Trump on Trial

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Trump on Trial

Unread post by O Really »

Not that I know anything about white collar criminal law, but usually the first ones to roll get the best deals, and the further down the line you are, the less they need you.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:25 am
Not that I know anything about white collar criminal law, but usually the first ones to roll get the best deals, and the further down the line you are, the less they need you.
I'm sure that's correct as far as snitching goes, but another motivation for prosecutors is to rack up convictions without the effort and expense of trials. Then, I've personally seen judges that are hesitant to impose more severe sentences than they've already handed down. So, several factors are at play. I just hope we have a few trials so that the depths of evil can be fully exposed and hopefully condemned by juries. We'll see.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:44 am
O Really wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:25 am
I'm sure that's correct as far as snitching goes, but another motivation for prosecutors is to rack up convictions without the effort and expense of trials. Then, I've personally seen judges that are hesitant to impose more severe sentences than they've already handed down. So, several factors are at play. I just hope we have a few trials so that the depths of evil can be fully exposed and hopefully condemned by juries. We'll see.
I think you're both right and I also hope we do get trial(s) in Georgia as they are as of now the only ones that will be televised.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:20 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:48 am
Good. At least she's no longer fouling your state. What a moron.
I wonder what good Sidney Powell's testimony can be. She's a thoroughly documented moron, liar and nutcase. Any defense attorney should be able to successfully impeach her credibility. I did hear something about turning over docs she's retained. Those could be very useful to Fani and other prosecutors.
I remember seeing something about another deposition or something involving her....I think it was in the "stollen election" bullshit that Fox got fish slapped in. But if I remember right, her defense was something like "any reasonable person should not believe anything I say" or some equivalent of that.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Another prosecutorial advantage to plea deals - they eliminate worries over occult rogue MAGAt jurors.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:56 am
I think you're both right and I also hope we do get trial(s) in Georgia as they are as of now the only ones that will be televised.
I've never had the patience to watch trials, but I do appreciate clips from them.
'Ominous' sign for Donald Trump? Guilty pleas from Chesebro, Powell raise the stakes in Georgia

... Coming after a third defendant, Scott Hall, pleaded guilty in September, their deals bolster the weapons in prosecutors' toolbox, and may pressure other defendants to flip -- a move that would raise the legal stakes for Trump.

''Once you get a couple people pleading, it starts sort of an avalanche of pleas," said Chandelle Summer, a Georgia attorney who previously worked as both a prosecutor and public defender in the state.

Those mugshots never get old. My favorites are Rudy and the red-faced priest. Yours?
... Norman Eisen, a Brookings Institution senior fellow who served as special counsel to the House Judiciary Committee from 2019 to 2020, said information from the three former Trump associates, could bolster the government's evidence in another pending Trump trial -- federal election meddling case, which is scheduled to start in March in Washington.

"Both Powell and Chesebro were unindicted co-conspirators in the federal case, so they're central to it," Eisen said. "It is ominous for the other defendants in the state or federal cases, above all Donald Trump." ...
Nice, I like "ominous".

Article continues with lots of detail on how the snitches can be used against specific targets.
:---P

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sniveling coward, just as he has been his entire life:

After Sidney Powell pleads guilty in Georgia case, Trump claims she was ‘never’ his attorney, despite their past ties

I don't get why the lying wimp is worshiped. He has none of the character traits that anyone respects.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:30 pm

After Sidney Powell pleads guilty in Georgia case, Trump claims she was ‘never’ his attorney, despite their past ties

I don't get why the lying wimp is worshiped. He has none of the character traits that anyone respects.
Oppsie.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:25 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:30 pm

Oppsie.

https://media-cdn.factba.se/realdonaldt ... 103746.jpg
Yeah, way too much evidence debunking that dumb lie.

