Sleazy Santos

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Sleazy Santos

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:01 am
They voted for trump. Did this idiot set some sort of lower standard that the tiny fingered orange man?
What O Really says above, IMO.

Astronaut Scott Kelly Delivers Out-Of-This-World Troll Of George Santos
Other critics also mocked Santos for being named to two House committees despite an extensive history of lying.

:lol: As for Rep Williams - No, someone wholly imaginary "represents a million people."

Rep. George Santos — the Long Island wunderkind whose book The Wealth of Nations laid the groundwork for the legal concept of the corporation, and who discovered Neptune on September 23, 1846 — has been justly named to the Small Business, Space committees
Well, the science committee will certainly benefit from having Dr. George Santos as its first Nobel prize winner in physics on the panel.
Since Santos says he was the first guy to open a small business on the moon this checks out
:---P More tweet at the link.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Whoops.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I wondered:
His very existence is fake news?
Too much of an embarrassment to Musk's GQP?
No, not #GeorgeSantos too!

Say it ain't so, is that any way we treat the former #SpeakerOfTheHouse?

Because he is a Drag Queen?
Even Twitter before Elmo wouldn't have suspended the government account.
He’ll say he suspended it because he owns Twitter and wanted to “see what this button did”
How long until Husk puts up a poll about reinstating George?
For impersonation of a representative?
This might make the most sense, though:
He only had 228 followers? That feels like a fake account that paid for the check mark.
Probably fake, but hey they paid Elno the 8 bucks for a blue check so no problem, amirite????
The spoofer got spoofed? Oh well, fun for a few minutes.
He needs to put “parody” since he isn’t really George Santos…
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

The son of a bitch is obviously one of those alien lizard people. You can't trust a goddamn thing they say. He should be stomped into oblivion and then hung up as example of how flat a person can be after a severe stomp.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:23 pm
The son of a bitch is obviously one of those alien lizard people. You can't trust a goddamn thing they say. He should be stomped into oblivion and then hung up as example of how flat a person can be after a severe stomp.

In case your scorecard has become as cluttered as mine:
Things George Santos Is Accused Of Lying About (That We Know Of So Far)
It's a long list.

... His Name ...
His Jewish Heritage ...
That He’s A Descendant Of Holocaust Survivors From Ukraine ...
That His Mother Was In The Twin Towers On 9/11 ...
... And That She Was The ‘First Female Executive At A Major Financial Institution’ ...
How He Paid For His Campaign ...
That He Worked In Finance For His Family’s Business ...
That His Family Had A Fortune In Real Estate ...
That He Went To An Elite New York City Prep School ...
That He Graduated From College ...
That He Was A College Volleyball Star ...
That He Worked For Goldman Sachs And Citigroup ...
That He Ran An Animal Charity ...
... And That He Did Not Swindle A Homeless Veteran With A Sick Dog ...
His Alleged Criminal Past ...
And That He Never Performed In Brazil As A Drag Queen Called Kitara ...
Ironically, one of his more implausible statements is not and will never be a lie - "I am/was a congressional representative."
The Congressional sitcom is getting funnier this season, thanks to this new performer. The old ones were getting tiresome. Cawthorn had some promise, but he fizzled out last season and was canceled. Santos may lead C-Span to an Emmy. Would be fun if he accepts the award in drag.
The story about Santos' lies broke nationally after his election, but Long Island RepuQs had everything they needed to know long ago, they just didn't care:

Long Island Publisher Recounts Disturbing Early Meeting With 'Pure Evil' George Santos
The North Shore Leader newspaper warned last year that Santos was a "fake," a "fabulist," and "bizarre, unprincipled and sketchy."
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:24 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:23 pm

In case your scorecard has become as cluttered as mine:
Things George Santos Is Accused Of Lying About (That We Know Of So Far)
It's a long list.

