ron deSanctimonious

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

ron deSanctimonious

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I know there are 2 other threads, but there barely compare to the grade school dictates of the trumpkin hisownself. Besides, there's plenty of desantis to go around.
Big question: how did he get Moses to narrate?

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Re: ron deSanctimonious

Unread post by O Really »

I weep for what my home state for much of my life has become.
Or not. they deserve what they've voted (or not voted) for.
"they paved Paradise, and put up a parking lot"

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Amazingly the bible people loved his blasphemous ad even more than they loved trump's inability to hold a bible or reference particular passages.
I reckon this proves that trump is done.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

So as a Congress critter, DeSantis wasn't all that much of a crazy. Even at first when elected Gov, I, and I think billy.p said some grudgingly nice things about him. Then over the edge he went, moon-barking and drooling all the way. But it brings up the question, if he were elected President (shudder), would he go back to some semblance of sanity or keep on being a trumplet? Traditionally, wise and winning politicians have tracked more to the center once in national office - pissing off their "base" somewhat but not enough to lose their support, and broadening their appeal overall. But times are different and we've got conditions and behaviour now that have never existed before. Hoono. Hopefully we won't ever find out.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

If Trump begins to lose his appeal, I wonder if some of the GOP candidates will start drifting away from the whole MAGA cult to something slightly more sane? One can only hope. Feels like the mid terms are another rebuke of Trump.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:05 am
I know there are 2 other threads, but there barely compare to the grade school dictates of the trumpkin hisownself. Besides, there's plenty of desantis to go around.
Big question: how did he get Moses to narrate?

Close, Paul Harvey imitation.
Holy Hell: On 8th Day 'God Made' Ron DeSantis, Says New Campaign Ad
DeSantis suggested in a shocking campaign ad that he was among God's most important creations.

Good analysis:
Ron DeSantis' bonkers new ad has to be seen to be believed
On the eighth day, his campaign tells us, God sent Ron DeSantis to save America.

viewtopic.php?p=176050#p176050
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:32 am
So as a Congress critter, DeSantis wasn't all that much of a crazy. Even at first when elected Gov, I, and I think billy.p said some grudgingly nice things about him. Then over the edge he went, moon-barking and drooling all the way. But it brings up the question, if he were elected President (shudder), would he go back to some semblance of sanity or keep on being a trumplet? Traditionally, wise and winning politicians have tracked more to the center once in national office - pissing off their "base" somewhat but not enough to lose their support, and broadening their appeal overall. But times are different and we've got conditions and behaviour now that have never existed before. Hoono. Hopefully we won't ever find out.
He had never imagined the power, now he's all in for more and more.
This does not end well.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:13 pm
If Trump begins to lose his appeal, I wonder if some of the GOP candidates will start drifting away from the whole MAGA cult to something slightly more sane? One can only hope. Feels like the mid terms are another rebuke of Trump.
We'll see. Dolt .45 still crushed it in the primaries and it's not he's one to ever wave the white flag. Personally, I'm hoping he hangs in long enough to maim fascist DerSantis.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Trump is likely seething with rage that Desantis is becoming increasingly more popular with Republicans, while his own popularity is starting to wane after the mid terms.

Sit back and watch narcissistic injury manifest itself in real time.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:15 am
Trump is likely seething with rage that Desantis is becoming increasingly more popular with Republicans, while his own popularity is starting to wane after the mid terms.

Lotsa people and pundits turning the page on cheetohead today after the election debacle and his upcoming legal troubles.

He's not going to go away quietly.

Get the popcorn.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:53 am
Whack9 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:15 am

Lotsa people and pundits turning the page on cheetohead today after the election debacle and his upcoming legal troubles.

He's not going to go away quietly.

Get the popcorn.
Cue (Q? heh) the identity crisis about to unfold with the hardcore MAGA crowd.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:11 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:32 am
He had never imagined the power, now he's all in for more and more.
This does not end well.
Fascist DerSantis stymied again:
Here’s Why a Court Struck Down Florida’s Dystopian ‘Stop WOKE Act’
CENSORSHIP IS NOT FREEDOM
Four takeaways from the court order that blocks the Orwellian law from restricting speech in schools.

