ron deSanctimonious

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: ron deSanctimonious

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:37 pm
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/0 ... s-00144561

“top GOP senators in the GOP-led Legislature are defending him based on his credentials”, saying “they approve of the work he’s done.”
“As far as I can tell, he’s been doing a great job, and we can’t undo confirmations, so we’re not going to go there,” said Republican Senate President Kathleen Passidomo Wednesday.
Can't appointees like Labradoodle be impeached? Maybe they can only be removed by the Executive -0-?
... The Florida Department of Health, in defending Ladapo and the agency, on Wednesday provided more details into how it handled the outbreak after the surgeon general’s guidance alarmed parents, school officials and local leaders who worried Ladapo was not doing enough to stop the spread.

The department stated it recommends to the elementary school facing infections that people who are not vaccinated or have had measles previously should stay home for up to 21 days. That guidance is generally in line with established medical advice.

“This recommendation has been made at Manatee Bay Elementary,” the DOH statement said. It did not elaborate on why Ladapo initially gave different advice....
:lol: Ignoring appointee stupidity also works.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

These idiots didn't have any trouble trashing renowned expert Fauci and ignoring his "stupid" advice, did they? Why would anybody listen to Lapado at all once he starts spouting mumbo-jumbo? IF some of the parents were my age they might remember actually having measles and that memory might fuzz out how miserable they were and the memory might be "hey it's no big thing - I and everybody I knew got measles." They'd be wrong, but you could understand it. But it's highly unlikely that many geezers my age actually have kids in elementary school. So almost all of the parents would have spent their entire lives knowing that kids' diseases used to be "bad" and that they've mostly been eliminated because 95% of everybody got the vaccines. But this fool gets up and says 'oh, just don't worry about the most contagious disease in all humanity - just let 'em go to school if you want to" and the cultists swoon at the wisdom. Idiots.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: ron deSanctimonious stands against slippery slopes

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://www.foodandwine.com/florida-lab ... 0SB%201084.

DeSantis said, “You need meat, OK. And we're going to have meat in Florida. We're not going to have fake meat. Like that doesn't work."

Florida state Rep. Tyler Sirois, (a republican) stated - we gots cows what that’s need protection and besides all this talk about fake meat is “affront to nature and creation.”

“I think it raises important ethical concerns about the limitations and boundaries we should place on this type of science,” Sirois added. “I think you could see a very slippery slope here leading to things like cloning, which are very troubling to me.” very troubling indeed. It’s far far better to use huge amounts of our resources by leaving the cows in charge of making our meats.

“Florida, however, isn't alone in its pursuit to block the production and sale of this type of meat.
Others include Tennessee, Texas and Alabama. Alabama and the proposed Florida legislation make selling and manufacture of this “fake” meat a Class C felony with a 10 year prison sentence.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:37 pm
https://www.foodandwine.com/florida-lab ... on-8609560

DeSantis said, “You need meat, OK. And we're going to have meat in Florida. We're not going to have fake meat. Like that doesn't work."

Florida state Rep. Tyler Sirois, (a republican) stated - we gots cows what that’s need protection and besides all this talk about fake meat is “affront to nature and creation.”

“I think it raises important ethical concerns about the limitations and boundaries we should place on this type of science,” Sirois added. “I think you could see a very slippery slope here leading to things like cloning, which are very troubling to me.” very troubling indeed. It’s far far better to use huge amounts of our resources by leaving the cows in charge of making our meats.

“Florida, however, isn't alone in its pursuit to block the production and sale of this type of meat.
Others include Tennessee, Texas and Alabama. Alabama and the proposed Florida legislation make selling and manufacture of this “fake” meat a Class C felony with a 10 year prison sentence.
That's so stupid! Leaving aside their hatred for the Earth and human health, fake meat can and does go by any name and the 1A protects that absolutely.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:50 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

That's so stupid! Leaving aside their hatred for the Earth and human health, fake meat can and does go by any name and the 1A protects that absolutely.
republicans are so ethical
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:50 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

More

https://www.wired.com/story/cultivated- ... orida-ban/

republican Florida “House, Representative Dean Black, a cattle rancher, was vociferous in his opposition to cultivated meat. “Me and my Earthling friends will eat real meat here on Earth, and let us reserve this fantastical meat to outer space,” he said in a speech that was greeted with whoops and cheers from legislators.”

Of course “The bill—which included a much wider set of reforms, including to electric vehicle charging—passed the House with 86 votes in favor and 27 against.”
(The Florida House has 84 republicans)

republican “Representative Daniel Alvarez compared the cells found in cultured meat to cancer.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

What a wimp!

Ron DeSantis Receives Stark Reminder After 'VERY Disappointing' Trump Move
Critics ripped the Florida governor over reports of how he'll now help the former president.

Why is every Republican emasculated when it comes to Trump?
Cryptid Politics (pro-DeSantis) 🇺🇸🐊

Trump also:

- refused to use DeSantis’s real name
- refused to debate DeSantis
- lied about his FL record
- lied about DeSantis’s agenda
- lied about the state of Florida
- refused to share helpful Hurricane info or support DeSantis during Hurricane
- trashed good conservatives who supported DeSantis
- associates himself with people who launched disgusting attacks on pro-DeSantis women
etc, etc.
humiliation must be DeSantis's kink or something

that's the only reason on God's green earth for DeSantis's unwavering support of Trump and now FUNDRAISING for him ffs 😳🙄🙄
DeSantis doing this will not make me like Trump; it will make me like DeSantis less.
:puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left: More at the link.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Check your balls at the door with Lindsey and Ted.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:05 pm
Check your balls at the door with Lindsey and Ted.
:thumbup: Exactly.

:D :---P
1312. ETTD.