The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:56 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:18 pm
... If Miller is guilty maybe they'll get one of the 2 accused or other witnesses to roll over on him.

He had 20 points and 12 rebounds in today's 11-point victory over Missouri. Tourney MVP would be sadly ironic.
... I think we held him to 17.
And 13 before that, both weeks after the murder.

Today, Miller led both teams with 23 points, and had the second most rebounds of both teams with 12.
Miller, the tournament MVP and AP All-SEC player and newcomer of the year, posted his ninth double-double of the season.

:roll:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:04 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:56 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:18 pm
... If Miller is guilty maybe they'll get one of the 2 accused or other witnesses to roll over on him.

He had 20 points and 12 rebounds in today's 11-point victory over Missouri. Tourney MVP would be sadly ironic.
... I think we held him to 17.
And 13 before that, both weeks after the murder.

Today, Miller led both teams with 23 points, and had the second most rebounds of both teams with 12.
Miller, the tournament MVP and AP All-SEC player and newcomer of the year, posted his ninth double-double of the season.

:roll:
I didn't watch, but from the times I've watched him the refs had a lot to do with his scoring.

And BTW, we beat them twice as I see it.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:02 am
I didn't watch, but from the times I've watched him the refs had a lot to do with his scoring.

Because of ref bias or because the cops and DA have allowed him to keep playing?
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... don-miller
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:39 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:02 am

Because of ref bias or because the cops and DA have allowed him to keep playing?
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... don-miller
You only have to watch the Auburn vs bammer game to see. Pearl rarely speaks out about the refs, but he did after that game. It's a fun game to watch for the first 55 minutes. The last 5 not so much.

https://1819news.com/news/item/bruce-pe ... abama-joke

I think it's mostly about money. The bammer sec commissioner wants there to be 2 high ranking teams at the end of the season in basketball and football.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:29 pm

I think it's mostly about money. The bammer sec commissioner wants there to be 2 high ranking teams at the end of the season in basketball and football.
All that makes you think maybe the Brett Favre sleaziness at MS really was just "business as usual."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:29 pm
You only have to watch the Auburn vs bammer game to see. Pearl rarely speaks out about the refs, but he did after that game. It's a fun game to watch for the first 55 minutes. The last 5 not so much.

https://1819news.com/news/item/bruce-pe ... abama-joke

Are you saying that biased refs are or were LEOs? That would explain a lot. ;)

Rural Missouri sheriff, 2 deputies arrested in kidnap plot

"Burkett, a Republican, was elected sheriff in 2020". Figures.
I might not typically post about corrupt rural cops - too many to keep track - but there are some excellent comments:
For being such an extreme minority, law enforcement seems to commit a disproportionate amount of crime.
And people wonder how Law Enforcement gets a bad name?
This is my hometown and their actions are absolutely reflective of the entire department because with the exception of 2 other deputies this is the department. Iron Co. has functioned as a mutual back scratching, good ol' boys network since its founding. They live up to every stereotype of small town corruption that exists. Rotten to the core. I hope the feds tear the whole mess open.
The repeated sequence as follows: When a democrat is under investigation of wrongdoing, he often resigns, and always cooperates. When a republican is in the same position, he claims the charges are politically motivated, and obstructs. It's happened time and again.
I once had a female roommate who broke up with her boyfriend. One of the boyfriend buddies was a cop, and one day the detectives showed up at my door asking lot of question about phony drug activities - an intimidating and scare tactic - even I had nothing to do with it. What a bunch of corrupt cops.
i've said it before and i'll say it again.

law enforcement is the world's largest criminal enterprise.
“Good ol’ boys” are dangerous.
Another Republican.

What would they be doing if they weren't always committing crimes?

America really could be great IF the Republicans just stepped aside.
Why is everything "politically motivated" according to MAGA?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:30 pm
That would be because actions taken by MAGA people, like those of their leader, are politically motivated. They do it, so they accuse others of doing it. No mystery there.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:54 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:30 pm
That would be because actions taken by MAGA people, like those of their leader, are politically motivated. They do it, so they accuse others of doing it. No mystery there.
:thumbup: , including crimes, doubly for MAGA LEOs. Fwiw, pics of the perps:

Iron County Sheriff, other department members accused of helping man in alleged parental kidnapping scheme
The Missouri Highway Patrol conducted the investigation and all of the men are now in Washington County jail.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:04 pm
Ex-diplomat's daughter charged with murder in fatal stabbing
A woman arrested on suspicion of fatally stabbing an acquaintance during an argument in a (Rockville) Maryland home has been identified by news reports as a daughter of a former U.S. ambassador (John Negroponte)

It happened in my childhood hometown :shock: .

