindal/Rick Perry/Jeb Bush.

All guys I was very worried about until the spotlight destroyed them.
He’s a truly unattractive personality. Arrogant, sharp, with a miserly quality. No one likes him and he will never be the GOP nominee or POTUS.
🇺🇸🇯🇵The Opinionated Nurse💉❤️‍🩹👩🏻‍⚕️ @CrystalTheMaker
(... TX grown, FL home)

I keep telling people that IRL he’s boring with the complaining, easily offended, and has the kind of nasal voice and speaking cadence that elicits a visceral disgust reaction for anyone with auditory sensitivities.
:---P

I just don't see, "It felt really a bit like we were watching a state-level politician." as being much different than h
the 2016 reference to her not being able to contain herself at the prospect of a trump win.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:06 pm
I just don't see, "It felt really a bit like we were watching a state-level politician." as being much different than the 2016 reference to her not being able to contain herself at the prospect of a trump win.
I do. If you were to say something awful about Fascist DerSantis AND then say that you think he could win, I would not find it to be a contradiction at all.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

The fact that DeSantis is an awful person, a not-ready-for-prime-time player, and a general asshole doesn't mean he couldn't win. (See ref 2016)
For at least the last two elections, and even more on state levels, results have been determined largely by who voted against you rather than who voted for you. A lot of people who may not have particularly cared for Trump really hated Hillary. A lot of people who may not have cared for Biden really hated Trump. If Biden had better approval numbers and if he were a little younger, he'd probably be a lock against any RepuQ moon-barker. And if frogs had wings, they wouldn't slam their ass everytime they jump.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Either I'm misunderstanding y'all and Haberman, or very confused.
This has been my point exactly - Don't laugh. Laughing gives them the spotlight and feeds their supporters.

Just as her uncontrollable reaction to the prospect of a trump presidency gave him a little more spotlight, so is her calling DeSantis not ready for the big time.