The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Sheriff "Dar Leaf settled into a club chair to explain the sacred mission of America’s sheriffs, his bright blue eyes and warm smile belying the intensity of the cause.

“The sheriff is supposed to be protecting the public from evil,” the chief law enforcement officer for Barry County, Michigan, said during a break in the National Sheriffs’ Association 2023 conference in June. “When your government is evil or out of line, that’s what the sheriff is there for, protecting them from that.”

Leaf is on the advisory board of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, founded in 2011 by former Arizona sheriff Richard Mack. The group, known as CSPOA, teaches that elected sheriffs must “protect their citizens from the overreach of an out-of-control federal government” by refusing to enforce any law they deem unconstitutional or “unjust.”

“The safest way to actually achieve that is to have local law enforcement understand that they have no obligation to enforce such laws,” Mack said in an interview. “They’re not laws at all anyway. If they’re unjust laws, they are laws of tyranny"

Yep, that's it, podunk Sheriff gets to interpret the Constitution.

https://apnews.com/article/constitution ... 098ed14210
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:58 pm
... Yep, that's it, podunk Sheriff gets to interpret the Constitution.

https://apnews.com/article/constitution ... 098ed14210
Great minds . . .
viewtopic.php?p=188085#p188085

19 minutes. :wave:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Heh, I wonder if former Buncombe County sheriff Medford, who was in prison last time I checked, knows about this. Also if the lunatic Henderson County sheriff Davis, who resigned after he flipped out knows about this. Also former Pold County sheriff what's his name.....three adjacent counties in NC where the sheriff was either a criminal or a nutjob.

It just came to me....Polk County sheriff was named Abril I think. Chris if I remember right. I think he stole from Lowe's or something.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:35 am
Heh, I wonder if former Buncombe County sheriff Medford, who was in prison last time I checked, knows about this. Also if the lunatic Henderson County sheriff Davis, who resigned after he flipped out knows about this. Also former Polk County sheriff what's his name.....three adjacent counties in NC where the sheriff was either a criminal or a nutjob.

It just came to me....Polk County sheriff was named Abril I think. Chris if I remember right. I think he stole from Lowe's or something.
WNC has had quite the run of "special" Sheriffs and Police Chiefs. :roll:
East Bay 1312:

FBI arrest California police officers involved in racist text messages scandal
A grand jury had indicted officers from Antioch and Pittsburg for a wide range of offenses, including criminal conspiracy

LOCK THEM UP!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Caught in a YT bad cop algorithm:

Useless East Bay tax dollars at work.
Jury awards $8.25M to Black mother, daughters handcuffed outside Castro Valley Starbucks
White deputies, of course.

Keeps getting hired in KY despite awful criminal and job record:
Cop Realizes He's Absolutely Screwed in Real Time

Hibbing, MN:
Ignorant Cop Gets Owned By Lawyer With A Camera
:---P :happy-cheerleaderkid:

GoABC15Go!
‘Brady’ list cop who worked at six agencies finally loses license

The Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board unanimously voted to revoke the certification of Joel Christian Ensley at its August meeting.
He'll just get hired in a different state. :angry-banghead:

Colorado. VERY DISTURBING, but should be known by those that can handle it:
LOVELAND COP SURPRISES FAMILY, SHOOTS THEIR DOG IN BROAD DAYLIGHT
There's a detailed text account at the link if watching the video is too hard.
ASSHOLE!
They lied to the vet and the sgt is then coaching him on what to say when he wasn't even there!!! Absolutely disgusting!!!!
You should be deeply concerned with a cop that uses terminology "whatever fits"
If you call the police all the time on trivial matters where no one is doing anything.... YOU CONTRIBUTE TO THIS
Why couldn't the cop just pull up and be like, "Hey, folks, how ya'll doing today?" then "Hey, we got a call from the people who own this property and wanted to make sure ya'll were doing alright and didn't need any help." Then, once he realizes what's going on he can maybe help them out and then remind them they're on private property (or whatever) and see them on their way. Why is basic human interaction so damn difficult for this cop?
This is a huge red flag for how this officer responds under stress.
Loveland Police are ALWAYS in trouble, and yet nothing ever happens to them. It's disgusting as hell.
For example: viewtopic.php?p=137711#p137711
the sad part was that even after he shot the dog, the cop was still being an asshole.
:ateeth:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:39 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:37 pm
Mississippi 'goon squad' officers are part of larger law enforcement problem, experts say
Experts say rogue groups like the so-called Mississippi goon squad have long been a problem in the U.S.