I feel sorry for the families of the victim and perp, but I have zero sympathy for John Negroponte.

Among other things he was complicit in:
The 1980s massacres and oppression in Honduras and Contra terrorism in Nicaragua;
Cheney/Shrub's invasion of Iraq based on hundreds of lies;
The failed occupation of Iraq;
The spying on Americans;
Cheney/Shrub's failed foreign policy.
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:09 pm
He was also at one time our "ambassador" to Iraq for a short time I think. I would have stabbed myself in the neck before taking that job.
Former US intel director's daughter gets 35 years for murder

How is her father, John Negroponte, not in prison for the thousands of murders he abetted?

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

New Mexico police fatally shoot resident after responding to wrong house

Police in New Mexico fatally shot a man Wednesday night after responding to the wrong house during a domestic violence call, authorities said, in what the police chief described as a "chaotic scene."

The shooting took place shortly before midnight on Wednesday as officers from the local Farmington Police department responded to the call, according to a statement released by the state's Department of Public Safety....

"Once on scene, officers mistakenly approached" the wrong address and knocked on the door. The statement from the state public safety authority said the officers identified themselves as police, but no one answered.

The statement said officer body camera video shows that as the officers backed away from house, the homeowner opened the screen door armed with a handgun. One or multiple officers fired at least one round, striking the homeowner, who police identified as 52-year-old Robert Dotson.

After Dotson was shot, his wife emerged in the doorway and opened fire with a handgun, the public safety agency said, prompting return fire from the officers.

"Once she realized that the individuals outside the residence were officers, she put the gun down and complied with the officer's commands," according to the statement.

Dotson was pronounced dead at the scene by the Office of the Medical Investigator. His wife, who was uninjured, has not been charged with a crime....
:shock:

Maximum penalties for the killer cops, their supervisors and their trainers! 1312.

However, it should be pointed out that if the innocent homeowner didn't answer the knock with a gun, which he had the legal right to do, he would probably be alive. His wife is just lucky that she wasn't shot, or didn't kill.

In fact, a gun in the home INCREASES the danger to the owner and family, not decreases it.

What Researchers Learned About Gun Violence Before Congress Killed Funding
We spoke with the scientist who led the government's research on guns.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I haven't followed this story closely, but we've probably all seen the video of Bob Lee dying from stab wounds outside locked glass doors in SF.
Cash App founder stabbed 3 times, left to 'slowly die' after dispute with suspect, D.A. says

Cash App founder Bob Lee was stabbed three times with a kitchen knife and left to "die slowly" on a San Francisco street, allegedly at the hands of a tech consultant angry over Lee's relationship with his sister, San Francisco prosecutors said Friday....

Nima Momeni, a tech consultant and entrepreneur, was upset over whether anything "inappropriate" had happened with his sister and Lee, according to the documents prosecutors filed in San Francisco Superior Court asking a judge to keep him in custody without bail.

At 2:35 a.m. April 4, Lee, 43, was found bleeding from stab wounds near the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. He was taken to a hospital, where he died....
For more than a week cons and Faux Noise were blaming the homeless and 'soft on crime' Dems.

According to OpenSecrets Nima Momeni donated to Dolt .45 in both 2016 AND 2020. Opps. If anyone sees a con or Faux Noise retraction, please let me know. I won't hold my breath.

To be fair, Momeni also donated to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte in 2020. So, it might not be accurate to call him a RepuQ, but he's definitely Cult .45.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Federal lawsuit filed against members of Antioch, California, police alleges civil rights violations and other misconduct

... The plaintiffs claim a recent investigation into police behavior by the Contra Costa County District Attorney (CCCDA) “highlights a pattern and practice of discriminatory law enforcement based on race and gender” by members of the police department.

The report from the Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office was issued in two parts late last month and was publicly released last week. It named 17 officers in the Antioch Police Department who, per the report, sent or received racist text messages in 2020 and 2021, including use of the n-word and sharing pictures of gorillas in reference to Black people....

Lawsuit alleges officers bragged about beating, made racist remarks

... In one exchange, (officer) Rombough stated that he gave Allen, who is Black, “6 muzzle thumps” and tried to “kick his head over the fence.” Rombough also stated, “I tried to knock him unconscious” and referred to Allen as the n-word and a homophobic slur, according to the complaint.

