The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:55 am
Damn, I totally missed it.
How did y'all celebrate National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day 2023?

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/natio ... g-officers
Same as every year:

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Discussion last August:
viewtopic.php?p=173217&hilit=Worcester#p173217

Arkansas officers charged in violent arrest caught on video

Two former Arkansas law enforcement officers are charged with civil rights violations in the violent arrest of a man outside a convenience store that was caught on video and widely shared on social media, the Justice Department said Tuesday.

Former Crawford County sheriff's deputies Zack King and Levi White are charged in the Aug. 21 arrest of 27-year-old Randal Worcester outside a convenience store in the small town of Mulberry, about 140 miles (220 kilometers) northwest of Little Rock, near the border with Oklahoma.

In an indictment unsealed Tuesday, a federal grand jury charged White and King with using excessive force by hitting Worcester multiple times while he was on the ground. A bystander recorded the arrest on a cellphone....

If convicted, each deputy faces up to 10 years in prison.

Charges were not announced against Mulberry police officer Thell Riddle, who was also on the video. Former Crawford County Sheriff Jimmy Damante fired King and White in October.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :---P :---P GoMerrickGo.

Why not accessory Riddle, too? It's a riddle. This is the feds, as for Crawford County:
... Worcester was treated at a hospital then jailed on charges including second-degree battery and resisting arrest. He was released the following day on a $15,000 bond. Worcester’s lawsuit said he has permanent injuries and will need continued medical treatment.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tyre Nichols and Paul Pelosi videos - read the descriptions, can't watch. :(
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I didn't search it out, but I did end up watching some of the Tyre Nichols video on network news, horrifying. I'm glad the medics were fired, too, hope there are charges.

Wow, rapid firing and charging when murder by pigs is obvious leads universally peaceful protest. Who would have guessed?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:24 am
I didn't search it out, but I did end up watching some of the Tyre Nichols video on network news, horrifying. I'm glad the medics were fired, too, hope there are charges.

Wow, rapid firing and charging when murder by pigs is obvious leads universally peaceful protest. Who would have guessed?
Haven't watched, don't plan to. What did the medics do/ fail to do?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:36 am
I haven't looked at all the details, but my understanding is that they were on scene for 10 minutes before doing anything, contributing to the total 20 minute delay in care after Tyre was subdued and unconscious. Idk that they could have prevented his eventual demise, but it still sucks.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

:headscratch: :shock:
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:26 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:36 am
I haven't looked at all the details, but my understanding is that they were on scene for 10 minutes before doing anything, contributing to the total 20 minute delay in care after Tyre was subdued and unconscious. Idk that they could have prevented his eventual demise, but it still sucks.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:39 pm
At first I wondered if the cops had denied access - trying to give the medics the benefit of the doubt even though I have risked arrest by providing volunteer care in the past. However, now that they have been fired I think it's likely that the medics failed in their duty of care. If so, lock them up, it makes them accessories to murder after the fact!
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:58 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:39 pm
At first I wondered if the cops had denied access - trying to give the medics the benefit of the doubt even though I have risked arrest by providing volunteer care in the past. However, now that they have been fired I think it's likely that the medics failed in their duty of care. If so, lock them up, it makes them accessories to murder after the fact!
Without knowing the facts, it seems mind boggling on it's face. Now I gotta look it up.

Edit: Murky and probably sleazy.

https://www.aol.com/3-memphis-emts-fire ... 29934.html

Timeline...sorta.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/how-di ... 023-01-31/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:11 pm
Without knowing the facts, it seems mind boggling on it's face. Now I gotta look it up.

Timeline...sorta.

Thanks, even worse than I described. Not that it reduces the duty of care, but I didn't realize that they are were FD EMTs rather than ambulance paramedics. I'm a little less surprised.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:30 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:11 pm

Timeline...sorta.