Tragic article.

Are they really "rogue" when they are created, tolerated, defended, and covered up by their PDs? 1312.

Attorney calls for Rankin County sheriff’s resignation after 6 plead guilty

:clap: Oust the "leadership".
Nothing rogue about doing what the boss man says
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:21 am
Nothing rogue about doing what the boss man says
Exactly.

Yale Police to First-Year Students: Beware the Streets of New Haven

Andre Fa’aoso, an incoming first-year student at Yale University, has been in the United States for 12 days. He arrived from New Zealand on his own, three suitcases in tow.

As he pulled his luggage through downtown New Haven, a woman handed him a flyer describing his new city as crime-ridden and dangerous. It listed alarming local crime statistics and instructed students to “remain on campus,” “avoid public transportation” and “stay off the streets after 8 p.m.” Illustrated with a picture of the Grim Reaper, the flyer wished students an ominous “Good luck.”

But perhaps most jarring was the source of the flyer, listed plainly in its text: the union that represents Yale’s own campus police....

Anthony Campbell, the chief of the Yale Police Department, said the leaflets wrongly painted New Haven as “a war zone.”

“I am extremely hurt and sad and disgusted by the actions taken by the Yale Police Benevolent Association,” the police union, said Campbell, who once led the New Haven Police Department. “I think it is divisive and destructive for any police officer to disparage the city in which they work.”

The police union flyer reported that “murders have doubled, burglaries are up 33% and motor vehicle thefts are up 56%,” in the first seven months of the year.

The numbers are accurate. But Mayor Justin Elicker called them cherry-picked and misleading. He noted that violent crime has decreased 29.2% since 2020. Although homicides are up, the number of shootings has come down.

“Overall, over the past three years or so, crime is down,” he said, adding, “While the actual numbers may be accurate, they don’t present the full picture of what’s going on.”
Opps.
The flyers strongly resemble pamphlets that public safety officers handed out to travelers arriving in New York City in 1975.

“Welcome to Fear City,” those flyers read, as unions representing public safety officers tried to fight layoffs.

Yale’s police union is in contract negotiations, although its lawyer, Andrew Matthews, said the flyers were not a tactic in the talks.

Instead, he said, officers in the union were likely trying to raise awareness about crime in New Haven for some of its newest residents.

“I don’t think there was an attempt to fearmonger or scare people,” he said.
Lying. It's what cops and their reps do, a lot.
... Mike Lawlor, a professor at the University of New Haven who is also a New Haven police commissioner, said New Haven’s challenges mirror those of other American cities.

“If you’re trying to paint a picture of crime out of control, it’s not at all accurate,” he said, adding, that the crime rate is “lower than it was 10 to 15 to 20 years ago, that’s for sure.”
Busted.
Campbell, Yale’s police chief, said the flyers could do harm to campus safety, and to the department’s reputation.

“When you see, from the day you’re moving in, that the police department doesn’t have its house in order, then you start saying: ‘Well, can I even count on you to tell me the truth and to really keep me safe?’” he said.
No.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Hero cops:

Michigan police body camera shows officers kick in door to rescue baby being drowned by mom

Article, all kids survived. Phew.