(lots more incidents detailed)
Lily White GQP CA small town? Nope.
Population (2020)
• City 115,291
• Rank 3rd in Contra Costa County, 55th in California
• Density 3,952.25/sq mi (1,525.96/km2)
• Urban 326,205 (US: 124th)
• Urban density 4,447.4/sq mi (1,717.2/km2)
• Metro 7,468,390
White 40.6%
—Non-Hispanic 27.8%
Black 21.5%
Hispanic or Latino (of any race) 33.2%
Asian 11.7% (est.)
Nice mix!
According to the California Secretary of State, as of February 10, 2019, Antioch has 54,528 registered voters. Of those, 28,773 (52.8%) are registered Democrats, 8,096 (14.8%) are registered Republicans, and 15,012 (27.5%) have declined to state a political party.

• State senator Steve Glazer (D)
• Assembly member Lori Wilson (D)
• United States representatives Josh Harder (D) and Nancy Pelosi (D)

Mayor: Lamar Thorpe 2020–present
:angry-banghead: 1312.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

In a scene a bit weird even by SoCal freeway standards, a CHP stopped a car on the 805. While he was there some other guy pulled up behind him. Cop went over to see what he wanted and the driver waved a knife. Cop heads back toward his car and the guy gets out and walks toward the cop. Cop warns him tells him to drop the knife, then shoots
him. Didn't kill him. So if the guy was wanting suicide by cop he was denied. And either the cop was the worst shot on 5he force to just wound the guy from 10 feet away or he was intentionally trying not to kill him. Knife guy was Hispanic. So starting during morning rush hour and continuing at least to now (about noon) the northbound 805 is shut down creating mass misery for thousands.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:07 pm
In a scene a bit weird even by SoCal freeway standards ...
Not so weird by Mississippi standards ...

Rasheem Carter was found decapitated in Miss. woods. His family believes he was murdered.
The first of Carter’s remains were discovered in a wooded area in November.

1312, beginning even before the murder.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Seriously? Are they just trying to live up to the old joke?

"Rasheem Carter, a 25-year-old Black father who went missing late last year, was found with his head severed from his body and separated from his spinal cord, which was found in a different location near Taylorsville, Miss.

The Smith County Sheriff’s Office originally ruled that there was no foul play in the death of Carter, whose remains were first found in November, but now say they are still investigating along with the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation."
Old tasteless and offensive joke:
Spoiler:
Two Mississippi cops find a black guy at the bottom of the river, totally wrapped up in chains. One cop turns to the other and says, "ain't that just like a nigger - trying to steal more chain than he can swim with."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:17 pm
Seriously? Are they just trying to live up to the old joke?

"Rasheem Carter, a 25-year-old Black father who went missing late last year, was found with his head severed from his body and separated from his spinal cord, which was found in a different location near Taylorsville, Miss.

The Smith County Sheriff’s Office originally ruled that there was no foul play in the death of Carter, whose remains were first found in November, but now say they are still investigating along with the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation."
Old tasteless and offensive joke:
Spoiler:
Two Mississippi cops find a black guy at the bottom of the river, totally wrapped up in chains. One cop turns to the other and says, "ain't that just like a nigger - trying to steal more chain than he can swim with."
Yup.

New tasteless and offensive joke:
Spoiler:

Mississippi cops: "Ain't that just like a nigger - done lost his head even though it was attached."
I thought that I was going to be putting this in the Dumb headlines thread, but I wasn't accounting for how crappy Mississippi cops are. 1312.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Lady O and I have a running joke, that we once got from a real show, where a victim is found shot multiple times or a bunch of knife holes, and the police "suspect foul play." Had no idea how close to reality that could be. One might like to ask, when have you or anybody ever found a headless body that was anything other than "foul play"?

I guess the answer is "whenever it's a Black guy."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:51 pm
Lady O and I have a running joke, that we once got from a real show, where a victim is found shot multiple times or a bunch of knife holes, and the police "suspect foul play." Had no idea how close to reality that could be. One might like to ask, when have you or anybody ever found a headless body that was anything other than "foul play"?

I guess the answer is "whenever it's a Black guy."
Yup.

Manslaughter for a poorly trained, brand new, 22 year old stop-and-rob clerk that had nothing to do with the shooter and just panicked? :wtf:

Gas station clerk charged with manslaughter for locking doors before customers shot

I guess the answer is "whenever it's a Muslim guy."
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:15 pm
Aderrien Murry: Mississippi boy, 11, shot by officer after calling police

:x 1312.

Fire him and lock him up.
That's what the boy's mom says. Me too.