... His Name ...
His Jewish Heritage ...
That He’s A Descendant Of Holocaust Survivors From Ukraine ...
That His Mother Was In The Twin Towers On 9/11 ...
... And That She Was The ‘First Female Executive At A Major Financial Institution’ ...
How He Paid For His Campaign ...
That He Worked In Finance For His Family’s Business ...
That His Family Had A Fortune In Real Estate ...
That He Went To An Elite New York City Prep School ...
That He Graduated From College ...
That He Was A College Volleyball Star ...
That He Worked For Goldman Sachs And Citigroup ...
That He Ran An Animal Charity ...
... And That He Did Not Swindle A Homeless Veteran With A Sick Dog ...
His Alleged Criminal Past ...
And That He Never Performed In Brazil As A Drag Queen Called Kitara ...
Ironically, one of his more implausible statements is not and will never be a lie - "I am/was a congressional representative."
The Congressional sitcom is getting funnier this season, thanks to this new performer. The old ones were getting tiresome. Cawthorn had some promise, but he fizzled out last season and was canceled. Santos may lead C-Span to an Emmy. Would be fun if he accepts the award in drag.
The story about Santos' lies broke nationally after his election, but Long Island RepuQs had everything they needed to know long ago, they just didn't care:

Long Island Publisher Recounts Disturbing Early Meeting With 'Pure Evil' George Santos
The North Shore Leader newspaper warned last year that Santos was a "fake," a "fabulist," and "bizarre, unprincipled and sketchy."
:shock: That appears to be one of those Devolder lizards that got what was coming to it. Sweet.

I had to laugh the other day when I read a story about him denying that he was ever in drag shows; the funny part being that the drag show thing is backed with video evidence yet it's one of his many lies that he's directly addressed.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:09 am
:shock: That appears to be one of those Devolder lizards that got what was coming to it. Sweet.

I had to laugh the other day when I read a story about him denying that he was ever in drag shows; the funny part being that the drag show thing is backed with video evidence yet it's one of his many lies that he's directly addressed.
Devolution.
George Santos Appears To Confirm Drag Photo: 'Sue Me For Having A Life'

Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) appeared to tell reporters on Saturday that he had dressed in drag but insisted that he was never a drag queen.

“No, I was not a drag queen in Brazil, guys. I was young and I had fun at a festival. Sue me for having a life,” Santos told reporters at New York’s LaGuardia Airport, according to CNN.

A Brazilian drag performer recently told journalists that Santos, who is gay, performed in Brazil as a drag queen named Kitara. She provided a picture of herself with another person in drag who she said was Santos at a parade in Rio de Janeiro....
I think being a Brazilian drag performer is kinda cool. Lying about it makes him an asshole and is a self-rejection.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:58 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:59 pm
I see the Santos guy as strictly a shining bauble to distract people from the real issues.
He'll be gone on his own in less than 2 years and there's nothing the dems can do about it and the repugs won't lift a finger to remove him from their small majority.
He's a waste of time.
I agree, sorta. Except that significant lies about who you are when running for office shouldn't be a "ho hum, same ol' same ol'" thing. This is not a "puffery" or "marketing" thing or an issue of stretching the truth. He didn't just distort what he'd done - he completely made up a person. If he gets by with this unscathed, it's a very short jump to many elections becoming catfish schemes.
I also found:
Ya gotta admit in this case it's kinda worth it.
I mean come on...
When was the last time any of our elected officials provided this much entertainment without threatening the entire free world in the process?
After four years of Trump and going through Jan 6 I think we've all earned some laughs at George's expense.
:lol:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

George Santos Steps Down From House Committees
The New York Republican has been under scrutiny for a long series of apparent lies about his background and campaign finances.

Predictions within 6 months, maybe longer: indictments, resignation from the House (maybe impeachment?), special election, swearing in of Dem thus eroding SINO's majority.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

"Just as it seemed the well of bizarre stories about George Santos might have begun to run dry ...":
New add to George Santos’s résumé: producer on Spider-Man musical
Reports emerge that the embattled New York congressman told donors of his role, which the lead producer denies

... Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark featured ambitious stagecraft and songs by U2’s Bono and the Edge but was badly reviewed and never trouble-free, including a number of performers suffering injuries. Its Broadway run lasted from 2011 to 2014, when it closed with losses of millions of dollars.
Why would anyone boast about producing a loser?
... On Thursday night, meanwhile, a recording emerged of Santos firing an aide who had been on staff a little more than a week.