Not hero LEOs:

76-year-old grandmother taken back to prison for not answering phone call

Gwen Levi speaks about being taken back to prison for not answering her parole officer's call while she was in a computer processing class.
:angry-cussing: 3 weeks in jail for attending an approved class with her phone off, 1312. She checked in immediately after the class. Fortunately, a wise and compassionate judge gave her "time served" and ended her parole entirely. Free woman. :clap:

Nice in depth report:

Officer who shot and killed man to be fired; family of man reacts | NBC10 Philadelphia
Typical cops, first instinct is to lie about what happened. Then when that falls apart the killer cop is too cowardly to discuss what happened with investigators. 1312.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Warning for going 65 mph in a 70 mph zone in Sampson County, North Carolina . . . and for being Black. :ateeth:

Deputy Left SPEECHLESS by Driver Who Knows His Rights

:roll: 1312.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

103 Hendricks Co (IN) cases dismissed or under review following police misconduct investigation
13 Investigates confirmed the actions are related to a misconduct investigation into a now former Plainfield police officer.

The Hendricks County prosecutor is dismissing 79 cases and reviewing two dozen more. 13 Investigates confirmed the actions are related to a misconduct investigation into a now former Plainfield police officer.

The Plainfield Police Department did not reveal exactly what prompted the investigation of officer Valentin Khazin. However, it did state Khazin resigned Wednesday after the police chief “initiated disciplinary action.” ...
Opps. 1312.

More Hendricks Co (IN):
Prosecutor says school board member who helps train school police 'lied,' tried to hide past discipline
Chase Lyday remains in leadership roles that impact thousands of school children in Indiana.

The Hendricks County prosecutor took steps to warn other law enforcement agencies that the former Avon Schools police chief may not be truthful in his work-related duties, records show. 13 Investigates learned the prosecutor sent a letter to the school district, reporting he found evidence Chase Lyday “lied," "failed to disclose" past discipline and, under Lyday’s leadership, school police "negatively affected... investigations.”

Lyday resigned from his position as police chief in October 2022, while under investigation but before the letter was sent....
Something in the Hendricks Co (IN) water?
While no longer school police chief, Lyday remains in leadership roles that impact thousands of school children in Indiana. He is currently the executive director of the Indiana School Resource Officer’s Association, which trains school police across the state. He also serves as a school board member for the Metropolitan School District of Decatur Township.

While running for school board, Lyday promised to “hold everyone accountable.” He declined multiple 13News requests for an interview about the allegations.

Instead, Lyday provided the following statement:

“I am proud of my career in law enforcement and the impact I made on the people I served. It was an honor to work alongside some of the best officers in the profession. Although I have moved on from that chapter of my life, my mission to glorify God through loving my family and serving our community remain unchanged.”
:roll: An xtian cop, figures.
... “If there were cases that Mr. Lyday had supervised as an investigator that they need to now discover those issues to defense counsel, both going forward, if those cases are still pending, but also retroactively,” Sallee said.

The goal is to make sure no one is wrongly punished or prosecuted.
Opps, more convictions overturned and cases tossed.
... While the prosecutor’s office was reviewing Avon Police’s report about Lyday’s background, he resigned as school police chief on Oct. 28, 2022.

Upon resignation, he was supposed to return his equipment, including three school police-issued service weapons.

A weapons log from Avon schools shows Lyday’s Taser, Glock 43 pistol and Sig Sauer AR-15 style rifle were listed as lost or unaccounted for. On Nov. 1, a few days after resigning, a police report shows Lyday reported to Indianapolis Metropolitan Police the weapons were stolen.
Sold, no doubt. Lock him up!
... “Victim reported an Avon School Police rifle, handgun, a taser, and a ballistic vest were stolen out of his vehicle sometime in the last month. He also reported a personally owned rifle plate was stolen. There was no sign of damage from a break-in.”

Lyday reported the items missing three days after he resigned and a week before Election Day. He won his seat on the school board by one vote....
:puke-left:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

All were rehired with pay raises as supervisors one county over.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:49 pm
:thumbup: :x

Sometimes, only the taxpayers suffer.
Delaware man who police blocked from warning of speed trap wins $50K judgment

Delaware State Police have agreed to pay $50,000 to resolve a federal lawsuit filed by a man who said troopers violated his constitutional rights by preventing him from warning motorists about a speed trap.

