Guest Posting Poll

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.

Should "Guest" posting be disabled so that one has to make a (still anonymous) account?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:47 am

Yes it should be disabled
87%
No, leave guest posting as an option.
13%

Total votes: 15

bannination
Captain

Guest Posting Poll

Unread post by bannination »

Personally, I vote Yes to disable it, for spam reasons, and also it's hard to have a legitimate debate with "guests".

Hopefully I didn't muck the options up this time. :D

Thanks for your input.

k9nanny
General

Re: Guest Posting Poll

Unread post by k9nanny »

As fun as it is to play Guess the Wingnut, I think Big Ugly should have to register.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Winger

Unread post by Winger »

k9nanny wrote:As fun as it is to play Guess the Libturd, I think Sybil should have to register.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Winger wrote:
k9nanny wrote:As fun as it is to play Guess the Libturd, I think Sybil should have to register.
Idiot. It's only cons who are too wussy to register. May be they think Banni is going to give their information to Obama's gun confiscation troops.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

bannination
Captain

k9nanny wrote:
Winger wrote:
Idiot. It's only cons who are too wussy to register. May be they think Banni is going to give their information to Obama's gun confiscation troops.

They always have overestimated their importance. :mrgreen: Like I'd give a crap about their information provided - anonymous or not.

Unread post by Guest »

No Censorship, no rules, free speech eh? El crappo!!!!

Just think how many ID's could be eliminated if Vrede was a guest?

k9 was getting her a** wacked again so she has to turn to her lib friends for relief because there's no place else to go.

bannination
Captain

Guest wrote:No Censorship, no rules, free speech eh? El crappo!!!!

Just think how many ID's could be eliminated if Vrede was a guest?

k9 was getting her a** wacked again so she has to turn to her lib friends for relief because there's no place else to go.
Keep your paranoia that's fine. No one is forced to post here, and no one has been prevented from posting. Do you see Vrede everywhere? I'd go see a psychologist about that.

Red Shirt

Unread post by Guest »

k9nanny wrote:Idiot. It's only cons who are too wussy to register.
You're full of bullshit.

I resent others posting under my screen name.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I voted to disable it just now....after all, to post on the original forum, you had to log in. Besides, nothing would prevent you from naming yourself "guest." Oh, and posting under anothers id is not just bullshit; it's cowardice....something Zimmerman would do.

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

I voted no because it might get a "passer-by" interested enough to register. Why not limit it to 3 from the same IP address? Surely you people of superior intelligence can do that.

NonUser

Unread post by NonUser »

Just look at it as another way to demonstrate right-wing hypocrisy.

They claim Voter ID is a good thing in that it doesn't stop the individual from voting but does prevent voter fraud (it doesn't but for the sake of argument let's say it does) .

Insisting on a Login Name (an ID) doesn't stop or censor anyone's post (stop them from voting) but it would prevent cowards from posting.

I say No Account=No Post.

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

NonUser wrote:Just look at it as another way to demonstrate right-wing hypocrisy.

They claim Voter ID is a good thing in that it doesn't stop the individual from voting but does prevent voter fraud (it doesn't but for the sake of argument let's say it does) .

Insisting on a Login Name (an ID) doesn't stop or censor anyone's post (stop them from voting) but it would prevent cowards from posting.

I am for voter picture ID and I am for proper names to post. Names with board having the ability to verify by phone or address just like letters to the editor.

WKJMV57

Unread post by WKJMV57 »

Somebody on this forum doesn't know their left from their right.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Tertius wrote:
NonUser wrote:Just look at it as another way to demonstrate right-wing hypocrisy.

I am for voter picture ID and I am for proper names to post. Names with board having the ability to verify by phone or address just like letters to the editor.
Maybe it isn't the smartest thing to do, but as far as I know, I am the only one on this forum using his real name.

:mrgreen:

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Well, you're not in the phone book because I tried to look you up to see what sort of doctor you are....

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

WKJMV57 wrote:Somebody on this forum doesn't know their left from their right.
Who could it be?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Wneglia wrote: Maybe it isn't the smartest thing to do, but as far as I know, I am the only one on this forum using his real name.
I'm using my real name. I don't live around here anyway.
Tertius wrote: I am for voter picture ID and I am for proper names to post. Names with board having the ability to verify by phone or address just like letters to the editor.
Voting for this country's leaders and having to post your real name to run your mouth is two different things.
Like many others, I abandoned my land line for a cell phone. Cell phones aren't listed in directories.

NonUser wrote: Insisting on a Login Name (an ID) doesn't stop or censor any one's post (stop them from voting) but it would prevent cowards from posting. I say No Account=No Post.
What's the difference in a "coward" with a logged-in screen name and a "coward" with an unlogged-in screen name? Look back in earlier posts in this thread; you'll see a registered "Guest" and a non-registered "Guest". Which is the coward?
Your name is NonUser; does that mean you're a coward to post any other nonsensical "handle"? :o :o

:o :o

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

neoplacebo wrote:Well, you're not in the phone book because I tried to look you up to see what sort of doctor you are....
I am a radiation oncologist and practice in Columbia, SC. I am a part time resident of H'ville and I'm in the phone book.

:mrgreen:

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Wneglia wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:Well, you're not in the phone book because I tried to look you up to see what sort of doctor you are....
I am a radiation oncologist and practice in Columbia, SC. I am a part time resident of H'ville and I'm in the phone book.
I believe you just fixed his cancer of the mouth.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I don't care who a poster is IRL, but the minimum ante to play ought to be to register and pick a pretend name so we all have a character. I have no idea if Nascar and the Detective are as psychotic and ignorant as their online persona, or if they're just playing a role. I generally suspect the latter. But I don't care, it's still fun. "Guest" on the other hand, is like somebody talking to their TV.