The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Wneglia
Midshipman

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Wneglia »

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

What the hell is with Florida? I don't know what it is, but it seems there's just a continual stream of bad craziness that emanates from there.....last year we had the naked face muncher / zombie guy, the continuing Zimmerman saga, the guy who got shot in his own yard (can't remember if that one was Florida or not). I know here in Hendersonville, I avoid cars with Florida plates; too many encounters with sudden erratic / stupid movements, rolling uncertainty, and general bad driving. I can now generally spot them in the grocery store; the aura of ignorant arrogance is one clue.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:What the hell is with Florida? I don't know what it is, but it seems there's just a continual stream of bad craziness that emanates from there.....last year we had the naked face muncher / zombie guy, the continuing Zimmerman saga, the guy who got shot in his own yard (can't remember if that one was Florida or not). I know here in Hendersonville, I avoid cars with Florida plates; too many encounters with sudden erratic / stupid movements, rolling uncertainty, and general bad driving. I can now generally spot them in the grocery store; the aura of ignorant arrogance is one clue.
you left out that half the population is old and mad at the world because they are old.
and mad enough that they elected a bald man who looks like voldermort, who stole 2 billion dollars from their medicare to purchase the gov's office, but promised them that he is a true blue tea bagger who will reject all federal funding for health care, high speed rails and jobs also he will close all those nasty "public" schools and let them shoot anyone who looks at them funny* (he also told the cops that it is okay to shoot old people who look at them funny)

* funny - meaning doesn't look like your friends from new york
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Today former Buncombe County deputy Jason (I'll shoot and kill your dog, then hang out with felons and hookers until I lose my job and be revealed as the dumbass I actually am) Honeycutt goes to court for his tryst with the felon and the hooker, which he claimed to be a case of assault on him and his vehicle being stolen. I'd go watch if I didn't have to miss work.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Florida to excavate remains of boys who died at reform school

Okay, seriously, what the blue fuck is wrong in Florida? Is there some as-yet-undiscovered strain of bacteria- wingnuttus dumbassiform- affecting the water supply? Is Obama's secret CIA air force laying chemtrails of retard gas over the Sunshit State? Seriously, WTF is going on down there?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Boatrocker wrote:Florida to excavate remains of boys who died at reform school

Okay, seriously, what the blue fuck is wrong in Florida? Is there some as-yet-undiscovered strain of bacteria- wingnuttus dumbassiform- affecting the water supply? Is Obama's secret CIA air force laying chemtrails of retard gas over the Sunshit State? Seriously, WTF is going on down there?
I remember reading about this about six months ago somewhere.....at the time I thought it was strange. As if this place was a dead end for "incorrigible" youth or something. The fact that they've been agonizing over it since I first heard of it is also strange; guess they're afraid of what they'll find. But it is Florida.......

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:Florida to excavate remains of boys who died at reform school

I remember reading about this about six months ago somewhere.....at the time I thought it was strange. As if this place was a dead end for "incorrigible" youth or something. The fact that they've been agonizing over it since I first heard of it is also strange; guess they're afraid of what they'll find. But it is Florida.......
Investigation on this has been going on for a long time. The place was basically the same as Angola, except sorta in Florida instead of Louisiana, and for kids. The kids that ended up there weren't necessarily incorrigible, but were pretty much unwanted or thrown away. Given Marianna's location (middle of nowhere in the Panhandle about 10 miles south of Alabama, it's no surprise that they tended to kill of the black ones. Given events like Rosewood, the conduct at Marianna wouldn't have been that outrageous at the time. Of course, the place only closed relatively recently.

There's still a Florida "correction center" in Marianna, along with many examples of billybobus redneckus in its native habitat.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

I once had relatives in the Marianna area (Two Egg, FL, actually) and I spent my teen years just over the Alabama line in Coffee County; it's hard to feign surprise at this, but still . . . seems as though FL has been flying mostly under the radar for 50 years or so, and suddenly decided that they could be just a big a bunch of whackjobs as Texass.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:I once had relatives in the Marianna area (Two Egg, FL, actually) and I spent my teen years just over the Alabama line in Coffee County; it's hard to feign surprise at this, but still . . . seems as though FL has been flying mostly under the radar for 50 years or so, and suddenly decided that they could be just a big a bunch of whackjobs as Texass.
Florida has always had the crazy old uncle living out back behind Disney and South Beach. But only relatively recently have they begun electing them to office in any significant numbers.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Cop confronts pit bull, pit bull loves cop, all is right in the world.

No fan of pit bulls, here, but nonetheless, this poor fella is lucky he didn't have some hickville NC cop respond to this call, eh?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I read about this earlier today. It really made me feel sorry for the husband of the judge's sidebar. If all that stuff happened to me, I'd be so pissed off I would probably do something illegal about it. But I suppose that was the judge's plan. I hope he suffers mightily. And I also suppose the husband won't have to work at the coal mine much longer. Don't know about the sidebar.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:Cop confronts pit bull, pit bull loves cop, all is right in the world.

No fan of pit bulls, here, but nonetheless, this poor fella is lucky he didn't have some hickville NC cop respond to this call, eh?

in fla, our cops climb in your windows in the middle of the night and shoot dogs that make them "feel" threatened (2nd article - the 1st is a follow up on mr. middleton)

More on the high escambia county sheriff defending his deps for shooting an unarmed man in his car in his driveway because they “felt” threatened when the man complied with their orders
And now he defends cops for shooting a couple’s dogs while the cops were breaking and entering for no reason and off course they had to drag the law abiding couple out of bed and handcuff them – after all, it was their fault for having their dogs in their home

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... oting.html

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130806/NEW ... -dogs-shot

and another goodie from the high sheriff
asshole tries to get ring back from ex
ex ain’t got the fucking ring
cops break down door and daughter tells them that the asshole has her Mom
Mom is trying to talk the asshole out of being stupid and cops start firing, hitting the asshole in the hand and hitting the Mom 5 times
Asshole get life in prison
Florida rules cops justified
http://www.weartv.com/template/cgi-bin/ ... hsV98Q.xml

and consider this – the last sheriff was sent packing because of too many shooting
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede wrote:It getting old, hardly worth reporting. Now "Dog Shoots Cop" would be a real story.
yeah, but this is the first I've heard of cops breaking and entering an innocent pesons house and then shooting their dogs

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede wrote:Arpaio vs. Militia

Tough to pick a side.
I think it would be perfectly in keeping with the new spirit of Wild West Amurka if they would arm themselves to the teeth and shoot it out to the finish in some remote desert spot.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

It would seem that "Diante" has struck again.....early Sunday morning the son of the Asheville police chief flipped his car, blew a .16, and was bailed out by his mommy. He goes to court this morning according to WLOS. Maybe if they gave the kid a police car, he'd have better luck.

O Really
Admiral

And Columbia, SC wants to evict their homeless... http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/26/us/so ... d=all&_r=0

O Really
Admiral

Damn, pigs must be flying in a frozen over Hell. They're actually charging the guy... http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09 ... d-man?lite

O Really
Admiral

At least this idiot got fired, as well he should. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09 ... -job?lite=

Having a "right" to do something doesn't give you the "right" to keep your employment. Whether one agrees with his point of view or not, who could defend his behaviour as a police chief?

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:At least this idiot got fired, as well he should. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09 ... -job?lite=

Having a "right" to do something doesn't give you the "right" to keep your employment. Whether one agrees with his point of view or not, who could defend his behaviour as a police chief?
Google it. The internet is full of wingnuts defending this asshole. Of course if, by "who", you meant "who among rational folks," that's a different matter.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.