The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Too bad there isn't a fish slap app that could be run in abusive cop situations.....like a fish slap out of nowhere the way that female announcer up above got fish slapped. It's the best fish slap i've ever seen.

And I'm glad that child molester from sown the road from me got what was coming to him. He's now likely on the ride of his life since his offense is at the bottom of the prison social set.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:09 am
Too bad there isn't a fish slap app that could be run in abusive cop situations.....like a fish slap out of nowhere the way that female announcer up above got fish slapped. It's the best fish slap i've ever seen.

And I'm glad that child molester from sown the road from me got what was coming to him. He's now likely on the ride of his life since his offense is at the bottom of the prison social set.
:thumbup: Here's one abusive cop fish slap.

Supreme court rejects Chauvin’s appeal of George Floyd murder conviction
Decision affirms Minneapolis ex-police officer’s conviction for second-degree murder and sentence of over 20 years in prison

:---P :clap:

Chauvin's attorney is William Mohrmann, whose firm has taken on other RW causes:
Arizona 2020 presidential election results denial
COVIDiots
https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/ ... or-appeal/

I wonder who is paying the bills.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Rough month for the murderer:
Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted in George Floyd's killing, stabbed in prison, AP source says

Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of murdering George Floyd, was stabbed by another inmate and seriously injured Friday at a federal prison in Arizona, a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.
No one could have EVER predicted this :roll:
... Chauvin’s stabbing is the second high-profile attack on a federal prisoner in the last five months. In July, disgraced sports doctor Larry Nassar was stabbed by a fellow inmate at a federal penitentiary in Florida.
That one made me sad, too :violin:
... It is also the second major incident at the Tucson federal prison in a little over a year. In November 2022, an inmate at the facility’s low-security prison camp pulled out a gun and attempted to shoot a visitor in the head. The weapon, which the inmate shouldn’t have had, misfired and no one was hurt....
The "inmate shouldn’t have had" a gun? Good to know. I approve of this policy.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Best possible outcome, about 2 1/4 hours from me:
Officers shoot at, kill man during child sex predator sting in Kannapolis

... The 33-year-old man thought he was talking to a 15-year-old girl and traveled to Bellwood Place to have sex with her, Kannapolis Police and Cabarrus County Sheriff’s Office wrote in a joint news release....

Officers from both agencies were waiting for the suspect, who police have not yet named, when he entered the home, refused arrest and shot at police.

Officers fired back, and the man died at the scene, according to the news release....
No mention of where the perp lived. What did he intend to use the gun for? Good on the cops, but it might be best to do these stings in less developed hoods.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Not a good outcome, October 2, 2022:
Sheriff’s Deputies In California Reportedly Kill An Unarmed 15-Year-Old Girl Fleeing From Her Kidnapper
Anthony Graziano allegedly killed his wife and kidnapped his 15-year-old daughter, Savannah. Eventually, this led him to a shootout with police in which both he and his daughter were killed.

On Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2022, police engaged in a shootout with a man accused of fatally shooting his wife and kidnapping his 15-year-old daughter in California. During the shootout, however, the girl ran toward police for help — and they shot her to death.

According to an initial report by ABC 7, San Bernardino County Sheriff Shannon Dicus said that evidence suggested 15-year-old Savannah Graziano, was “a participant in shooting at our deputies.”

However, it later came to light that she was likely unarmed, according to the Los Angeles Times....

The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department later notified the California Department of Justice that the shooting could qualify under AB 1506, a law which requires the department to investigate cases in which “the death to the unarmed civilian is caused by a California peace officer.” ...
No sympathy for murdering dad from me and it's possible that Savannah consented to her kidnapping. However, what I find interesting is that this is the most current article I can find. Where are the results of the CA DoJ investigation and why isn't the media raising hell over the lack of followup when LEOs kill a kid?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A US marshal was accused of getting drunk and sexually assaulting a passenger during a Delta flight to London

... He and a colleague were heading to London to bring a suspect facing federal fraud-related charges back to Brooklyn, the news outlet reported.

London's Metropolitan Police told Business Insider in an email that it received reports at 6.30 a.m. that a passenger on board the flight had been disruptive.

The police spokesperson said the man "sexually assaulted other passengers and crew."

He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and taken into custody, where he remains, police said.

