Guest Posting Poll

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.

Should "Guest" posting be disabled so that one has to make a (still anonymous) account?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:47 am

Yes it should be disabled
87%
No, leave guest posting as an option.
13%

Total votes: 15

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Guest Posting Poll

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:I don't care who a poster is IRL, but the minimum ante to play ought to be to register and pick a pretend name so we all have a character. I have no idea if Nascar and the Detective are as psychotic and ignorant as their online persona, or if they're just playing a role. I generally suspect the latter. But I don't care, it's still fun. "Guest" on the other hand, is like somebody talking to their TV.
time to end guest posting
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

\V/
Pilot Officer

Unread post by \V/ »

I'll opt out on voting :? Sort of goes against my very being to filter expression of speech...but then again, the spam factor can get ridiculous :| This guest thing may take care of itself :arrow:
It's easy enough to see 'why' they avoid recognition...not that it's all that hard to recognize certain attributes :roll:
Then again, some discussions just need a different perspective...like maybe, I'm really the one posting as "guest" :lol:
It's just the way it is, because a forum that is anonymous....is much more fun to be a part of :D

Unread post by Guest »

NonUser wrote:

Just look at it as another way to demonstrate right-wing hypocrisy.

Your answer Neo. It's obvious Teetotaler has his left and rights mixed up.

Red Shirt

Unread post by Guest »

Leo Lyons wrote: What's the difference in a "coward" with a logged-in screen name and a "coward" with an unlogged-in screen name? Look back in earlier posts in this thread; you'll see a registered "Guest" and a non-registered "Guest".
Good question. I logged in as Guest because I don't think it makes any difference what your name is, your still anonymous.
My screen name is Guest. You imposters stop using it.

Red Shirt

Unread post by Guest »

Image No danger in that changing. They just had their Weird Pride parade that drives that point home.

Asheville Called One of Best Places for Gay Pride by CNN

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Guest wrote:No Censorship, no rules, free speech eh? El crappo!!!!
Oh, the stupid. It hurts.

There's all the free speech you want, and since we're all anonymous, that should be enough for all the chickenshit posters . . . but even that's not enough for you.

Here's a solution, dumbass. Register as "Guest." Then you'll have the exact same freedom of speech that you would under ANY OTHER FRICKIN' NAME IN THE WORLD!!!!

If you want, bannination can open up a forum where we have to post under our REAL names. You would still have the exact same freedom of speech.

Your puerile, chickenshit whining over your logically-failed non-issue grows old. If you're even acquainted with someone who speaks rationally, get them to explain to you how nothing you whine about is logically valid.

Guest wrote:Just think
If only you could.

Guest wrote:Just thinkk9 was getting her a** wacked again so she has to turn to her lib friends for relief because there's no place else to go.
Delusions run deep on your froth at the shallow edge of the gene pool, don't they?

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Wneglia wrote: Maybe it isn't the smartest thing to do, but as far as I know, I am the only one on this forum using his real name.

:mrgreen:
Don't forget that Defective Thong used to post under his real name. He used to brag about it all the time ... only it was just a rather common first name.

I think he was a Dick.

Still is. With a capital "D" and everything.

And his last name is Head, but he never posted that.

White Man From Town

Unread post by White Man From Town »

bannination wrote:Personally, I vote Yes to disable it, for spam reasons, and also it's hard to have a legitimate debate with "guests"......Thanks for your input.
Have you been receiving any spam? What is the difference in debating with "guests" and persons with any other fictional name?
I don't feel that someone using a name as Guest is any more of a coward than someone using a fictional name, but as it was already said in another thread somewhere, all other forums require that you log in to comment.

Y'all do whatever you want, I'm not voting for or against, because I can post either way; I just hate that damn
matching letters/numbers bullcrap.

