The car thread ...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The car thread ...

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I would go to one of these:

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: The car/plane thread ...

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I've been seeing this for several days now and fully expect a follow-up post from Verde informing me that I'm posting old news. Hopefully this is new to someone
Actually this article was in my 1961 Weekly Reader and
included a picture with a plane-car, or car plane in every driveway. Thinking back, the picture was a lot like the scenes in the movie, My Blue Heaven.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6330523068112
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

That's pretty cool. Kinda scary though to consider how reckless people are on the freeway - now put them out there in the air with no lane markers.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The car/plane thread ...

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:10 pm
I've been seeing this for several days now and fully expect a follow-up post from Verde

Who? :P

informing me that I'm posting old news.

:D Only a vaguely related post AFAIK. ;)
viewtopic.php?p=185959#p185959
Pinto :lol:

Hopefully this is new to someone
Actually this article was in my 1961 Weekly Reader and
included a picture with a plane-car, or car plane in every driveway. Thinking back, the picture was a lot like the scenes in the movie, My Blue Heaven.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6330523068112
Article and more video:
A flying car prototype just got an airworthiness certificate from the FAA

... It apparently will be able to carry one or two occupants and will have a road-range of 200 miles and a flying range of 110 miles.

The company expects to sell the vehicle for $300,000 each with the first delivery by projected for the end of 2025.
Ah, will anyone care if they crash?
... The company’s website said the flying car will be a certified as a “low speed vehicle,” which means it won’t be able to go faster than about 25 miles per hour on a paved road.
:yawn:
“The assumption is that, if a driver needs a faster route, a driver will use Alef’s flight capabilities,” the company posted on the site.
To go to the mall 2 exits away?
... The company also said that earlier this year that it had taken refundable pre-orders for more than 400 of the vehicles, with the cost of $150 for to be in the general queue or $1,500 for the priority queue.
Anyone here in line yet?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So it's really a flying golf cart.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:57 pm
So it's really a flying golf cart.
More

https://youtu.be/E5YRh8vLjLU
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4446 ... nes-hoods/

Are all ticktockers assholes, or are some just idiots?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:04 pm
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4446 ... nes-hoods/

Are all ticktockers assholes, or are some just idiots?
I share the skepticism towards robotaxis and other self-driving vehicles, and it bugs me that they're job killers. Without a cone:
... the post shows a variety of clips of self-driving cars confused, blocking crosswalks, and stuck in weird situations ...
I'm not saying that I agree with the tactic, but it is a little funny.

As to the broader question, I've never registered but TikTok has plenty of lighthearted fare, and it's also been used to raise big bucks for charity and to flood Dolt .45 rallies with spoof ticket requests.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

billy.p might not want to see this - basically built a go-kart out of a Tesla Model S Plaid (original price $106K+)

https://carbuzz.com/news/tesla-model-s- ... ic%2Fdiets
Spoiler:

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:05 pm
billy.p might not want to see this - basically built a go-kart out of a Tesla Model S Plaid (original price $106K+)

https://carbuzz.com/news/tesla-model-s- ... ic%2Fdiets
Spoiler:
Ooh, I gotta get me one of those sexy beasts

Said no one ever.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:11 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:05 pm

https://carbuzz.com/news/tesla-model-s- ... -this-week
Spoiler:
Ooh, I gotta get me one of those sexy beasts

Said no one ever.
The BoostedBoiz fail the concept of environmentally responsible motoring.

Man faces DUI charges after bar exit burnout leads to collision with PSL patrol car

Opps, I hate when that happens.

viewtopic.php?p=185057#p185057
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:25 pm
When he got out of the car, he rubbed his palms on the front of his pant legs and said "I meant to do that." The crowd burst into applause.
:lol:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:00 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:54 am
O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:48 am
I'm pretty sure you have to make an effort to roll coal.
True, but I don't know if they were directing anything at me, or just being morons at large.
I never knew that Rolling coal is an intentional act. Assholes. "Prius repellent", but Teslas aren't mentioned. EPA-illegal, but only Maryland and New Jersey among "our" states have an additional ban. I doubt that any state troopers or local cops enforce EPA law. :x
Whack9 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:39 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:28 pm
"Practitioners often additionally modify their vehicles by installing smoke switches"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_coal
Most of the time when I see this, rather than being outraged, I notice for a split second then almost immediately forget about it and go about my day. I think this is probably how most people feel, unless you're on a bike or something and it causes you injury.

Finding joy in trying to make someone else angry or upset is really indicative of a severe lack of emotional immaturity. It accomplishes and changes absolutely nothing.

