???

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

???

Unread post by Mr.B »

Where are all the older forum members? Seems only 4 or 5 total members are actively posting.
I've not seen any recent posts from K9nanny, Det. Thorn, nascarfan88, any others...

I'm not going to argue with myself......no way!

O Really
Admiral

Re: ???

Unread post by O Really »

K9 still shows up occasionally. The Detective and Nascar changed their names and moved to some right wing paradise site. Bungalow and others here have the link. Sorry, I don't.

Good to have you around, Curmudgeon.

Nihilo

Unread post by Nihilo »

Perhaps the "Forum Rule" message at the top of the screen explains the scarcity of posters.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Nihilo wrote:Perhaps the "Forum Rule" message at the top of the screen explains the scarcity of posters.
I don't think so. Why would you think that?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

http://www.conservativepoliticalforum.com is where Big Ugly/Det. Thorn/Nascar hang out now. Det. Thorn got caught in a huge lie and when confronted about it, he.... well he couldn't accept it and did what Det. Thorn is known for. Every once in a while I believe they all show up to troll, and I'm pretty sure they still read here.

I think it's a bit more peaceful with them gone anyway. There's a whole lot less name calling.

Nihilo

Unread post by Nihilo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Nihilo wrote:Perhaps the "Forum Rule" message at the top of the screen explains the scarcity of posters.
Never seen such a prominent warning of this kind on a forum before. Why have it unless there has been a problem?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I think there was some sort of problem in the recent past with someone partially or actually identifying another poster....not sure how it came about. I personally don't care if someone wants to know personal stuff about me; I was once a pair of ragged claws scuttling across the floors of silent seas, became "placebo" and subsuquently transformed into "neoplacebo." No idea what's next......

bannination
Captain

Banlist == 0;

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

Nihilo wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Never seen such a prominent warning of this kind on a forum before. Why have it unless there has been a problem?
Well it's obviously tongue in cheek since BANNINATION is not a real word. What happened is that one poster who went by the name Mad American changed his name to Roland something. Vrede pointed out that he sounded identical under both names and had previously posted his IP address when he was posting as Mad American thinking she had access to it only because she's a moderator. Being that she's not that tech savvy (that's just a joke Vrede) she didn't realize we could all see each other's IP addresses on the stats page. So I pointed out he was indeed posting from the very same IP address as Roland and Mad American. He then went ape shit once he found out his IP address was public (as were all of ours) and made up some crap about how 18 people had access to his computer implying it must be someone else posting from his same computer with the exact same one-trick-pony gun nut arguments. So Banni posted that at the top and removed that section of the stats page that revealed IPs.

All those people mentioned who are no longer posting left long before the banner went up.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

Nihilo

Unread post by Nihilo »

Thanks for the explanation, it helps me understand. If posters, other than the one that "Bannination" mentioned, left before the "Forum Rules", why did they go?

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Well at least when you argue with yourself you have the possibility of a draw.

Yep, some of the old wingnuts are over at CPF, which is a hoot and a half.
Yesterday they were complaining they weren't listed in the top 150 or 200
conservative websites. Now if it was the top nutjob websites, they'd be near
the top.

bannination
Captain

Bungalow Bill wrote:Well at least when you argue with yourself you have the possibility of a draw.

Yep, some of the old wingnuts are over at CPF, which is a hoot and a half.
Yesterday they were complaining they weren't listed in the top 150 or 200
conservative websites. Now if it was the top nutjob websites, they'd be near
the top.

Gosh, they can't make up there mind, they were saying they were *the* top forum.

(again, maybe the top nutjob forum.)

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

If you type in conservative forum, they come up near the top because.....their name
is conservative political forum. I do admit they have more assjacks than just about
any other forum. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

bannination
Captain

The Boo Man:
They are still talking about us over at that minor league forum which has a whopping 74 members! Taxed seems to have overtaken Solar in the "I really hate that person" category.
When I looked at the number of guests they had it simply said "Less than MSNBC and one more than the Adolf Hitler Bakery and death forum"

Continue on as you were....

Keyboarder:
Well, I'm one that had to learn the hard way. I didn't think there was such a thing as terminal stupidity so, sadly, here I went. I think I'd be safe in saying that it didn't take me long to find my way right back outta' there. Y'all stay outta' there. Wouldn't want any of that attitude of their's to rub off on any of you

This is the best forum over any of the rest anyway. It is friendly first. Second, most informative with some of the most informed posters. After all of this it's still interesting with it's varied sections of interest not to forget about all of the good humor of the posters.
:-H

They're proud that they regularly have over 100 spambots and crawlers on the site at any given time! :crazy: I guess if I didn't take care to keep fake accounts from being made we'd have a couple thousand non posting members as well. :roll:

bannination
Captain

Vrede wrote:
bannination wrote:...Keyboarder:...
Last visited: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:56 am

His last post called Obama an "imposter", suggested that he would be "a one termer", called me a Democrat, stated the Dems "want this country to be on the bottom of the pile of countries", whined for half his post, and griped that "you...never have any good critisms (sic)."

I guess that's why he's shunned our "terminal stupidity" and ran back to his nursemaid forum that's, redundantly, "most informative with some of the most informed posters."

:lol:

bannination
Captain

.... and they are down...

It's not just you! http://conservativepoliticalforum.com looks down from here.

Check another site?

Troll Patrol

Unread post by Troll Patrol »

bannination wrote:The Boo Man:
They are still talking about us over at that minor league forum which has a whopping 74 members! Taxed seems to have overtaken Solar in the "I really hate that person" category.
When I looked at the number of guests they had it simply said "Less than MSNBC and one more than the Adolf Hitler Bakery and death forum"

Continue on as you were....

Keyboarder:
Well, I'm one that had to learn the hard way. I didn't think there was such a thing as terminal stupidity so, sadly, here I went. I think I'd be safe in saying that it didn't take me long to find my way right back outta' there. Y'all stay outta' there. Wouldn't want any of that attitude of their's to rub off on any of you

This is the best forum over any of the rest anyway. It is friendly first. Second, most informative with some of the most informed posters. After all of this it's still interesting with it's varied sections of interest not to forget about all of the good humor of the posters.
:-H

They're proud that they regularly have over 100 spambots and crawlers on the site at any given time! :crazy: I guess if I didn't take care to keep fake accounts from being made we'd have a couple thousand non posting members as well. :roll:

I appreciate Banni's keeping me informed on that other board. It saves time having to check it. I just wonder why banni spends more time over there than on his own board?

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Seem to be up at the moment . . . I think they have routine problems, or maybe the SolarHole just takes it down temporarily when he has a hissy or something.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

I do agree they are the most informed. Every wingnut falsehood, exaggeration,
misquote, and kooky conspiracy theory that comes down the pike they will parrot.
There's now a thread about getting rid of the office of the president. Talk about
sore losers.

There's one poster over there who does everything he can to convince them he's a
conservative. He gave a long history of his conservative bona fides, but.......he won't
go along with the crazier nutjob stuff, so they don't accept him. Wingnuts=Hilarious.

bannination
Captain

Troll Patrol wrote:
I appreciate Banni's keeping me informed on that other board. It saves time having to check it. I just wonder why banni spends more time over there than on his own board?
No problem, and nah, I spend a max of 5 minutes over there.... a week. Thanks for the interest in my free fun time though!