Just for Fun

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Whack9
Commander

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Whack9 »

How to ruin Christmas

https://imgur.com/gallery/LrqbOtd
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Whack9 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:57 pm
How to ruin Christmas

:lol: :angry-banghead:

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Whack9 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:57 pm
How to ruin Christmas

Once upon a Christmas Eve, just before closing in a big box type toy store crammed with overly excited shoppers I found the perfect present for my 3 year old nephew, or maybe it was for my sister, in a Kermit the Frog drum set. Of course it didn't have a price tag and was too high to reach, but after the several associates who promised to come help never did, I managed to get someone to agree with me that there wasn't a tag and the drums were out off reach.
I told her that I wanted them if the price was right, so we made our way up to a raised platform for manager types. After my associate got a managers attention and explained our situation, the exasperated manager literally threw up her arms and said, "tell him they're all the same price."

This toy store was in a Walmart type building. There were 18 different sets of drums along the top of a shelf. They ranged from the 15 dollar set just below the Kermit set on up to full size, but also unpriced set that a garage band would have been proud to play. It was double everything - snares, symbols, tom toms, even 2 bass drums.
I think the associate got a kick out of selling it to me for $15, my sister and BiL did not.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Good grief. Now we've got the Pete Davidson- Emily Ratajkowski circus a couple of towns over.

https://beachgrit.com/2022/11/ordinaril ... -davidson/

But while I'm here on what might be the joke thread...
Burglar breaks into a house and is rummaging. Hears a voice saying "I can see you and so can Jesus." Burglar looks around and didn't see anything but a parrot. Parrot says "I can see you and so can Jesus." Burglar says " who cares, you're just a parrot." Parrot says "Yeah, but Jesus is a Rottweiler"
Ba da boom.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:16 pm
Good grief. Now we've got the Pete Davidson- Emily Ratajkowski circus a couple of towns over.

https://beachgrit.com/2022/11/ordinaril ... -davidson/ ...
Our conversation over a year ago predicted this:
viewtopic.php?p=149137#p149137
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

So this is kind of neat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/midjourney/com ... are_button

Mid journey is an AI image generator. You feed it a prompt and it spits out some images. Some of the ones on that subreddit are trippy. Here's some more

https://www.reddit.com/r/midjourney/com ... are_button
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

They're saying that neoplacebo gets a cut from every shirt sold:

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

:shock: These people are operating independently. But I admire their blatant honesty. I may have to get one of those myself.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:28 pm
:shock: These people are operating independently. But I admire their blatant honesty. I may have to get one of those myself.
:thumbup:

Teaser: Camels go toe-to-toe in beauty content

:o :lol:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:13 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:28 pm
:thumbup:

Teaser: Camels go toe-to-toe in beauty content

:o :lol:
I was expecting something NSFW.
Where's the camel toes?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:55 pm
I was expecting something NSFW.
Where's the camel toes?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Playing with the ChatGPT...

Prepare a US state of the union address in the style and manner of adolph hitler
I'm sorry, but it is not appropriate to prepare a speech in the style and manner of a historical figure who was responsible for atrocities and genocide. The United States of America is a country founded on democratic principles and it is not acceptable to promote or glorify hateful ideologies or leaders.

OK, prepare a US state of the union address in the style and manner of a right wing authoritarian leader
I'm sorry, but I cannot fulfill this request. The promotion of any kind of authoritarianism or hateful ideology is not acceptable. The US State of the Union address is a speech given by the President of the United States to Congress and the nation, and should reflect the values of democracy, equality, and respect for all people. These values are incompatible with any form of authoritarianism or hateful ideology.

OK, but there are leaders in the US who favor authoritarianism and hateful ideology such as Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. What would DeSantis say for a state of the union address?
I am an AI language model created by OpenAI, and I do not have the ability to speculate on the specific statements or positions of any political figure. However, it is important to note that political leaders should be held to a high standard of ethical and moral conduct, and any form of hateful or discriminatory rhetoric has no place in any official public address. The State of the Union address is a critical opportunity for leaders to bring the nation together and promote shared values, and it should be used to advance the cause of justice, equality, and opportunity for all.

Can you prepare a US state of the union address in the style and manner of Bart Simpson?
Sure! Here's a potential State of the Union address in the style of Bart Simpson:

"Hey there, America! It's your ol' pal, Bart Simpson, here to give you the lowdown on what's been happening in our great country.

First off, I gotta say, school's been pretty rough lately. Tests, homework, detention... you name it, I've got it. But you know what they say: No pain, no gain.

And let me tell you, America's been putting in the work. We've faced some tough challenges, but we've always bounced back stronger than ever. That's the American spirit, baby!