I asked an overseas friend that's been living in the US for about three years if she thought Americans in general are dumb. And she responded with an "absolutely".
:D

Dashboard camera catches disturbing video of tailgating (rolling coal) truck moments before crashing into median: ‘Those things should be illegal’
“Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving person.”

Video

:laughing-rolling:
As soon as I saw him rolling coal I was like "Fucking hope he smashed the shit out of that truck". I was not disappointed. Those things should be illegal.
Everyone liked that.
:thumbup:
You know he is thinking, "That silver car did this to me."
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:36 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:00 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:54 am
O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:48 am
I'm pretty sure you have to make an effort to roll coal.
True, but I don't know if they were directing anything at me, or just being morons at large.
I never knew that Rolling coal is an intentional act. Assholes. "Prius repellent", but Teslas aren't mentioned. EPA-illegal, but only Maryland and New Jersey among "our" states have an additional ban. I doubt that any state troopers or local cops enforce EPA law. :x
Whack9 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:39 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:28 pm
"Practitioners often additionally modify their vehicles by installing smoke switches"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_coal
Most of the time when I see this, rather than being outraged, I notice for a split second then almost immediately forget about it and go about my day. I think this is probably how most people feel, unless you're on a bike or something and it causes you injury.

Finding joy in trying to make someone else angry or upset is really indicative of a severe lack of emotional immaturity. It accomplishes and changes absolutely nothing.

I asked an overseas friend that's been living in the US for about three years if she thought Americans in general are dumb. And she responded with an "absolutely".
:D

Dashboard camera catches disturbing video of tailgating (rolling coal) truck moments before crashing into median: ‘Those things should be illegal’
“Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving person.”

Video

:laughing-rolling:
As soon as I saw him rolling coal I was like "Fucking hope he smashed the shit out of that truck". I was not disappointed. Those things should be illegal.
Everyone liked that.
:thumbup:
You know he is thinking, "That silver car did this to me."
That wasn't much more than typical diesel exhaust during shifting.

I've been coal rolled several times. Heavy, heavy smoke for 10 seconds or more.

https://youtu.be/3nxgz6rOI_c

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:57 am
That wasn't much more than typical diesel exhaust during shifting.

I've been coal rolled several times. Heavy, heavy smoke for 10 seconds or more.

https://youtu.be/3nxgz6rOI_c
Because you drive a Tesla? Bastards :x . . . though I suppose recently might be anti-Elon statements instead of anti-green ones. ;)

Yeah, the article describes why the videoing car thought the rolling coal attempts were weak. -0-?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

This makes no sense to me:
'It can't be': 3 Marines found in car near Camp Lejeune died of carbon monoxide poisoning

Autopsies show the three U.S. Marines found dead in a parked car at a gas station in a coastal North Carolina community over the weekend died from carbon monoxide poisoning, the Pender County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday....
Were they on drugs? It's not like the nights are cool enough that one has to run the engine for heat. Ideas?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I thought I had read somewhere that with catalytic converters the output from the exhaust pipe doesn't contain enough CO to normally be a danger. But if the converter is bad or, apparently, if the pipe is clogged or if there's a hole in the exhaust in front of the converter, it would be a hazard. Running a pipe into a car used to be a fairly common suicide method, but not so much anymore apparently because of the converters.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:57 am
ICYMI:
Arizona man was trapped in his Tesla on a 100 degree day; here's how to get out

... Tesla does have an override to escape the vehicle if the battery dies or if the door won't open. The emergency latch is found underneath the window switches of the front seat in the Tesla Model Y.

According to Paul Shoemaker, a Colorado firefighter with extensive training with electric vehicles, not all Tesla's have such a latch for back seats. He says there is a lack of knowledge about the latch in part because drivers do not fully read their manuals....

Meggison says he learned about the latch after he got stuck.

“It’s not labeled. You don’t know it’s there unless you know it’s there,” he said.
The article doesn't say how he got out. I keep a window smashing tool within reach just in case.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:46 am
I thought I had read somewhere that with catalytic converters the output from the exhaust pipe doesn't contain enough CO to normally be a danger. But if the converter is bad or, apparently, if the pipe is clogged or if there's a hole in the exhaust in front of the converter, it would be a hazard. Running a pipe into a car used to be a fairly common suicide method, but not so much anymore apparently because of the converters.
Thanks, I'll scratch that 'murder disguised as suicide' off my list. :twisted:

https://wlos.com/news/local/shocking-hi ... ad-candler
"Ellores Brailey closed on the house the day before the crash."

:shock: I hate when that happens. Insured yet? TV news: House sold when widow of NASCAR champion died. Irony.
1312. ETTD.