White Man From Town

Stinger wrote:Here's a solution, dumbass. Register as "Guest." Then you'll have the exact same freedom of speech that you would under ANY OTHER FRICKIN' NAME IN THE WORLD!!!!
It appears someone has already been there, done that. There's a 'Guest' with number of posts recorded vs. none recorded
for the other one. (this is so damn confusing!)
Guest wrote: I logged in as Guest because I don't think it makes any difference what your name is, your still anonymous.
My screen name is Guest. You imposters stop using it.

White Man From Town

It appears our "Guests" have worn out their welcome! :lol: Time to go home!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Wneglia wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:Well, you're not in the phone book because I tried to look you up to see what sort of doctor you are....
I am a radiation oncologist and practice in Columbia, SC. I am a part time resident of H'ville and I'm in the phone book.

Well, there's no Neglia or Wneglia listed in the Hendersonville yellow pages in the doctor section; if there is, I missed it. I don't have a Columbia phonebook. Thanks for your service to your, and our, community.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wneglia wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:Well, you're not in the phone book because I tried to look you up to see what sort of doctor you are....
I am a radiation oncologist and practice in Columbia, SC. I am a part time resident of H'ville and I'm in the phone book.
I believe you just fixed his cancer of the mouth.
Looks like you're the one with the mouth.

Momentary Guest

Unread post by Momentary Guest »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wneglia wrote:
Well, there's no Neglia or Wneglia listed in the Hendersonville yellow pages in the doctor section; if there is, I missed it. I don't have a Columbia phonebook. Thanks for your service to your, and our, community.
neoplacebo wrote: Looks like you're the one with the mouth.
Looks like you're the one with the lack of comprehension skills.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wneglia wrote:

If I am a part time resident in Hendersonville and have my medical practice in Columbia, why would I be listed in the Hendersonville Yellow pages in the doctor section? It would be a long drive for patients to come to Columbia, although some of my patients do drive from areas of SC that are almost as far. :lol: :lol:

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Guest wrote:Image No danger in that changing. They just had their Weird Pride parade that drives that point home.

Asheville Called One of Best Places for Gay Pride by CNN

You mean that Romney attraction.... yeah...

Unread post by Guest »

Stinger, Stinker, who/whatever you are. How did you pick your ID? I chose guest. Get it!

I observed your verbal skills on the defunct BRN forum and I see they are no better here. Your use of descriptive adjectives is especially noteworthy. The only poster more vile is Bungalow. Maybe Larry Flynt has a forum you would be interested in.

bannination
Captain

Ok, guest disabled by nearly unanimous decision.

Except for the retard that registered "Guest" as their name.
:lol:

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

bannination wrote:Ok, guest disabled by nearly unanimous decision.

Except for the retard that registered "Guest" as their name. :lol:
"Poll runs till Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:47 am"

Is today Saturday already?

I thought that registering as "Guest" was funny too; although I don't see anything any more retarded than the other names used
in these forums.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Third attempt to respond to doc and shithead.....evidently I cannot post a reply to a post I've already replied to. In any case, I looked up doc in the H'vill yellow pages some time back when he admitted in the old forum that he's a doctor. At that time, I did not know he used his actual name, but I decided to look him up since his "handle" seemed to me to be an initial and a name. There is no Neglia in the yellow pages doctor section of the Hendersonville phonebook. Also, at that time I did not know that he mostly lives in Columbia. I don't post on forums in Columbia and have no Columbia phonebook. I did not think that you commute, either.....as I stated above, until today I was not aware that you actually use your own name to post here or that you mostly live in Columbia. Hope this clears up shithead's comprehension skills. Oh, and since doc is a dual resident, he could easily engage in some voter fraud with or without an ID. Cheers.

bannination
Captain

Leo Lyons wrote:
bannination wrote:Ok, guest disabled by nearly unanimous decision.

Except for the retard that registered "Guest" as their name. :lol:
"Poll runs till Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:47 am"

Is today Saturday already?

I thought that registering as "Guest" was funny too; although I don't see anything any more retarded than the other names used
in these forums.
Well, if my some miracle the poll reverses itself by Saturday, I'll enable guest again.
-0-?