Obama's Ring

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Tertius
Squadron Leader

Obama's Ring

Unread post by Tertius »

This is what I have heard. Obama has been wearing the same wedding band for 30 years. It is not a wedding band given to him by the First Lady. Some think is related to Islam. There are several web pictures so search. The band looks well worn so 30 years sounds right.

I take the ring to be a signal to bellow Muslims.

Rebuttal

O Really
Admiral

Re: Obama's Ring

Unread post by O Really »

Tert's original source, the World Nut Daily.
Here's another viewpoint from The Christian Post. http://global.christianpost.com/news/ba ... lse-83319/
Short version, WND is full of it as usual.

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

As a coin collector I know how many people can imagine what they want to see. The part I would like an answer to is the ring's origin. Supposedly the ring on the left hand pre-dates his marriage to the First Lady.

I agree I cannot say there is an inscription.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Tertius wrote:This is what I have heard. Obama has been wearing the same wedding band for 30 years. It is not a wedding band given to him by the First Lady. Some think is related to Islam. There are several web pictures so search. The band looks well worn so 30 years sounds right.

I take the ring to be a signal to bellow Muslims.

Rebuttal
A signal to bellow Muslims?

Rebuttal? You've got to be kidding. 100% pure, unadulterated wingnut bullshit based on nothing whatsoever, and you want rebuttal? How the **** do you rebut a fairy tale?

I'll tell you what it really is. It's a Kenyan birth certificate ring.

Don't you clowns ever learn? How many conspiracies have you chugged the Kool Aid on? You've got a learning curve that never curves.

I'm really hoping that Tertius is posting this nonsense as a joke just to draw a rise out of people, because if he's serious and is representative of any significant percentage of our voting citizenry, this is truly scary.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Tertius wrote:Supposedly.
You fell for that like a ton of bricks. Have some more.

AntiAlias
Pilot Officer

Unread post by AntiAlias »

Stinger wrote:
Tertius wrote:Supposedly.
You fell for that like a ton of bricks. Have some more.

If you thought that the crazies only lived on BRN, you haven't seen shit until the wackos from Spartanburg all show up.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

This is a relief. After that post about how Ambassador Stevens was killed because he was gay
and Obama wanted to out him or whatever the nonsense was, tertiary has been slacking up
a bit on the usual nutjob junk. Now that he's come up with Obama's magical Muslim code ring,
I feel much better. Wingnuts, forward march.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Bungalow Bill wrote:This is a relief. After that post about how Ambassador Stevens was killed because he was gay
and Obama wanted to out him or whatever the nonsense was, tertiary has been slacking up
a bit on the usual nutjob junk. Now that he's come up with Obama's magical Muslim code ring,
I feel much better. Wingnuts, forward march.
Here's a closeup.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

O Really wrote:Tert's original source, the World Nut Daily.
Here's another viewpoint from The Christian Post. http://global.christianpost.com/news/ba ... lse-83319/
Short version, WND is full of it as usual.
From your link:
Although a Duke professor who preferred to remain unnamed told TheBlaze.com that the image of the president's ring obtained by WND did seem to accurately portray the first part of the shahada ......
Shine on, Duke!

I reckon the wingnuts needed to ramp it up as we draw closer to the election. Perhaps they realize the birth certificate hysteria has lost its punch.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

So Obama did not wear this wedding ring 10 years before he was married.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Snopes points out that all the images used to make this ludicrous claim are low-res, blurry, and useless. It's the only way the wingnuts can get their imaginations to overpower their eyes.

Snopes posted the high-res, sharp picture above to show that it’s just a patterned ring. They consulted six different people who were fluent in Arabic writing. The verdict: an abstract pattern with no discernible meaning in Arabic.

Snopes also pointed out the silliness of imagining that one of the most photographed people in the world who has had to deal with stupid Muslim rumors on an ongoing basis would wear something that proved the stupid rumors to be true.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/weddingring.asp

Obama would be too smart to do that, but I can see where the lower end of the gene pool would think that he would -- it’s the kind of thing they would do.

Another wingnut bit of idiocy goes down in flames.

And another round of “Damn the facts. Full stupid ahead.” begins anew.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Tertius wrote:So Obama did not wear this wedding ring 10 years before he was married.

So people never use family heirlooms for wedding rings?

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

Stinger wrote:
Tertius wrote:So Obama did not wear this wedding ring 10 years before he was married.

I know my wife's diamond was my grandmothers.
So it was a family heirloom?

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Tertius wrote:
Stinger wrote:

From Indonesia. Remember he and Mom lived there?

Remember all the stupid winger delusions that arose from that: the Madrassa, Barry Soetoro, Muslim, etc. All went down in flames when exposed to the light of reality.

Not that there aren't a number of self-deluded twits who still cling to those myths.

You guys never learn, do you? That red Kool Aid must be some powerful stuff.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

It's probably a secret Muslim voodoo ring.....looks like coiled snakes confined with minimal restraint. Just our luck. Yeah, we're sure gonna die now. I used to have a Cracker Jack ring that you could blow into and it would make a sound like Curly from the 3 stooges, but I'm not sure that would help in this particular case.....

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Tertius wrote:
Stinger wrote:

Is she dead? The grandmother, I mean. I am an amateur crime fighter and just wanted to know if maybe you and your wife stole her ring when she wasn't looking. Let me know. My paper is due Thursday. Thanks.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tertius wrote:I know my wife's diamond was my grandmothers.
Is she dead? The grandmother, I mean. I am an amateur crime fighter and just wanted to know if maybe you and your wife stole her ring when she wasn't looking. Let me know. My paper is due Thursday. Thanks.
Colon-L Taylor in the Dining Room with the Candlestick.
Last edited by Stinger on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

neoplacebo wrote: Is she dead? The grandmother, I mean. I am an amateur crime fighter and just wanted to know if maybe you and your wife stole her ring when she wasn't looking. Let me know. My paper is due Thursday. Thanks.
Ifyou are so much of a detective figure it out.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

It's Big O's magic time machine ring. He uses it to go back in time and help Little
Orphan Annie and Sandy persuade Daddy Warbucks to become a pacifist. Wow.

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

neoplacebo wrote:It's probably a secret Muslim voodoo ring.....looks like coiled snakes confined with minimal restraint. Just our luck. Yeah, we're sure gonna die now. I used to have a Cracker Jack ring that you could blow into and it would make a sound like Curly from the 3 stooges, but I'm not sure that would help in this particular case.....
Post of the day!!