Trump on Trial

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Trump on Trial

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

This would be a gift.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:31 pm
This would be a gift.

https://twitter.com/AntiToxicPeople/sta ... 9652247554
I think it's bravado. In most cases I expect Dolt .45 to enter pleas since he and his lawyers know that he's guilty. No one wants to live out their final days in prison.

The Trump Organization and former fixer Michael Cohen settle his lawsuit over unpaid legal bills

I'll bet that the amount doesn't stay secret for long and that it's close to the $1.7 million Cohen was demanding.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:51 pm

I think it's bravado. In most cases I expect Dolt .45 to enter pleas since he and his lawyers know that he's guilty. No one wants to live out their final days in prison.

Trump settling would be a gift to his lawyers who would have to put on a "trump defense" if they want their paycheck and get their asses handed to them.

I don't think he's capable of settling and slinking away with his tail between his legs even while shouting witch hunt, miscarriage of justice, two systems of justice and whatever else.

It would definitely be the best for the country though.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:47 pm
Trump settling would be a gift to his lawyers who would have to put on a "trump defense" if they want their paycheck and get their asses handed to them.

I don't think he's capable of settling and slinking away with his tail between his legs even while shouting witch hunt, miscarriage of justice, two systems of justice and whatever else.

-0-? Dolt .45 settled in the Trump U and Donald J. Trump Foundation cases, then took the department store rape case to trial and lost bigly. Criminal cases will be an entirely new animal.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:02 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:47 pm

-0-? Dolt .45 settled in the Trump U and Donald J. Trump Foundation cases, then took the department store rape case to trial and lost bigly. Criminal cases will be an entirely new animal.
He can't bury the terms of the settlement like in the civil cases.

Remember, he's doing it for us. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:24 pm
He can't bury the terms of the settlement like in the civil cases.

Remember, he's doing it for us. :lol:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 7793914881
TRE45QN "unfairly" suffers for our sins.

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Good news:

"His batting average is zero": Expert says Trump has lost "every single executive privilege" claim
Trump is now trying to use executive privilege to block ex-aide's testimony in Jan. 6 investigation

Damn, he could play for a Useless baseball team.

I still don't understand the delay and billy.pilgrim may be correct that MAGA Cannon will create more delays, but possible silver lining:
Experts: Judge Cannon just set the “worst possible” Trump trial date for the Republican Party
Cannon rejected Trump bid to delay trial until after election — and scheduled it in middle of GOP primary season

... Cannon's ruling, however, sets the trial late in the Republican primary schedule, just weeks before the 2024 Republican National Convention.

"This is the worst possible outcome for the Republican Party. Great for Trump though," Georgia State Law professor and political scientist Anthony Kreis wrote of the trial date on Twitter.

"This basically allows Trump to snag the nomination before the most easily damning case comes to trial," he added....

Trump's attorneys also noted, in addition to his campaign schedule, Trump will be embroiled in other legal battles in the near future. He is facing criminal charges in Manhattan in connection to hush money payments made to an adult film star with a trial slated for that case in March 2024, and civil lawsuits scheduled to go to trial in New York this fall and next year. He's also the subject of two other criminal investigations — one in Georgia and the other a federal probe — in connection to his alleged efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election....

-0-? We'll see.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Other than Trump just trying his usual drag drag drag game, I don't understand the need for excessive time. If you've got 1,000 people that could testify, you don't have to put every one of them up. If you've got 20,000 documents unlawfully retained, you can still get the same conviction if you present 5,000. It's an oversimplification, I know, but here's a case where the evidence is overwhelming and the viable defence non-existent. If they can't convict him with what they've got, they're not going to convict him under any circumstances. Let's roll.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:05 am
Other than Trump just trying his usual drag drag drag game, I don't understand the need for excessive time. If you've got 1,000 people that could testify, you don't have to put every one of them up. If you've got 20,000 documents unlawfully retained, you can still get the same conviction if you present 5,000. It's an oversimplification, I know, but here's a case where the evidence is overwhelming and the viable defence non-existent. If they can't convict him with what they've got, they're not going to convict him under any circumstances. Let's roll.
And in May maga judge Cannon will grant trump's request for more time.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Looks like he had himself a day yesterday.

O Really
Admiral

Blue/red/purple or green, black or white, right wing left wing, damgummint hater or "patriot," and previous administration* notwithstanding, how can anybody seriously think this is a person who ought to be President?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:22 am
Blue/red/purple or green, black or white, right wing left wing, damgummint hater or "patriot," and previous administration* notwithstanding, how can anybody seriously think this is a person who ought to be President?
Klingons just think differently.

O Really
Admiral

I don't want Trump to be excessively persecuted - I just want to see him treated like any average Black person suspected of crack.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:28 am
I don't want Trump to be excessively persecuted - I just want to see him treated like any average Black person suspected of crack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqguYicOoV4&t=217s
:o :thumbup:

I WON'T SURVIVE! IT'S CLASSIFIED — Trump Vs Jack Smith & his 37 Indictments — A Founders Sing Parody
:---P :happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Could be a popcorn day!

O Really
Admiral

And yet again: "The Walls Are Closing In On Donald Trump Fast"

What, does somebody pay extra everytime that headline gets printed or clicked on?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:15 am
O Really wrote:
Klingons just think differently.
Klingons

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
It's partially because of "news" like this:
Josh Hawley Catches Flak For Harebrained Take On New Trump Document Charges
Critics pointed to the Missouri senator's law background in disgust.

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), the former attorney general of Missouri, seemed to have a really tough time grasping why a third person had been indicted in the classified documents probe against Donald Trump, despite the senator’s legal background and claims from prosecutors.

“Now, Laura, we’re down to charging random people — just throwing those into the indictment,” Hawley told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham on Thursday night.
:puke-left: :puke-left: :obscene-birdiered: :obscene-birdiered:
His comments followed news that Carlos de Oliveira, a maintenance worker at Mar-a-Lago, had been charged in the Justice Department probe, which is looking at Trump’s handling of classified documents taken from the White House to his Florida estate.

Trump himself was hit with three additional felonies, bringing his total to 40 counts in the case. The former president and his aide Walt Nauta had previously been charged last month.

De Oliveira is accused of helping Nauta move boxes of classified documents stashed at Mar-a-Lago and then lying about it in an interview with federal investigators. He also allegedly sought to erase surveillance footage at the estate on Trump’s instructions....

As social media users noted, Hawley — who bills himself as “one of the nation’s leading constitutional lawyers” on his Senate webpage — should not have had a difficult time understanding the indictments or the reasons for charging de Oliveira, who was very much not a “random” person in the case.

Many online posts criticized Hawley as dishonest and irresponsible.

"Random people" who attempted to help Donald Trump destroy evidence.
This piece of garbage was once an attorney general.
The fucked up thing is that Speedy here totally knows how dishonest this is. Federal prosecutors have a something like 99% success rate prosecuting federal crimes.

They’re not just “charging random people”
Sure, Fox News. Co-conspirators to felonies are "random people."
you ever step back to think about how we live in the "information age" and yet United States Senators can go on television and lie about things that are public record and access to which everyone has in the palm of their hand
Someone this disloyal to the country should not be eligible to hold office.
More scathing tweets (exes?) at the link.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So it's Sunday. How many more times/weeks are we going to hear about Trump's "increasing legal peril" and that further indictments could "come any day"?