On Thursday, a federal court blasted Florida’s “Stop W.O.K.E. Act” as “positively dystopian,” preventing enforcement of key provisions of the law in university classrooms. The law presented a blacklist of eight concepts on race and sex and declared that endorsing any of them—just once, as the court points out—should expose a professor to termination and jeopardize tens of millions of dollars in annual funding for their institutions.

The blistering opinion rightly invokes George Orwell at length, and—clocking in at 139 pages—is longer than Animal Farm. Our organization, the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression (FIRE), challenged the law, as did others, including the ACLU and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund.

Here’s what you need to know about this anti-free speech law and why a judge put a stop to it.

1. The First Amendment protects faculty classroom speech. ...

2. Discrimination laws are primarily about conduct, not speech. ...

3. The state can’t censor viewpoints in college classrooms. ...

4. You can’t censor your way to free speech.

In response to a court ruling describing the law as Orwellian, Florida pledged an appeal and claimed that the Stop W.O.K.E. Act “protects the open exchange of ideas by prohibiting teachers…from forcing discriminatory concepts on students as part of classroom instruction.”

If “censorship is freedom!” sounds Orwellian, you’re not wrong.
Here's Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida Mark E. Walker's full ruling:
https://www.thefire.org/research-learn/ ... injunction

:---P FU, DerSantis and the FL GQP.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Just watched a talking head talking about Desantis. Basically he was saying that if Desantis beat trump in the primaries there's a really good chance trump wouldn't endorse Desantis in the general. In fact, he could flame him out of trumpian spite.

Interesting.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:11 am
Just watched a talking head talking about Desantis. Basically he was saying that if Desantis beat trump in the primaries there's a really good chance trump wouldn't endorse Desantis in the general. In fact, he could flame him out of trumpian spite.

Interesting.
Or, run as a 3rd party, an independent or write-in.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:34 am
GoCubsGo wrote:

Interesting.
trump may be more powerful than republican voter suppression.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:59 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:34 am
GoCubsGo wrote:

Interesting.
trump may be more powerful than republican voter suppression.
Sure would be entertaining to see him lose the nomination then cry how it was stolen from him by Republicans.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

His black people election police are still batting 0.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 63647.html

"Patterson was not allowed to vote under state law, but state elections officials — who report to DeSantis — cleared him to receive a voter ID card and didn’t stop him from voting in the 2020 election."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I didn't have time to watch, but did have time to post

https://youtu.be/FFonj6o0fTI

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:02 pm
His black people election police are still batting 0.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 63647.html

"Patterson was not allowed to vote under state law, but state elections officials — who report to DeSantis — cleared him to receive a voter ID card and didn’t stop him from voting in the 2020 election."
:clap: You beat me to it.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:19 pm
I didn't have time to watch, but did have time to post

https://youtu.be/FFonj6o0fTI
Ron DeSantis's Military Secrets: Torture & War Crimes

In this Eyes Left/Empire Files exclusive, Mike Prysner sheds light on the shadowy military career of Ron DeSantis. Featuring never-before-heard testimony by former Guantanamo detainee Mansoor Adayfi about DeSantis's participation in illegal torture at the prison camp, and why he was likely sent to Iraq to do war crime cover-ups next.
I may not watch, but it wouldn't surprise me if Fascist DerSantis is exactly that kind of sleazy coward.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 812382002/

What the hell is wrong with this guy?

"Florida is yanking $2 billion worth of state assets managed by BlackRock, escalating the GOP standoff with the world’s largest money manager over its ESG investment policies.

The state treasury will freeze about $1.43 billion worth of long-term securities and remove BlackRock as the manager of about $600 million worth of short-term overnight investments with the goal of giving that business to other money managers by the beginning of 2023, Florida Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis said in a statement Thursday."