NBC News reported that the second marshal, who is not facing any charges, was sent back to New York the same day....
Opps. They both get fired depending on whether the second US marshal attempted to intervene to stop his colleague.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Fire him/them.
But there ought to be a difference in "sexual assault" and "inappropriate touch," which is what was reported happened. Sure you could make a case that any inappropriate touch of boobs, leg grope or "pussy grabbing" is a sexual assault, but why would you? What are you going to call an actual rape or attempt?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:51 pm
Fire him/them.
But there ought to be a difference in "sexual assault" and "inappropriate touch," which is what was reported happened. Sure you could make a case that any inappropriate touch of boobs, leg grope or "pussy grabbing" is a sexual assault, but why would you? What are you going to call an actual rape or attempt?
Idk UK law, but Wiki says:
Sexual assault is an act in which one intentionally sexually touches another person without that person's consent, or coerces or physically forces a person to engage in a sexual act against their will. It is a form of sexual violence that includes child sexual abuse, groping, rape (forced sexual penetration, no matter how slight), drug facilitated sexual assault, and the torture of the person in a sexual manner.
Rape is a type of sexual assault involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration carried out against a person without their consent. The act may be carried out by physical force, coercion, abuse of authority, or against a person who is incapable of giving valid consent, such as one who is unconscious, incapacitated, has an intellectual disability, or is below the legal age of consent. The term rape is sometimes used interchangeably with the term sexual assault....
I'm not sure there's an issue. Sexual assault is the broad category, rape is a specific act within it and carries consequences more severe than inappropriate touch. We saw this in the ex-PINO defamation trial where the jury found that there was sexual assault proved but not rape.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So we're happy with a definition of "sexual assault" so broad that it encompasses everything from party fouls to drugged and forced gang-bang.
Doesn't really matter. Nobody is going to ask me if I'd like it changed. I just get picky about things every now and then.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:21 pm
So we're happy with a definition of "sexual assault" so broad that it encompasses everything from party fouls to drugged and forced gang-bang.
Doesn't really matter. Nobody is going to ask me if I'd like it changed. I just get picky about things every now and then.
As long as there's differentiation in irl punishments I'm "happy" having a broad category. It's not like I'm a linguist, pol or lawyer.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:29 pm
Jesus, that poor woman.

https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/stat ... 0102499380
Bad cops, no donuts.

Not Highland Park, but still . . .
Chicago taxpayers have paid nearly $700 million since 2000 in lawsuits by people who say police framed them
The payouts from the 300 cases have included $140 million that went to lawyers for the city and $537 million paid to plaintiffs.

... The tally covers only federal lawsuits and does not include fees awarded to the plaintiffs’ lawyers. Also not included are police-related lawsuits alleging misconduct such as false arrest and excessive force, or for crashes and fatal shootings.

“The city is looking at, easily, a billion-dollar liability over the last 23 years, with plenty more on tap,” said Andrew M. Stroth, a civil rights attorney whose nonprofit organization, Truth, Hope & Justice, collaborated on the report with the global law firm Ropes & Gray, the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance and Chicago-based insurance and risk management firm Aon....

In a corporate environment “you’d measure your costs of stricter, more robust training or more robust compliance procedures against the cost of having real negative outcomes that have a human cost ... as well as a financial cost,” Zeltser said.

Given the volume of cases related to wrongful convictions, the city could have developed a matrix to evaluate the likelihood of winning a case at trial and the potential costs of a jury verdict against the city, said Jon Loevy, whose firm Loevy & Loevy has handled nearly half of the wrongful-conviction lawsuits against the city....

“My clients are seeking justice for having their lives destroyed, they are not the villains of this story,” Loevy said. “When we have done cases in California or New York, if you bring a meritorious case, they usually come out of the box with a reasonable offer.

“Here, you go to trial and it seems to be more of a lottery where one guy gets $7 million, another guy gets $20 [million] and maybe both of them would have settled for more like $8 million,” he added. “And you’ve saved millions in attorney’s fees.” ...
Cop culture? Pol incompetence? Police union interference?

LEO's elsewhere:

Do NOT threaten police with a Sharpie object.
Man Shot and Killed by Denver Police Was Holding Marker, Not a Knife
:crazy: :(

To protect and serve . . . drugs?
NYPD Cop Busted Trying to Sell ‘Top Quality’ Fentanyl, Heroin to Undercover Agents
Grace Baez told an informant she could sell them a kilo of heroin for $25,000, and 800 grams of fentanyl with the price dependent on the drug’s purity

:shock: Those are huge quantities.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:51 pm
Fire him/them.
We allowed a great Senator to be kicked out of the Senate for “non-touch joke”
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:26 am

I'd prefer to say "they" instead of "we" but yes, and that's somewhat my point. If a term is too broad/inclusive, it'll equate a butt slap with a rape.

I know as Vrede said, there are sub-categories for legal purposes, but in general perception, "sexual assault' includes way too much.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:57 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:26 am

I'd prefer to say "they" instead of "we" but yes, and that's somewhat my point. If a term is too broad/inclusive, it'll equate a butt slap with a rape.

