Coal miners ask Obama to stop ‘absolute lies’

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

October 13, 2012
By CASEY JUNKINS
BEALLSVILLE - Coal miners at the American Energy Corp. Century Mine said they want President Barack Obama to stop what they term the war on coal - and to stop spreading mistruths about them.

Miners gathered Friday afternoon to express their opposition to Obamas energy and environmental policies, which they believe threaten their jobs. Miner Mitch Miracle read aloud a letter the miners mailed to Obama that outlines some of their concerns.

The miners said Obamas campaign team is running ads filled with blatantly false statements about the miners regarding their participation in Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romneys August campaign stop at the Century Mine. These ads assert that the miners were forced to attend the event by the mines owner, Robert Murray.

STANDING UP FOR COAL — Mitch Miracle, a coal miner at American Energy Corp. Century Mine near Beallsville, speaks out Friday against what he and his fellow miners call President Barack Obama’s war on coal.

There are numerous false statements and absolute lies concerning our participation in this event, mostly started by a local shock jock radio host, the miners letter to Obama states. Why would you (Obama) lie about the 500 working miners who have signed this letter? We, the employees of the Century Mine would request you immediately stop these false ads.

This summer, Murray Energy Corp., parent company of the Beallsville mine, cut or relocated 56 workers with the closure of the Red Bird West mine near Brilliant. Murray also cut 29 mining jobs from The Ohio Valley Coal Co.s Powhatan No. 6 Mine. All of this was done, Robert Murray said, because of Obamas war on coal.

Murray then hosted the August Romney campaign stop in Beallsville, during which many miners appeared behind Romney as the former Massachusetts governor spoke about the need to protect coal mining jobs. In response to the assertion some have made about the miners being forced to appear with Romney, the miners made the following points on Friday:

As for anyone who claims the miners were forced to attend, those on-site Friday said these assertions probably came from discharged or disgruntled former employees.

Despite the miners Friday statements, Ohio Democrats have requested a federal investigation regarding Murrays campaign contributions and practices.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Re: Coal miners ask Obama to stop ‘absolute lies’

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

Let see how long it takes a lib to wander on by and say Obama don't lie and it must be Romney lying, Axelrod said so. They are so gullible. :roll:

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

In phone calls and emails to WWVA radio host David Blomquist, employees at the Century Mine in Ohio said they feared retaliation if they did not attend the Romney event.

“Yes, we were in fact told that the Romney event was mandatory and would be without pay, that the hours spent there would need to be made up my non-salaried employees outside of regular working hours, with the only other option being to take a pay cut for the equivalent time,” the employees told Blomquist. “Yes, letters have gone around with lists of names of employees who have not attended or donated to political events.”

“I realize that many people in this area and elsewhere would love to have my job or my benefits,” one worker explained. “And our bosses do not hesitate in reminding us of this. However, I can not agree with these callers and my supervisors, who are saying that just because you have a good job, that you should have to work any day for free on almost no notice without your consent.”

“We do not appreciate being intimidated into exchanging our time for nothing. I heard one of your callers saying that Murray employees are well aware of what they are getting into upon hire, or that they are informed that a percentage of their income will go to political donations. I can not speak for that caller, but this is news for me. We merely find out how things work by experience.”

Facts... (rightwingers and other nitwits need not click.. .. )
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Fact from nothing more the a leftwing liberal blog. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A Pew Research Center for The People & The Press report released March 9, 2005, revealed that "Some 75 million Americans, or 37 percent of the total adult population and 61 percent of online Americans, used the Internet to get political news and information" [1]

AlterNet alternet.org
BuzzFlash buzzflash.com and its parent publication, Truthout truthout.org
Common Dreams commondreams.org
CounterPunch counterpunch.org
Cursor cursor.org
Daily Kos dailykos.com
Democratic Underground democraticunderground.com
dKosopedia dkosopedia.com : "written from a left/progressive/liberal/Democratic point of view"
Eschaton (Atrios) atrios.blogspot.com
FAIR
In These Times inthesetimes.com
Independent Media Center (Indymedia) indymedia.org
Media Matters for America MediaMatters.org
Media Transparency
Michael Moore michaelmoore.com
Mother Jones motherjones.com
MSNBC NBCnews.com
Orcinus dneiwert.blogspot.com
OpEdNews.com / OpEdNews.com comes up first on google for progressive news and progressive or liberal op-ed, second on google for liberal news (after Rawstory.com)
Pacific News Service [2]
Pangagon pandagon.net
PR Watch
Salon salon.com
Smirking Chimp smirkingchimp.com
Talking Points Memo talkingpointsmemo.com
The American Prospect (TAP) prospect.org
The Hamster the-hamster.com
The Progressive progressive.org
The Nation
The New Republic tnr.com
The Raw Story rawstory.com
This Modern World thismodernworld.com
Tom Paine (Common Sense) tompaine.com
Truthout truthout.org
Utne utne.com
Crock Hunter wrote:In phone calls and emails to WWVA radio host David Blomquist, employees at the Century Mine in Ohio said they feared retaliation if they did not attend the Romney event.

“Yes, we were in fact told that the Romney event was mandatory and would be without pay, that the hours spent there would need to be made up my non-salaried employees outside of regular working hours, with the only other option being to take a pay cut for the equivalent time,” the employees told Blomquist. “Yes, letters have gone around with lists of names of employees who have not attended or donated to political events.”

“I realize that many people in this area and elsewhere would love to have my job or my benefits,” one worker explained. “And our bosses do not hesitate in reminding us of this. However, I can not agree with these callers and my supervisors, who are saying that just because you have a good job, that you should have to work any day for free on almost no notice without your consent.”

“We do not appreciate being intimidated into exchanging our time for nothing. I heard one of your callers saying that Murray employees are well aware of what they are getting into upon hire, or that they are informed that a percentage of their income will go to political donations. I can not speak for that caller, but this is news for me. We merely find out how things work by experience.”

Facts... (rightwingers and other nitwits need not click.. .. )

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Colon Taster wrote:Fact from nothing more the a leftwing liberal blog. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The radio jock said that. That's a fact. If the quotes appeared in the Martian Inquirer or the Liars' Herald, it doesn't change the fact that the radio jock said that.

Whether he's telling the truth or not could be disputed.

Sorry you couldn't figure that out and tried to discredit the source.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Stinger wrote:
Colon Taster wrote:Fact from nothing more the a leftwing liberal blog. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The radio jock said that. That's a fact. If the quotes appeared in the Martian Inquirer or the Liars' Herald, it doesn't change the fact that the radio jock said that.

Whether he's telling the truth or not could be disputed.

Sorry you couldn't figure that out and tried to discredit the source.
Yup it must be true your left wing rag said so. Keep chugging that there koolaid. Next you'll be quoting MM's. :roll:

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Obama is not the only one to be asked to stop saying certain things.:

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/ ... her-libya/

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Bungalow Bill wrote:Obama is not the only one to be asked to stop saying certain things.:

Which is worse . . . using a dead soldier for political gain or accurately quoting a radio jock's story?

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Bungalow Bill wrote:Obama is not the only one to be asked to stop saying certain things.:

ThinkProgress was voted “Best Liberal Blog”
:roll:
No wonder you libs are so misinformed. Drink up!!!

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Got to love the nutjobs. A story that has appeared in numerous publications suddenly isn't true
when it is linked from a liberal site. So if Arlen Specter's death was reported in ThinkProgress that
means he's still alive? Winguts=Hilarious. So where was the misinformation? :lol: :lol:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.1179143

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Col. Thorny and the Crickets.