Thanks, even worse than I described. Not that it reduces the duty of care, but I didn't realize that they are were FD EMTs rather than ambulance paramedics. I'm a little less surprised.
We are re-populating all government jobs with kick down the doors, no concern for the injured, military pukes.
It's the future, no state is safe.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:00 pm
We are re-populating all government jobs with kick down the doors, no concern for the injured, military pukes.
All accounts are that Tyre was loving, responsible, great guy. Some slight irony that this happened in Memphis, Tennessee where Martin Luther King Jr. was slain.

In 1991, the Lorraine Motel was converted into the National Civil Rights Museum (National Park Service). I didn't know that. Tyre Nichols was murdered about 15 miles away.

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/local ... ICFFL7SH4/
The National Civil Rights Museum mourns another tragedy in the death of Tyre Nichols. We extend our deepest sympathy to his family fighting for justice in his killing. A killing while in police custody. A traffic stop that resulted in his death. We call for justice for Tyre Nichols. We call for continued immediacy in gathering the facts and evidence in Tyre Nichols’ death. We call for criminal accountability of the police officers who ended his life. We applaud Police Chief Cerelyn Davis for taking “immediate and appropriate action” in firing the five officers accused in the killing. We encourage Chief Davis to determine the best approach to assess past actions and history of all individual police officers for demeanor that may contribute to future deadly excessive force. The death of Tyre Nichols is a civil rights issue. As it should be, the case is now both a criminal and civil rights investigation. Our hearts remain heavy that another Black life has tragically ended. As a community, we cannot remain silent. We must seek justice for Tyre Nichols. For him. For his family. And for all who call Memphis home.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

As I said, We are re-populating all government jobs with kick down the doors, no concern for the injured, military pukes.

The Memphis Chief of Leo was trained in Israel by kick down the doors and beat the hell out of 2nd class people Israeli Security assholes.

https://theintercept.com/2023/02/02/mem ... ce-israel/
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:13 pm
As I said, We are re-populating all government jobs with kick down the doors, no concern for the injured, military pukes.

The Memphis Chief of Leo was trained in Israel by kick down the doors and beat the hell out of 2nd class people Israeli Security assholes.

https://theintercept.com/2023/02/02/mem ... ce-israel/
Imposing America's fuzzy apartheid.
... By the time she became chief in Durham, Davis seems to have changed her tune on such programs. The apparent coolness on the police-Israeli relationships came following pressure from local activists and a national campaign to end U.S.-Israel police exchanges.

In 2018, Durham became the first city in the U.S. to ban police trainings and exchanges involving Israel’s military. At the time, Davis wrote in a memo that she had “no intention to participate or initiate an exchange with Israel,” which prompted two Israeli volunteer police officers to sue her and the Durham police department for discrimination....
:thumbup: No word on the lawsuit resolution.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:28 pm
The worst Attorney General in the country, Texas' Ken Paxton, gets slapped down again:

Texas court: Compensate man wrongly convicted in cop's death

"unanimously"

:clap: :---P

Also, the coverup by police and prosecutors means that the real cop killer was never charged or punished.
Ken Paxton to pay $3.3m to ex-staffers who accused Texas AG of corruption
State attorney general must also apologize to four former aides whose claims initiated ongoing FBI investigation

The attorney general for the state of Texas, Ken Paxton, has agreed to apologize and pay $3.3m in taxpayer money to four former staffers who accused him of corruption in 2020, igniting an ongoing FBI investigation of the three-term Republican.

Under terms of a preliminary lawsuit settlement filed on Friday, Paxton made no admission of wrongdoing to accusations of bribery and abuse of office, which he has denied for years and called politically motivated.

But Paxton did commit to making a remarkable public apology toward some of his formerly trusted advisers whom he fired or forced out after they reported him to the FBI. He called them “rogue employees” after they accused Paxton of misusing his office to help one of his campaign contributors, who also employed a woman with whom the attorney general acknowledged having an extramarital affair.

Both sides signed a mediated agreement that was filed in the Texas supreme court and will be followed by a longer, formalized settlement.

“Attorney general Ken Paxton accepts that plaintiffs acted in a manner that they thought was right and apologizes for referring to them as ‘rogue employees’,” the final settlement must state, according to court records....