Have I mentioned that I'm a Mitten advisor?
Mitt Romney hits out at Donald Trump, says he represents a 'failure of character'

... “I don’t think I’ve heard a single member of my caucus, the Republicans in the Senate, say ‘you know, Donald Trump is great. Aren’t we lucky to have him as our leader?’” Romney told "CBS News Sunday Morning."
:lol:
“Donald Trump represents a failure of character, which is changing, I think in many respects, the psyche of our nation, and the heart of our nation. That’s something which takes a long time, if ever, to repair,” he added....

“Character counts, the character of our leaders makes a difference, and it shapes the character of our country. That’s the party I’ve come from, and I don’t recognize that in the great majority of our party today,” he added.
:wave:
... “I can’t imagine any circumstance. Perhaps if Godzilla comes in and removes all the other candidates and so forth, but other than Godzilla stepping in, no I’m not running for president, not giving it any thought,” he said.
So, there is a chance. ;)
... In excerpts published from the book, Romney claimed that many Senate Republicans also loath the former president but will not publicly speak out about him.
Wusses.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

More to come.
Reports: Trump told Mar-a-Lago member about calls with foreign leaders

"Red haired weirdo" who's a member of his club.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Well, this is new.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:48 pm
Well, this is new.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1716521420426215801
That's funny. SingSidneySing

Sidney Powell, Kenneth Chesebro May Still See Prison: Former Prosecutor

The recent plea deals taken by Trump allies Sidney Powell and Kenneth Chesebro in the Fulton County, Georgia, election interference case may not have eliminated their chances of seeing prison time down the line, according to legal analyst Glenn Kirschner....

Writing in an opinion column for MSNBC on Saturday, Kirschner, a veteran federal prosecutor turned legal analyst for various networks, noted that their recent plea deals would not absolve Powell or Chesebro from potential prison time from the Department of Justice (DOJ) and special counsel Jack Smith's federal election fraud case. Trump is so far the only defendant named in that case, but legal experts suspect that more will be added down the line.

"Neither Powell's nor Chesebro's plea deal ends the possibility of imprisonment," Kirschner, a staunch Trump critic, wrote. "As noted earlier, they'll still face criminal exposure in the federal case. The Georgia prosecutors might have been willing to extend a probation-only plea deal to Powell and Chesebro. But I doubt the federal government will be quite so generous." ...

"In the event that either pleads guilty and cooperates in the federal prosecution of Trump, there are compelling societal interests that militate in favor of a period of incarceration for crimes that were designed, in a very real and direct sense, to bring an end to our great American experiment," he wrote. "Crimes like that deserve more than mere probation. Not if we're serious about deterring Trump and other would-be dictators from trying it all over again."
:thumbup: :thumbup: GoJackGo, lock them up!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ex-Trump Lawyer Jenna Ellis Pleads Guilty In Georgia 2020 Election Case
Ellis, along with Trump and 17 other co-defendants, was charged by a grand jury in August over her role in an effort to undo Joe Biden's 2020 election win.

Jenna Ellis, a former lawyer for Donald Trump, on Tuesday, pleaded guilty to one count of aiding and abetting false statements and writings for her role in the effort to overturn Joe Biden’s win in Georgia in the 2020 presidential election....

Ellis has agreed to five years of probation along with 100 hours of community service and to pay $5,000 in restitution as part of her plea deal.
I'm guessing felony. I don't think you can get five years of probation for a misdemeanor.
She has also pledged to cooperate and testify truthfully in any other cases and will write a letter of apology to the people of Georgia....
SingJennaSing
Reading from prepared remarks, Ellis said she felt “deep remorse” for her actions.

“If I knew then what I know now, I would have declined to represent Trump in these post-election challenges,” she said....

Last month, Ellis, on her American Family Radio show, said while she personally has “great love and respect” for the former president, she “simply can’t support him for elected office again,” citing his “malignant, narcissistic tendency to simply say that he’s never done anything wrong.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:27 pm
Ex-Trump Lawyer Jenna Ellis Pleads Guilty In Georgia 2020 Election Case
Ellis, along with Trump and 17 other co-defendants, was charged by a grand jury in August over her role in an effort to undo Joe Biden's 2020 election win.