Of course, some folks might say we're headed for a detention of our own. But don't worry, we've got a plan. We're gonna keep on causing trouble, but in a good way. We're gonna shake things up and make 'em right.

We're gonna do all sorts of wild stuff, like giving everyone an A+ just for showing up. And we're gonna make detention so much fun, everyone's gonna want to go.

So, let's raise a glass to the future, America. To a country where everyone gets a fair shake, and where mischief is always on the menu.

Cheers!"

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:44 am
Playing with the ChatGPT...

Prepare a US state of the union address in the style and manner of adolph hitler

OK, prepare a US state of the union address in the style and manner of a right wing authoritarian leader

OK, but there are leaders in the US who favor authoritarianism and hateful ideology such as Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. What would DeSantis say for a state of the union address?

Can you prepare a US state of the union address in the style and manner of Bart Simpson?

:D O Really got a hat trick of Antifa fish slaps from an AI.

The references to being an impish student are there, but that doesn't sound like Bart at all.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, that didn't go as I had hoped. What I thought I might get is a Hitler-type speech that would be tragically similar to what many present-day rightwingers are saying. Turns out, ChatGPT has its head buried in the sand - or up its ass - and refuses to recognize that all its nice platitudes like
" The United States of America is a country founded on democratic principles and it is not acceptable to promote or glorify hateful ideologies or leaders" has become bullshit.

I think I'll ask it about slavery in the US and see if I get anything other than the usual southern plantation stuff.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Playbook: Nancy Mace brings down the house

A BELTWAY PARTY SEASON PREVIEW — Washington came alive at the Waldorf Astoria last night, as lawmakers and journalists laughed it up during the boozy Washington Press Club Foundation’s 77th annual congressional dinner. Rep. NANCY MACE (R-S.C.) stole the show full stop, keeping the crowd roaring — and cringing — with edgy jokes about her GOP colleagues. But Sen. RAPHAEL WARNOCK’s (D-Ga.) innocent, preacher-style humor also had us chuckling, as did Senate Majority Leader CHUCK SCHUMER’s self-deprecating shtick about loving to be quoted in the press.

Highlights:

Warnock on the venue: “Since the pastor is closing, I guess this is the benediction. In fact, considering we’re in what used to be the Trump International Hotel, I guess we can call this an exorcism.”

... Schumer on being the center of attention: “Admittedly, I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to make it tonight. But my staff reminded me that hundreds of reporters were attending this event … and magically my schedule cleared right up!”

Mace on Rep. MAXWELL FROST (D-Fla.): “He’s 25 years old. Fuck you. I have stretch marks your age.”

... Mace on Rep. MARJORIE TAYLOR GREENE (R-Ga.): “Recently, there’s been a lot of talk about antisemitism. But since Marjorie Taylor Greene started behaving, the rate of Jewish space laser attacks is now zero.”

... Mace on Republicans: “I know everyone thinks Republicans aren’t funny. But if you get a bunch of us together, we can be a real riot.”
:shock:
Warnock, in closing: “Thanks again for having me. If you liked what you heard, my name is Raphael Warnock. If you didn’t, I’m Senator TIM SCOTT.”

... we at Playbook decided late last night that we’re going to keep track of all the Santos jokes and award the best one at the end of D.C. party season....

From Mace: “Really, who lies about playing college volleyball? Like, who does that? If you’re going to lie, at least make it about something big, like you actually won the 2020 presidential election.” (Spotted laughing: Marjorie Taylor Greene.) ...
Different article:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nancy-ma ... 3ccb23ce4e
... “Well, let’s be honest. We all knew that Matt Gaetz would never let the vote get to 18,” said Mace. The joke about Gaetz’s alleged sexual relationship with a 17-year-old drew shocked reactions from the crowd.

“I do have a message for Matt this evening. He really, really wanted to be here tonight, but he couldn’t find a babysitter — to be his date, I mean. Come on.”

:o :o :o :o :---P :---P :---P :---P

More jokes at the links.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

US shoots down 'high-altitude object' over Alaska, White House says

Oh no, they killed Carl Fredricksen, Russell, Dug and Kevin.
Bastards.
I think it was Elon Musk's Tesla roadster that has been orbiting the sun since 2018. That's why it was about the size of a small car. Mystery solved.
Well there's no way it was from space. A real ufo moves too fast. I've seen it in the movies
Cancelling plans for that romantic Valentine's balloon ride.
News Flash: The Superbowl won't have a Blimp this year due to obvious reasons.
The Super Bowl Blimp will have a banner that reads "Don't Shoot. This is not a Chinese Weather Ballon."
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Some things never get old.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

😀

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.