While swearing in Paxton to another four years on the job last month, Texas’s Republican governor, Greg Abbott, described it as an easy call during the midterm elections to keep backing him.

“I supported Ken Paxton because I thought the way he was running the attorney general’s office was the right way to run the attorney general’s office,” Abbott said.
:roll: :obscene-birdiered: :obscene-birdiered:

I feel bad for the Texas taxpayers had aren't among the 53.4% (4,278,986) assholes and idiots that just reelected him in Nov. Can't blame the former aides, $82K is a lot to risk on a roll of the (trial) dice.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Alabama man froze to death in jail after officers put him in freezer as possible 'punishment,' lawsuit alleges

... Walker County Jail officials allegedly placed Anthony "Tony" Mitchell, 33, "in a restraint chair in the jail kitchen's walk-in freezer or similar frigid enforcement and left [him] there for hours," possibly "as punishment for deputies who had ‘had a time with Tony,’" according to the complaint.
Walker County is in north central Alabama. The jail is probably in Jasper. Since it's always a question, Tony Mitchell was White, as are at least some of the jailers.
He died on Jan. 26.

"While Tony languished naked and dying of hypothermia in the early morning hours of January 26 and his chances for survival trickled away, numerous corrections officers and medical staff wandered over to his open cell door to spectate and be entertained by his condition," the complaint states.

Photos included in the complaint show officers handling Mitchell, who appears limp, in various areas throughout the jail.

Mitchell's body temperature was apparently 72 degrees when jail officials put him in a sheriff's vehicle on the morning of Jan. 26 and drove him to the hospital rather than calling an ambulance, according to the lawsuit....

Mitchell's mother, Margaret Mitchell, brought the lawsuit against Walker County Sheriff Nick Smith, 10 corrections officers, two nurses and one investigator.
:shock: :puke-left: :obscene-birdiered: No mention of charges, firings, or even suspensions. Lock them up.
... The complaint also mentions a corrections officer who displayed "heroism" when she "dared to preserve security camera footage on her phone and get the recordings to the [Mitchell] Estate." ...
:clap: :-||
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

For "Random Acts of Kindness" day, Oceanside police gave out some money and breakfasts, continuing an occasional practice started a few years ago when somebody donated $20,000 to hand out to people who needed it. Still funded by donations. Not your usual police publicity.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/videos/ocea ... s/3170329/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:39 pm
For "Random Acts of Kindness" day, Oceanside police gave out some money and breakfasts, continuing an occasional practice started a few years ago when somebody donated $20,000 to hand out to people who needed it. Still funded by donations. Not your usual police publicity.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/videos/ocea ... s/3170329/
:-||

Meanwhile, in Assville:
https://mountainx.com/opinion/whose-spa ... lic-space/

:problem: :(
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Get this: black kid brings his friend a loaded gun and then uses his car to block the victim's car so his buddy can shoot her.
Sheriff’s chief deppity says, "There’s nothing we could charge him with,’' according to the law, she said."

And his coach says, "not in any trouble” as a result of his alleged involvement."

“Brandon hasn’t been in any type of trouble nor is he in any type of trouble in this case. Wrong spot at the wrong time,”

https://www.al.com/news/2023/02/darius- ... stify.html

More in our Sports section.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:46 pm
Get this: black kid brings his friend a loaded gun and then uses his car to block the victim's car so his buddy can shoot her.
Sheriff’s chief deppity says, "There’s nothing we could charge him with,’' according to the law, she said."

And his coach says, "not in any trouble” as a result of his alleged involvement."

“Brandon hasn’t been in any type of trouble nor is he in any type of trouble in this case. Wrong spot at the wrong time,”

https://www.al.com/news/2023/02/darius- ... stify.html

More in our Sports section.
I saw a slightly different headline and was ready to crow with you about it. Then, I read the no charges, "not in any trouble” :bs: . :roll: I hope her family raises hell, but maybe the alumni have already bought them off.
1312. ETTD.