A judgment was entered Friday in favor of Jonathan Guessford, 54, who said in the lawsuit that police unlawfully prevented him from engaging in peaceful protest by standing on the roadside and holding up a small cardboard sign reading “Radar Ahead!”

After Guessford raised a middle finger at troopers while driving away from an initial encounter, he was stopped and cited for “improper use of a hand signal.” The charge was later dropped....
:wtf:
The cell phone video shows troopers approaching Guessford, who was standing in a grassy area next to the shoulder of Route 13 north of Dover. Douglas told Guessford that he was “disrupting traffic,” while Gallo, based on a witness report, said Guessford was “jumping into traffic.”

“You are a liar,” Guessford told Gallo.

“I’m on the side of the road, legally parked, with a sign which is protected by the First Amendment,” he told troopers.
:thumbup: :-||
Dascham video shows Douglas twice lunging at Guessford to prevent him from raising his sign. Gallo then ripped it from his hands and tore it up.

“Could you stop playing in traffic now?” Gallo sarcastically asked Guessford.
:roll:
As Guessford drove away, he made an obscene hand gesture at the troopers.
:thumbup: :-||
Dashcam video shows Douglas racing after him at speeds of more than 100 miles per hour (160 kilometers per hour) in a 55 mph zone, followed closely by Gallo and Box.

“Is there a reason why you were doing that?” Douglas asked Guessford after he pulled him over.

Box told Guessford he was engaging in “disorderly conduct” and opened the front passenger door of Guessford’s vehicle.

“Take it to court. That’s what I want you to do,” Box replied after Guessford told troopers he was going to take legal action. Box also threatened to charge Guessford with resisting arrest.

“We’re going to take you in. We’re going to tow the car, and we’ll call social services for the kid,” Box said, referring to Guessford’s young son, who was with Guessford and witnessed his profanity-laden tirade against the officers. “It’s not a threat, it’s a promise,” Box added.

Box’s dashcam audio also captures his subsequent phone call with a supervisor, Lt. Christopher Popp, in which Box acknowledges that citing Guessford for his hand gesture is “pushing it.”

“You can’t do that,” Popp tells Box. “That will be dropped.”

“Yeah, it’s gonna get dropped,” Box replies. “I told (Douglas) it’s definitely going to get thrown out. … I said, ‘Ah, that’s not really going to fly, buddy.’”

Douglas is heard saying that even if the charge would be dropped, it at least “inconvenienced” Guessford.
:angry-banghead: :obscene-birdiered: What about discipline for the abusive, lawbreaking pigs?

I was with a crew prepped to do the same at Missoula's first ever random checkpoint one night, but we couldn't find it. We learned the next day that it had been cancelled due to other citizen opposition. I was proud of Missoula for that.

Good on Jonathan Guessford, still bravely radical at 54.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Over 100 Connecticut State Troopers Accused of Faking Traffic Stops

... A recent audit described “a pattern of record manipulation” and said there was a “high likelihood” that at least 25,966 recorded stops between 2014 and 2021 were false and that as many as 58,553 may have been, at minimum, inaccurate....

The idea that Connecticut’s state police officers may have conducted a yearslong scheme of systematic deceit has shocked the public, embarrassed the state’s law enforcement community and enraged its political leadership at a time of national conversations about police accountability.

The U.S. Department of Justice is investigating, state officials said. Gov. Ned Lamont, a Democrat, has launched a separate inquiry....
Rage is good, but anyone who is "shocked" has not been paying attention. 1312.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:49 pm
Nailed it.
Tiny Texas Town Has 250 Residents – And 50 Cops: ‘Good Lord, That’s Crazy’
'It’s such a small town, why do we need so many?'

A tiny town in Texas has barely 250 total residents but 50 full-time and reserve officers in its police department.

Having a fifth of your town's residents be cops might seem unusual and according to Texas Commission on Law Enforcement records, it is. Coffee City is the only town of its size in the entire state to have this large of a police force. Of the 50 sworn officers, 38 are reserves.