In Myers’s recorded exchange with Santos, the congressman boasted about messaging with a CNN host.

“Don Lemon just texted me – I’m sorry, I’m listening to you – Don Lemon just texted me!” Santos said.

He also discussed the merits and costs of Botox treatments before saying Myers’s past problems in Ohio were “not concerning to us, it’s concerning to this institution”.

Myers gave the recording to Talking Points Memo. He told the website that as Santos spoke, he was “thinking to myself, ‘I’m a threat and concern to this institution –George Santos, you’re George Santos!’”
The recording is mildly interesting - Santos admits being a liar - but imagine being too unethical and shady for even Santos to employ. :problem:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Really?

After everything else, he's still at it?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Well, a claim is always weak when there are only two people in the room and no corroborating physical evidence, but extending and rescinding the offer is something that could be investigated that probably would help.
If the Ethics Committee hadn't been neutered, and if Repugs cared, and if frogs had wings.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Okay, now this asshole has me pissed at him for stealing from dogs and at the law enforcement assholes who are treating him special.

Can anyone guess how long it would take them to arrest me if I altered a check meant for a charity?

About Those 2,500 Dogs That George Santos Claims He Saved https://nyti.ms/3JHGyFK
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:46 pm
"Just as it seemed the well of bizarre stories about George Santos might have begun to run dry ...":
New add to George Santos’s résumé: producer on Spider-Man musical
Reports emerge that the embattled New York congressman told donors of his role, which the lead producer denies

... Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark featured ambitious stagecraft and songs by U2’s Bono and the Edge but was badly reviewed and never trouble-free, including a number of performers suffering injuries. Its Broadway run lasted from 2011 to 2014, when it closed with losses of millions of dollars.
Why would anyone boast about producing a loser?
"Of all the tribulations the producers of Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark had to endure, we are very pleased, proud and relieved to report working with George Santos was not one of them."
-- show spokesperson Rick Miramontez

:thumbup: :lol:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 6:40 pm
It's a good day in legal-world:

Justice Department Charging Rep. George Santos In Federal Probe: Report
The charges against the controversial New York member of Congress have yet to be announced.

Lots of possible charges listed in the article.
:happy-cheerleaderkid:

RepuQs hate the law.
The big question is what's Moronic Kevin McCarthy going to do?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:09 pm
Sleazy Santos will play the Trumpish delay game. Could be 1/2025 before there's a verdict.
No one seriously expects Sleazy Santos to win in 2024, if he even runs.
SINO McCarthy can't demand a resignation or push for impeachment because the NY Gov and the people of Nassau County are certain to replace Sleazy Santos with a Dem.
So, my guess is that SINO McCarthy does nothing of consequence, other than maybe uselessly whining the RW dog whistle, "Why not Hunter, too?'
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:19 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:09 pm
"I'll look at the charges," McCarthy said.
Sleazy Santos will play the Trumpish delay game. Could be 1/2025 before there's a verdict.
No one seriously expects Sleazy Santos to win in 2024, if he even runs.
SINO McCarthy can't demand a resignation or push for impeachment because the NY Gov and the people of Nassau County are certain to replace Sleazy Santos with a Dem.
So, my guess is that SINO McCarthy does nothing of consequence, other than maybe uselessly whining the RW dog whistle, "Why not Hunter, too?'
Sad, but most likely accurate.

There was a time, fairly recently where being under multiple federal indictments would be a death knell for a politician even from it's own party.

Another trump legacy.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Many congresscritters have been run off or resigned for far far less.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:44 pm
Many congresscritters have been run off or resigned for far far less.
Hello Al Franken.

😄