Jenna Ellis, a former lawyer for Donald Trump, on Tuesday, pleaded guilty to one count of aiding and abetting false statements and writings for her role in the effort to overturn Joe Biden’s win in Georgia in the 2020 presidential election....

Ellis has agreed to five years of probation along with 100 hours of community service and to pay $5,000 in restitution as part of her plea deal.
I'm guessing felony. I don't think you can get five years of probation for a misdemeanor.
She has also pledged to cooperate and testify truthfully in any other cases and will write a letter of apology to the people of Georgia....
SingJennaSing
Reading from prepared remarks, Ellis said she felt “deep remorse” for her actions.

“If I knew then what I know now, I would have declined to represent Trump in these post-election challenges,” she said....

Last month, Ellis, on her American Family Radio show, said while she personally has “great love and respect” for the former president, she “simply can’t support him for elected office again,” citing his “malignant, narcissistic tendency to simply say that he’s never done anything wrong.”
Another fish flops. Wonder if it would've gone better for trump if he paid his attorneys.

Is Rudy next? Bigger fish.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:44 pm
Another fish flops. Wonder if it would've gone better for trump if he paid his attorneys.

Is Rudy next? Bigger fish.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-21-2016/qbDlp8.gif
Different article. Yes, it was a felony she pled to :thumbup: . Bye-bye law career, get a real job. ;)
... tearfully telling the judge she looks back on that time with “deep remorse.”
Awww :violin:
She rose to speak after pleading guilty, fighting back tears as she said she would have not have represented Trump after the 2020 election if she knew then what she knows now, claiming that she relied on lawyers with much more experience than her and failed to verify the things they told her.

“What I did not do but should have done, Your Honor, was to make sure that the facts the other lawyers alleged to be true were in fact true,” the 38-year-old Ellis said.
These people :roll: , there is always someone else to blame. The entire credible world was loudly proclaiming that the election was legit.
... Before her plea, Ellis, who lives in Florida, was defiant, posting in August on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, “The Democrats and the Fulton County DA are criminalizing the practice of law. I am resolved to trust the Lord.”
There we go, another arrogant, unrepentant and unaccountable MAGAt. The tears and remorse are just for show.
... Ellis and the other three pleaded guilty under Georgia’s first offender law. That means that if they complete their probation without violating the terms or committing another crime, their records will be wiped clean....
Opps, back to practicing crappy law in 5 years at 43. :angry-banghead:

GoCubsGo
Admiral

claiming that she relied on lawyers with much more experience than her and failed to verify the things they told her.
By the name of Giuliani.

What a fool.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:44 pm
... claiming that she relied on lawyers with much more experience than her and failed to verify the things they told her.
By the name of Giuliani.

What a fool.
And John Eastman. Is there already a line where members of the criminal enterprise will serve prison time even if they plead? Will those that delay pleading past a certain date go to prison? Will any that force trials automatically get prison recommendations?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:56 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
... claiming that she relied on lawyers with much more experience than her and failed to verify the things they told her.
By the name of Giuliani.

What a fool.
And John Eastman. Is there already a line where members of the criminal enterprise will serve prison time even if they plead? Will those that delay pleading past a certain date go to prison? Will any that force trials automatically get prison recommendations?
Yes.

And yes.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:19 pm
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
By the name of Giuliani.

What a fool.
Yes.

And yes.
Thanks, but which 2 of my 3 questions are you responding to?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:25 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
By the name of Giuliani.

What a fool.
Yes.

And yes.
Opps, all three.

Think he's having conversations with Fani atm?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:24 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:25 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Yes.

And yes.
Opps, all three.
Cool, fingers crossed.
Think he's having conversations with Fani atm?
https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/status/ ... 1627365682
I imagine. I hope she's made of sterner stuff than Jack. My opinion on Meadows' immunity.
viewtopic.php?p=191040#p191040

I probably should have used this thread, but wanted to stress that he's a traitor of the first order.