I know as Vrede said, there are sub-categories for legal purposes, but in general perception, "sexual assault' includes way too much.
There’s an age problem too.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Hell, when you get right down to it, me seeing an attractive woman in a string bikini could be perceived (by me) as sexual assault. But I'm not likely to lodge a complaint over it.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:38 am
Hell, when you get right down to it, me seeing an attractive woman in a string bikini could be perceived (by me) as sexual assault. But I'm not likely to lodge a complaint over it.

"I've looked on a lot of women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times."

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:20 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:38 am

"I've looked on a lot of women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times."
Ah, yes, the famous Carter confession. I know how he feels.....not many years ago there was at least half a chance I'd fall in love every time I went to the grocery store. And I don't even want to mention the beach. :shock:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:28 pm
Judge reinstates murder charge against Philadelphia police officer in fatal shooting of motorist

:---P

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

Hey Municipal Judge Wendy Pew and murdering, lying former pig Mark Dial:

neoplacebo wrote:
Too bad there isn't a fish slap app that could be run in abusive cop situations.....like a fish slap out of nowhere the way that female announcer up above got fish slapped. It's the best fish slap I've ever seen....
I like the idea of fishslap justice for abusive cops. It's not like the system will do it, usually:

North Carolina officer who repeatedly struck woman during arrest gets 40-hour suspension

Oooh, an unpaid week's vacation. That will teach him :roll:

Where's the assault charge, the compensation offer to the victim?
... Jennings said Pistone will also receive additional training....
I could do that for cheap: Don't be a dick, pig.
... Prior to the internal probe, a police spokesman said that Pistone's blows were consistent with his training and intended to get the woman to comply with commands by striking a nerve in the leg.
Cop bosses lie by instinct :obscene-birdiered:
... Police have declined to release information on the officers' races.
I'd like to solve the puzzle, Pat. Victim:

Brutal cop beating the prone and handcuffed victim:
https://www.wbtv.com/2023/12/12/cmpd-of ... hief-says/

Ding ding ding!

The names of the other cops who beat Pierre? Nope :puke-left:

So, what about the initial excuse for the White cops to violently harass the Black couple peacefully sitting on a bench?
... The Mecklenburg County District Attorney’s Office dismissed Pierre’s and Lee’s charges late last month.

“After consideration of the body-worn camera evidence and the various recorded accounts of police and civilian witnesses present, based on the totality of the circumstances, the State does not have a reasonable likelihood of success at any potential trial on this matter,” prosecutor Sheena Gatehouse wrote in Pierre’s dismissal paperwork.
Yep, the entire event was :bs: Fishslap all of the cops!
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

And let us all keep in mind that if any one of us even touched a cop during any encounter, we'd be charged with assaulting an officer. Or worse.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:15 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:28 pm
Judge reinstates murder charge against Philadelphia police officer in fatal shooting of motorist

:---P

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

Hey Municipal Judge Wendy Pew and murdering, lying former pig Mark Dial:

neoplacebo wrote:
Too bad there isn't a fish slap app that could be run in abusive cop situations.....like a fish slap out of nowhere the way that female announcer up above got fish slapped. It's the best fish slap I've ever seen....
I like the idea of fishslap justice for abusive cops. It's not like the system will do it, usually:

North Carolina officer who repeatedly struck woman during arrest gets 40-hour suspension

Oooh, an unpaid week's vacation. That will teach him :roll:

Where's the assault charge, the compensation offer to the victim?
... Jennings said Pistone will also receive additional training....
I could do that for cheap: Don't be a dick, pig.
... Prior to the internal probe, a police spokesman said that Pistone's blows were consistent with his training and intended to get the woman to comply with commands by striking a nerve in the leg.
Cop bosses lie by instinct :obscene-birdiered:
... Police have declined to release information on the officers' races.
I'd like to solve the puzzle, Pat. Victim:

Brutal cop beating the prone and handcuffed victim:
https://www.wbtv.com/2023/12/12/cmpd-of ... hief-says/

Ding ding ding!

The names of the other cops who beat Pierre? Nope :puke-left:

So, what about the initial excuse for the White cops to violently harass the Black couple peacefully sitting on a bench?
... The Mecklenburg County District Attorney’s Office dismissed Pierre’s and Lee’s charges late last month.

“After consideration of the body-worn camera evidence and the various recorded accounts of police and civilian witnesses present, based on the totality of the circumstances, the State does not have a reasonable likelihood of success at any potential trial on this matter,” prosecutor Sheena Gatehouse wrote in Pierre’s dismissal paperwork.
Yep, the entire event was :bs: Fishslap all of the cops!
“Officer suspended for striking woman during Charlotte arrest, chief says”

Hats off to muddy waters provided by Luke Tucker, Mary Calvin's and Brad Dickerson for the misleading headline. From the headline it almost looks as if the cop was punished.