"It’s such a small town, why do we need so many?" Coffee City resident Dylan Smith told KHOU 11.

Smith's fellow Coffee City locals agreed, with Robert Whittington declaring "Good lord, that’s crazy" when told how many police officers are employed in the small town. And Madison said there are cops "everywhere, literally everywhere."
Fascist Amerikkka.
Last year, the town collected more than $1 million in court fines, thanks to the more than 5,100 citations written by Coffee City's officers.

KHOU 11 Investigates discovered that more than half of Coffee City's 50 officers had been "suspended, demoted, terminated, or dishonorably discharged from their previous law enforcement jobs."
:puke-left:
Coffee City police chief John Jay Portillo defended hiring so many officers with shady pasts, saying that "[t]here’s more to just what’s on paper."

"If you go back and look at the totality of the officers’ stuff, I would say 75% if not more … they’re being retaliated against from their agency," Portillo said. "I try to look at the good in everybody and I believe everybody deserves an opportunity."
He believes every crappy and criminal cop "deserves an opportunity."

Coffee City police chief suspended after KHOU 11 Investigation
Chief JohnJay Portillo was suspended for 30 days with pay pending an independent investigation.

Good, outrageous hiring and much more. :---P
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

So it begs the question, who does this sleaze bucket police chief work for? Who hired him, and did they do a proper background check? Are we to believe the town council that he works for doesn't know he has 50 reprobates on his force? Why would they allow that? Oh wait: "Last year, the town collected more than $1 million in court fines, thanks to the more than 5,100 citations written by Coffee City's officers." The chief is fershure gonna claim that he didn't do anything that wasn't approved by the council, and he'll probably be right. He had to have budget for that; he can't hire a bunch of extra people on a 15-person budget.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:44 pm
So it begs the question, who does this sleaze bucket police chief work for? Who hired him, and did they do a proper background check? Are we to believe the town council that he works for doesn't know he has 50 reprobates on his force? Why would they allow that? Oh wait: "Last year, the town collected more than $1 million in court fines, thanks to the more than 5,100 citations written by Coffee City's officers." The chief is fershure gonna claim that he didn't do anything that wasn't approved by the council, and he'll probably be right. He had to have budget for that; he can't hire a bunch of extra people on a 15-person budget.
This could be looked at as conspiracy by the entire town. I doubt it's illegal, especially so since it's texas

Look up Coffee City on Maps - way strange. Lots of boundaries surrounding some and avoiding others. Many "city" areas, even as small as a single property, don't connect. There are lines everywhere in this waterfront resort community with 50 cops and small tree lined streets.
As you gaze at town limits as you've never seen before, gander up to the NW area of the lake houses you see the money maker. This is something everyone had to have been in on
These assholes have incorporated highway 315. Not the land on either side, just the highway. That's where the 5,100 citations were written.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:58 am
This could be looked at as conspiracy by the entire town. I doubt it's illegal, especially so since it's texas

Look up Coffee City on Maps - way strange. Lots of boundaries surrounding some and avoiding others. Many "city" areas, even as small as a single property, don't connect. There are lines everywhere in this waterfront resort community with 50 cops and small tree lined streets.
As you gaze at town limits as you've never seen before, gander up to the NW area of the lake houses you see the money maker. This is something everyone had to have been in on
These assholes have incorporated highway 315. Not the land on either side, just the highway. That's where the 5,100 citations were written.
:roll:

Speaking of brazen abuse . . .

Police Launch Investigation Into Viral Video of Cop Kissing Woman and Joining Her in Backseat of Cruiser (UPDATE)
The clip quickly went viral after being shared on TikTok and Instagram. It's now the subject of a departmental investigation after a slew of people called out the officer's behavior.

Broad daylight, fully public, kids running around, adults watching them . . . and the cop.

Correctional Officer Arrested After Allegedly Stealing ‘Pokémon’ Cards From Walmart While in Uniform
A sheriff in the Alabama county where the reported theft transpired said he is "deeply embarrassed and infuriated" at the individual, who has since been fired.

Opps. :---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.